[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's an indieshit "mother-like j"rpg Literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Zk38zWZ.png (524 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Zk38zWZ.png
524 KB, 600x600
>it's an indieshit "mother-like j"rpg
Literally this gen's bald marine shooter.
What are other genres people tried to cash out through the years?
>>
Roguelikes, except not really.
>>
MOBAs
>>
Every big company has tried to clone WoW with no success.
>>
File: 1456754630523.gif (1 MB, 320x289) Image search: [Google]
1456754630523.gif
1 MB, 320x289
>"____-like"
>"_____punk"

When will these memes end?
>>
>>333677530
____punk are a real theme retard
>>
I predict souls-like is the next meme genre.
Well, there's already a few, Lords of the Fallen, Salt and Sanctuary, any other?
>>
minecraft games with less content
zombie-anything
minimal effort youtube bait games
>>
>>333677382
>it's an indieshit "mother-like j"rpg

I know of Undertale and LISA, but otherwise I'm struggling to think of others with the same aesthetic and turn-based combat. Can you list others? Because two games do not match the amount of games that came out matching the bald marine shooter genre you're talking about.

Anyway, walking simulators have become a common plague lately. Stuff like Gone Home, Machine for Pigs, Dear Esther, and more just continue the trend of story heavy linear VNs that allow movement. A few years back indie platformers also took over with stuff like Limbo, Braid, Fez, and more. And you can't forget the early access open-world survival games that have plagued Steam. Those are just a few trends.
>>
>>333677865
There's the one game, Ni-Oh or something.

Either way, tons of games have copied mechanics from Souls games including losing a consumable upon death that you have to retrieve, limited healing items that refresh upon checkpoints, and "unforgiving" gameplay. Of course this is without any of the interesting environments or thought put into how the mechanics work that make the Souls games good in the first place.
>>
>>333678082
Mother 4
Citizens of Earth
Boot Hill Heroes
Some other steam game about a ghost in a train or some shit.
Some upcoming 3D game about a redhead hipster. Been featured on PS conferences.
Undertale 2
>>
File: 1456422246744.jpg (49 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456422246744.jpg
49 KB, 600x600
>>333678616
The redhead hipster one is making me wnt to quit video games altogether tbqh fampai. The fact that it's disgusting developers put themselves into their faggy numale game and it's getting featured everywhere is a telling sign that video games will die soon.
>>
>>333678616
Mother 4 doesn't fit the role of "mother-like". It is Mother, is it not? Citizens of Earth was forgotten within seconds, and Undertale 2 has no basis outside the fact that Toby Fox said he wants to work on something new after a break.

That hardly seems like a trend on par with the amount of generic shooters we had throughout the last gen. I appreciate you listing some stuff, but it hardly points to a ave of upcoming games in that same style.
>>
>>333679075
See the light bro. Don't let one thing you don't like ruin your enjoyment.
Seriously, I've been so disappointed at the way indieshit is going I don't want to support any of them, even though I'm sure some passionate folks are putting out good stuff.
>>
>>333679084
Mother 4 is a fan-game, it's imitating the first 3 games.
And well, obviously the biggest two examples were listed by you. I'm sure there's dozens of tumblirinas trying to make their own undermeme right about now, so they'll be the new shooter soon enough.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.