[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On this day, 9 years ago, this game was released. What does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: super paper mario.jpg (266 KB, 1280x1797) Image search: [Google]
super paper mario.jpg
266 KB, 1280x1797
On this day, 9 years ago, this game was released.
What does /v/ think of Super Paper Mario?
>>
tyd a best
>>
I thought it would suck since the gameplay was different but it was kind of fun, I liked the characters and story more than the other paper mario games.
>>
>>333679876

A comfy third place after PM and TTYD. So far above SS that it isn't even funny.
>>
>>333679876

I liked it. I wasn't really in the mood for another RPG when it came out so the action platforming was a welcome change of pace. Pity the story and characters weren't quite as good as the previous games.
>>
I liked it. The gameplay was fun and the dialogue was nice too.
>>
File: 1460136708472.png (29 KB, 199x197) Image search: [Google]
1460136708472.png
29 KB, 199x197
>>333679876

>Still had kinda cool art direction
>Some of the new NPCs looked like trash
>Solid user interface
>Plot was pretty phenominal
>Subverted classic tropes in an interesting way
>Completely adhered to other tropes at the same time
>Essentially the spirit of TTYD and PM64 in a 2D platform puzzler
>Oh, and the flopside pit of trials is complete bullshit.
>>
Deserves a sequel.
>>
>>333681182
Yo, FUCK the Pit of Trials!
>>
>>333679876
Never played.

I liked the commercial though and the concept of going from 2d to 3d was interesting.
>>
It's PURE garbage... It was the first time I bought a Nintendo game and couldn't bring myself to play it from how bad it was. Before I used to blindly buy any Nintendo game but this game fucking sucked ass.
>>
>>333679876
Garbage game. Say what you will about the story but the platforming is bad, the gimmicks aren't fun, the companions are shit, the art direction is uninspired and bad, and it's overall a bad game. A good story (Not my opinion btw, but that's all I hear people saying about SPM) doesn't make it a good game.
>>
>>333679876
They went kind of insane with the story/setting.

Especially the part where you die.
>>
It has some funny dialogue and scenarios, and a few neat ideas. But the gameplay is terrible, the actual plot is some self-serious Z-grade anime shit and it the character designs make it look like a bad fangame
>>
I'm convinced that while Mario and Co. were in flipside, Toad was then multiplying and ravaging toad town, throwing all toads that weren't generic reds into a super secret dungeon. And then Sticker Star happens.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 600x693) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 600x693
One of my very favorite games.
>>
its pretty good

The grinding for coins sucked, but I have a feeling it was meant to be annoying and grueling
>>
>>333681292
If they polish the platforming and the combat it could be pretty good.
>>
I liked it better than TTYD. Maybe because I played SPM first.
>>
It just wasn't fun, and that's the worst thing a video game can be - not fun.
>>
>>333679876
I really liked it. I would've preferred an action-command based RPG like the first two Paper Marios, but it's still really good and it's got all the charming writing and clever level design.

It's just, it's not like there's any real shortage of Mario platformers. You make spinoffs so Mario can do shit besides the platformers which he does extremely well.
>>
File: 1457311309821.png (253 KB, 700x1400) Image search: [Google]
1457311309821.png
253 KB, 700x1400
I miss them already!
>>
>>333681182
>Have to do the Flipside
>Then have do the Flopside
>Then the asshole at floor 100 makes you do it all over again with no changes whatsoever
>Boss fight was decent at most but the reward for doing so was NOT worth doing 300 Trials to get to it.

Granted it was easier than TTYD's and you could cheese way through it. It was still bullshit.
>>
>>333679876
I was interested in the style change but when I played it I started to hate the game by the half-way point (cave-man land) and the only reason I kept playing it was because the story and characters were kind of interesting/charming.
>>
>>333682126
God damn vivian
>>
File: 1458114876897.png (193 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458114876897.png
193 KB, 400x400
>mfw seeing Sammer's Kingdom
>>
>>333679876
i wasn't ready for that ending...
>tfw the kinda guy that cries at both bad and good endings
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.