[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinion on Shin Megami Tensei for the SNES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Protag's bedroom.png (112 KB, 3584x1792) Image search: [Google]
Protag's bedroom.png
112 KB, 3584x1792
Your opinion on Shin Megami Tensei for the SNES
>>
Fantastic game, with some bullshit encounters.
>>
>>333670974
good game
PS version is better
>>
>>333670974
really good. love the talk system.

tried to beat it twice, never got to the end.
>>
>>333670974
I found the opening scene to be too scary. I was getting taken through some sort of flesh maze, and then I ran into some sort of tormented zombie Jesus on a cross. I continued through the flesh maze some more then I woke up in my room. From there I was just walking around the city and it felt pretty lack luster. It went from something simply too scary for a SNES game to something that hardly warrants being a game. I think a better name for this game would have been "Shin Megami Roller Coaster" because that's what the game does, but it starts you at the top of the drop.
>>
Frustrating, combat is broken but not in a fun way like the other games
Still beat it though
>>
>>333671182
i would fucking love to go back in time to when i was a kid and have this game.

play it in the dark at night and shit, would be so fuckin spooky.
>>
Has one of the best stories in SMT
>>
>>333670974
i accidentally went lawful or something last time i played it. i wanted to be neutral, not a goody two shoes
>>
It's fun, but those rooms where everything is dark suck ass. The sequel is one of the best SNES games ever made
>>
FUCKING JAP SHIT
>>
Oh yeah, this reminds me that 4 is on sale on the eshop for like 13 bucks, I'm guessing it's worth it to someone who hasn't played the series but loves something like etrain odyssey?
>>
>>333671528
I prefer 1 to 2 honestly.

>>333671678
It's not like 1/2 or EO, but it's solid. Gives you a good sense of the series feel.
>>
I got to the point where Jesus nukes Japan, took a break for a month, and now I'm lost and clueless in the capital wasteland.
>>
>>333670974
the last dungeon is pretty cray
>>
Tedious, unfun, imbalanced, badly designed in almost all respects except world-building. If you put it down for more than a day, you'll forget where you need to go to advance the plot, and since there's significant backtracking and "talk to this one person in X Japanese city," a strategy guide is mandatory.
>>
>>333671817
Head to Shinjuku. Explore around there, because if you wander the overworld, you'll get mental damage every moon cycle until you find the heroine.
>>
I want to play it.
But I keep buying new releases.
After DaS3 I might have a reprieve from game buying, so this will be next in line, I promise.
but Star Fox Zero...
>>
>>333671908
git gud
>>
>>333671959
>you'll get mental damage
explain
>>
Arcade!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilvTHsyot1A
>>
>>333672041
Every moon cycle, you'll receive a telepathic message that does damage.
>>
File: 1423459702691.png (64 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
1423459702691.png
64 KB, 300x150
>>333671959
>you'll get mental damage every moon cycle
>>
>>333672028
I totally bet you beat SMT I without looking anything up whatsoever.
>>
File: classroom.png (316 KB, 3584x1664) Image search: [Google]
classroom.png
316 KB, 3584x1664
tfw SMT if... never get translated.
>>
>>333672212
SMT1 isn't really that complex. The only point I needed to look up was when I accidentally went to Roppongi before completing Shinjuku and had to drop the gushing jar.
>>
>>333672174
Oh, I thought you meant there was some hidden mechanic in the game that affected your character's sanity.
>>
>>333671182
Was that really a flesh maze? I thought the place was just painted red.
>>
>>333672873
It looked like one to me!
>>
>>333672217
No fan translation?
>>
Random battles taken to their utmost extreme. They're not even difficult after a point, they're just a huge pain in the ass when you have to select your gun over and over again. We're talking a battle every few steps. If the average completion time is 50 hours, 45 of those are wandering enemy-filled areas.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.