[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yay or nay? It's on sale right now so I thought I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: F8ntOoq[1].png (111 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
F8ntOoq[1].png
111 KB, 1920x1120
Yay or nay? It's on sale right now so I thought I'd give it a try?
>>
It's pretty shit. Majority of the game is rng, only mildly mitigated by player skill. I'd give it a pass.
>>
>>333675749
How about multiplayer?
>>
>>333675749
Ignore this guy OP, he doesn't know jack shit

Although it does have some rng to it, its mostly a dungeon crawler with some tower defense/basebuilding elements to it. I find it a lot of fun, got about 15 hours out of it.

Also multiplayer is usually dead, and if there isn't 4 people in a game, you're fucked.
>>
>>333675749
>>333676579
>>
1 yes 1 no, what now?
>>
>>333675554
Yay for the comfy soundtrack alone. If you aren't shit at casual strategy fans like this then you'll like it.
>>
>>333675554
it's been a while since i played so if my information is inacurate i'm sorry.

it's a long game to work through for single player and if i recall you have to start over completely if you fail, normally this isn't an issue as you know if a run is fubar right away. i sunk serious hours into a solid playthrough only to have the run go south over halfway through the game as i found out my successful stratagy up until that point was no longer cutting it and the resources into doing it gimped the possibly of salving the run.

if i recall what i did in the failed run was take the one character that gets super buff if alone and have them do all the heavy lifting and have any other characters i can find directly working on buildings (i think they buffed them? it's been a while) eventually my overpowered loner character was being overwhelmed and the game quickly ended after hours of work.

couldn't bring myself to play another round of the game after that.
>>
>>333675554
Got about 5 hours of fun from it. I loved FTL but this was not like it at all really.
>>
>>333678489
i just checked: i had 12 hours into the game when i put it down, i think about 70% of that time was in that single run alone.
>>
It's pretty good op, worth 10 bucks or less

Especially if you can get some friends to play it with, it's a good dungeon crawler
>>
Good dungeon crawler with some flaws
Pros:
>mmmmm good soundtrack
>looks pretty
>gameplay is pretty fun and simple
>writing is somehow pretty funny and charming
>very difficult, but has a lot of content
>co-op is very fun and requires a shit ton of cooperating skills
>all the characters play very differently
>dust is a cool idea and enemy waves are neat
Cons:
>way too tough at times, almost unfairly
>RNG can kill you easily, game is far to harsh earlygame
>enemy waves can quickly become too tough to handle to easily
>singleplayer is a drag if you get a sucky run
>>
>>333676438

Multiplayer is a joke really, I guess if you had a friend it would be okay but the game is a weird blend of real time with some turn-based elements that ultimately doesn't mesh well with multiplayer.

That being said it is still a very good rogue-like game. I found it most similar to FTL, in that rng plays a role but with enough strategy and planning you can make it through most situations.

It is definitely worth $4
>>
This game's soundtrack is amazing. Comfiest shit I've ever heard.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.