[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you let him live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13
File: kenny.png (1019 KB, 629x812) Image search: [Google]
kenny.png
1019 KB, 629x812
Did you let him live?
>>
yes. Jane is a bitch who only cares about herself and Kenny is the only one with any character development at all.

/thread
>>
>>333661492
>letting a man rights activist live
sure... if you are stupid, that is
>>
>>333661492
they both died.
>>
>>333661574
Character development because the fucking devs didn't want to fucking drop him from the last season. Since he didn't develop as a character in season 1.
>>
No, no real Kennyfag let him live. He'd completely lost it, he was a liability at best. The best thing to do was send him to heaven so he can have kick-ass 3-ways with Katja and Sarita.
>>
The first time I played, I shot him because I wanted Clementine to live and Jane seemed more interested in survival while Kenny was going off the deep end, what with losing his family twice in a row.

Then it turned out that Jane, rather than being the survival-focused stronk womyn that she seemed to be, was actually just a manipulative cunt, and if I had chosen Kenny instead Clementine would've had the choice to enter that big survivor city or roll on adventures with him later.

The moral of the story is never trust short-haired bitches.
>>
Of course I did, You don't turn your back on family.
>>
>>333661492
I couldn't kill him. Even when I played for the second time to get the Jane ending I couldn't kill him.
>>
I didn't stop him from killing Jane, but I thought he was just fucking DONE. There was no coming back for him, so, I shot him.

For fuck's sake, I thought I was doing him a favor. He even told me to do it.
>>
File: 12341342345.png (87 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
12341342345.png
87 KB, 250x241
>>333662976
I see what you mean but i just couldn't do it
>>
I don't understand why people agonise so much over this

He was about to murder someone so he got shot in an attempt to stop it. It was poorly written and it made it not very much of a choice. You have to do some very odd utilitarian mental gymnastics to justify anything else, even though Kenny was much more likable AND had better endings.
>>
File: pepe weed.png (75 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
pepe weed.png
75 KB, 230x230
of course

watched him drive the knife through Jane's throat

wish there was a "good job" option

poor Janefags getting shitty endings
>>
I killed him, then regretted it immensely right afterwards. Would have killed the baby too if the game had let me, shame on Telltale for saddling you with the little bastard.
>>
>>333663035
Simply because the devs favored Kenny from the start. Letting him comeback to season two when he was nothing but a prick in the first. Giving him the good ending even though he was the entire fucking reason everyone fuck ended up dying in almost every scenario in season 1 and 2. Good intentions don't mean shit if you're being a god damn retard while going about it.
>>
File: nod.gif (162 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
nod.gif
162 KB, 350x197
>>333663126
>>
No, he was too messed up and broken after all he went through. The best thing for him was just to end it, he would've snapped sooner or later.
>>
File: kennyalwaysgoodforasmile.png (303 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
kennyalwaysgoodforasmile.png
303 KB, 640x360
>You're always good for a smile.

Literally fucking Keep That Hair Short/I'll Miss You of season 2. Emotional terrorists.
>>
>>333663440
You can kill both Jane and Kenny and screw yourself and the baby over.
>>
File: alphys smug.png (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
alphys smug.png
51 KB, 600x600
>>333663464
>devs favor kenny
>entire jane/kenny fight is geared towards you trying to help Jane

it was hilarious how all those prompts came up and I just stood there watching
>>
>Jane engineers a situation in which Kenny has no choice but to attack her
>He attacks her
>"LOOK HE'S CRAZY. HE SHOULD HAVE JUST NOT GIVEN A SHIT THAT I KILLED A BABY"
Janefags are the absolute worst.
>>
File: clemjacket.png (196 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
clemjacket.png
196 KB, 500x534
>>333661492
Shot him. Left Jane. Went alone to try to find food for an infant in the countryside.
>>
>>333662976
I don't know about that anon. He seems pretty together after the whole thing.
>>333663583
She is literally kicking a hornet's nest and complaining when she gets stung.
>>
>>333663464
I had a love-hate relationship with Kenny in the first season, but at least he had a coherent arc and established ending.

Season 2 should have stuck with developing the characters in the new group.
>>
>>333663576
Kenny not killed or exiled for all the shitty decisions he does in both seasons. Falls into a fucking hive of Undead and lives to be a pivotal part of season 2. He gets a second fucking wife and child. Every dumbass idea Kenny ever had was the right choice when all common sense would dictate otherwise. He gets the fucking good ending even though his plan was a fucking shot in the god damn dark.
He was fucking favored.
>>
>>333663910
>shitty decisions

he's literally always right

always

all the fuck ups he's experienced have been due to other people
>>
Kenny was literally right about everything
>>
>>333663569
Honestly I doubt she would be screwed, Clementine has gone through enough and is smart and competent enough to survive well enough alone. But what use is keeping the baby alive in a dead world?
>>
>>333663984
>>333663987
>17:55:34
fucking hivemind
>>
>>333663857
>love-hate
If you didn't agree with every little fucking thing he said and did you were literally Hitler in his eyes. One slip up and he would contemplate killing you in your sleep.

Season two you could not make him hate you to save everyone elses lives.
>>
Put him down. Loved him but he's crazy
>>
>>333664108
I went against him a bunch of times in season 1 like saving lily's dad and he was still at my side

not my fault you're retarded
>>
>>333663984
>>333663987
Impressive
>>
>>333663984
>>333663987
Kennyfags are always good for a laff
>>
>>333663984
No it was due to how he handled those ideas he had. Running blindly to the north during winter wasn't a good idea and stupid to anyone with half a brain but because the Devs loved Kenny so fucking much it had to be the right choice.
He was only right about the boat. But common sense and logic dictated a waterside town would have a fucking boat.
>>
>>333664108
Fuck off, I did things he didn't agree with and he was always at my side regardless.
>>
>>333664313
Jane's idea to go back to a place overrun with Walkers was no smarter. There were hundreds of them when they left, they had no idea how many would still be remaining there. Yet if you go back then the place is cleared and has not been ransacked by the leftover survivors.
Clem surviving on her own is just as risky and dumb yet it all works.
>>
I wish Luke didnt die. Luke vs Kenny in the end would have been so much cooler and I know for a fact kenny fags would cease to be a thing. Instead we get some generic girl that had no relevance to the plot at all for 90% of the time be the focal point of the ending.
>>
>>333661492
nah.
>>
>>333664601
I do think the Luke choice would make it harder for some, but man I would still probably stick with my choice. Ride or Die, Boatmaster for life bruh
>>
>>333664538
>always Jane and Kennyfags. Never anything else.
News flash. You can have both die and get a third ending. Jane was a cunt too and I would rather clem die then deal with the fact that she owes her life to fucking moron that caused the lives of countless other people.
>>
>>333664601
Dont you remember it was supposed to be Kenny and Luke? After the people saw Jane they basically demanded her back so Telltale had to rework the story into Kenny Vs. Jane.
>>
>>333664952
No man I tuned those threads out for months then played it all at once, hence I thought season 2 was pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>333664897
I can respect that, I did like Kenny season 1, and was considering backing him all season 2, but as it progressed he became really insufferable.
>>
Doesn't Kenny like literally tell you you made the right choice when you kill him? I vaguely remember this.
>>
>therevare people who think kenny wasnt right at least 90% of the time

How stupid are you? Almost any given decision he makes is given with appropriate logic. Even when he killed lily's father he makes sure to outline the situation at hand and he was right if you were thinking about either survival or clementine's well being. Stop shitting on kenny because ypu yourself made bad decisions, he was never directly responsible for anyone dying.
>>
>>333662976
Or you'd let him live after putting Clem in the walled camp.

The guy had any semblance of family ripped from him twice, and Jane was gonna do it a third time.

Better to let him die knowing he'd finally succeeded in protecting someone.
>>
>>333664941
> rather clem die
Ouch anon, it's a shame you feel that way. I'm not really trying to claim any of the endings are the 'right' one, but I can at least say in the endings with Kenny that you both seem pretty happy. Tired and hungry sure, but they both seem to be in good spirits and to me that's what matters. In her alone ending she just seems so emotionless, I would rather her die with some semblance of family/joy rather then struggling alone.

>>333665305
I can understand why people feel that way. People are going to have their preferences and tolerance thresholds, so I can see it being difficult to like certain characters like him.

>>333665494
He also tells you that he is scared of dying while he is laying on the ground. If anything he probably told you that so you wouldn't feel guilty about his death like you can feel about Lee's.
>>
>>333665494
Read between the lines, its literally not ok, he's just telling you that so you wouldnt feel bad and move on. Its pretty clear you fucked up
>>
>>333665494
I believe he says that in more of a defeated, "everything I try to protect either dies or turn against me" sort of tone. To see his would-be ward turning against him and threatening to shoot him in the face just saps whatever strength he has left and he just wants to be done with it.
>>
>>333662976
>This dude really loves that baby
>I know, let's hide the baby in the snow and pretend I killed him haha :D
>Best prank ever, he'll surely laugh :)
>>
>>>/tv/
Please post only actual games to /v/.
>>
only true ending:

going to wellington and leaving with kenny

kenny is life, he is lee's friend and the only one who actually cared for clem. jane was just a manipulative psycho.
>>
>>333664343
>>333664147

This is like in Witcher 3 when you go out of your way to be a greater emotional bitch to Yenn, autists get mad that she gets even bitchier at you.

You should be able to recognise a parent going fucking crazy over their kids and let it blow past you + not let your buttons get pushed.
>>
>>333666092
While I did this, I know some people didn't have this playthrough. I just hate this mindless
'rapid dog needed put down' posting.
>>
>>333661492
you didn't spoiler tag...
>>
>>333666212
They act like he wouldn't have done the exact same thing if Jane was somehow able to pull the same stunt with Clem. If she had come up to him at the rest stop and lied about Clem being dead and that it was a vague 'accident', he would have been just as livid. Would people still be arguing that he was over the line then?

>>333666503
Game has been out for a while now.
>>
Watch Kenny kill Jane and then kill Kenny after ;-)
>>
>>333666756
This is why I never trust people who use emojis with noses.
>>
We are all in Agreement Luke should have been Clem's new dad/Big Brother, right? They did him dirty.
>>
>>333667036
Or at least an option. All that set up to be Kenny vs Luke, only to have it sink to the bottom of the lake. They did a lot of characters dirty though, especially Nick.
>>
File: 1449049395931.gif (960 KB, 477x238) Image search: [Google]
1449049395931.gif
960 KB, 477x238
Can we all agree that the crippled Rusky was the worst?
>>
>>333666092
Nah, staying at Wellington was the only way to give Kenny a win. Something he could accept that he'd actually accomplished in the zombie shitlands.
>>
>>333667818
Really exposed their poor writing, that russian bullshit was so fucking rushed.

Also who is she saying is cool in that gif? The baby?
>>
>>333661492
Of course not. I let him die and then left Jane out in the cold. Both of them were fucked. Also, god damn Season 2 sucked. Fuckin' Christ. Why couldn't we just grease that piece of shit Ruskie? It was the only time in the series I ever agreed with Kenny, and it didn't matter.
>>
>>333666092
This, Kenny finally accomplished his goal of bringing Clem and the baby to safety and now has a huge weight lifted off of his shoulders. It's better for him to leave content rather than just going with him and where he has to constantly worry about you and the baby
>>
File: 1449890724867.png (547 KB, 374x667) Image search: [Google]
1449890724867.png
547 KB, 374x667
>>333667818
>everything about that fucking chapter
>>
>>333668114
Yeah, it's AJ. To be fair he is literally the only one to never hurt Clem on purpose/accidentally.

>>333668091 >>333668285
I would have felt terrible leaving him alone. It's probably a more selfish answer, but to me it was between choosing absolute safety and family. And call me dumb or a pussy, but I gotta choose family, man.
>>
>>333668346
>no option to tag team with Kenny and take turns beating the shit out of Arvo
I don't know why literally everyone else in the group took the damn cripple's side, no hesitation.
>>
>>333663464
If everyone listened to Kenny no one would have died
>>
>>333668847
>Clem could have been much happier if she found the ski lodge first instead of the cabin ;_;
>>
>>333668528
>gets held at gunpoint for precaution reasons
>doesn't have anything stolen from him
>rats out group for no fucking reason and fucks everything up
>group defends him
Seriously fuck Arvo
>>
>>333670710
I know the writers were trying to rush in a way for us to try and hate Kenny, but that only made me support him even further.
Fuck. Arvo. And fuck Bonnie and Mike for taking his side.
>>
>>333670950
what was arvo even doing when yuo first encounter him? stufing a bag into a bin or something?
>>
>>333671007
It is a little vague, but most people assume that he was attempting to hide the drugs from his group. Most of what was in there could be used for recreational use, especially since there's an option for Bonnie to instantly recognize one of the bottles you can give Beccas as Oxy. His sister didn't need medicine when you see her later, so it's safe to assume he was saving them either for himself for junkie reasons or to have his own secret stash pile.
>>
>>333663362
I wish I could have shot Jane and that little bitch Arvo too.
>>
File: 1402031471962.jpg (584 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1402031471962.jpg
584 KB, 3840x2160
>>333663362
>Get the leave with Kenny ending
>later check online to see the other endings
>Those Jane endings
>>
>>333672827
When I first played the leaving with Kenny endings were a really low percentage. What are the stats like now?
>>
File: Donald_was_an_hero.jpg (59 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Donald_was_an_hero.jpg
59 KB, 750x600
>Kenny kills Jane
>He asks with tears in his eyes for peace
>I give him peace
>>
>>333671515
Oh yea that reminds me I made sure to kill Bonnie for taking Arvo's side later too.
>>
File: 1437410544587.png (121 KB, 281x385) Image search: [Google]
1437410544587.png
121 KB, 281x385
>tfw accidentally shot hit him in the heat of the moment
>tfw thinking I'm releasing him from all the suffering he endured

And the baby was still alive. Fuck that pedo dyke from making me kill Kenny. I've never regretted any choice in a video game as much as that.
>>
Kenny fucked up at every turn, but he did one thing right; tried to make up for his blunders. Every time he failed, he had a good look at himself, and worked his way back up from the sobbing mess he becomes.

Jane endangers a child. A fucking newborn, at that. Kenny had seen enough shit that caused him to lose it in the past, and knew damn well that Jane was trouble. When Jane puts the baby in a glorified refrigerator to prove a "point", I knew right then and there that she was a fucking stupid character, and Kenny was right. Kenny's ending further made the decision feel right; dude throws away everything to let you and the baby live. He willingly gives up his chance of survival, just so you and the baby could have a chance. I said no, and we went on a badass travel to the woods after..

Kenny fucked up, but he learned in the end. Jane fucked up, and continued to fuck up to the end. Knowing that, I was glad to choose Kenny over Jane in the fight. The choice was hilariously one-sided when you know the facts.
>>
>>333673678
As long as you can admit your mistake, anon. Did you go back and replay or stick with your choice?
>>
>>333674084
>We'll never have an easy-going episode of just surviving in the wild with your bro
Feels bad man, I just want one fishing scene with him before they kill him for good in S3 ;_;
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.