[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>check steam's best selling at any given moment >this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: ARK-Survival-Evolved.jpg (175 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
ARK-Survival-Evolved.jpg
175 KB, 620x350
>check steam's best selling at any given moment
>this piece of shit is always on the list
Why?
>>
>>333660232
>le unoptimized meme

I didn't realize we were back in June 2015.
>>
I honestly can't get into the game. Gave it a genuine try but I just couldn't get into it.
>>
>tfw my gf has put 150 hours into that shitty game on my account and wants me to buy it for her so I can play on her account with her, then gets butthurt when I say I bought it on a whim because of dinosaurs and that I find the game to be quite boring

It is funny seeing all the free shit she gets for being a girl though, neckbeards constantly dumping shit on her in droves
>>
>>333660648
>unoptimized
The fuck are you on about, where did I even mention that? Game's shit, plain and simple
>>
File: 1422912524865.png (186 KB, 1088x687) Image search: [Google]
1422912524865.png
186 KB, 1088x687
>>333660919
>>
>>333660919

Entitled to your opinion, but out of all of the survival games, this one is arguably the best.
>>
>>333660919
Because the first argument people always use when they call it shit is "m-muh optimization." When it's had multiple updates addressing this.

Also, have you even tried it? I've put in 480 hours and I would say it's actually pretty fun. It's one of the best survival games out there right now. Better than stale shit like Minecraft or other EA survival games where the devs got lazy and basically took money for dhit quality games that have died into a permanent coma.
>>
>>333661456
To each their own I guess, if it's selling as well as steam claims, it's probably because people likes it

I just couldn't get into it. Bought it, tried it, refunded it, then a friend gifted it back to me. We played together for a few days and just couldn't settle in it. Felt like we spent more time looking for food and constantly starving off than accomplishing anything
>>
>>333661681
Did you have a private server or were you playing public? The public servers are notoriously shit and you'll have more fun on private.
>>
>>333660232
Because it's one of the best selling games.
>>
>>333661456
Optimization is still shit, game is good if you're an autistic 14yo.
>>
>>333662031
Public, vanilla ones. Are the default rates so shit that everyone actually alters them? Because food consumption felt so fucking harsh it was unreal

This was also during last christmas event and there was snow anywhere, so the constant freezing to death didn't help much either
>but just make fur clothes and you'll be fine!
Do these motherfuckers think no new players are joining the game?
>>
>>333660232
It doesn't take refund into account. I had the game at one point, everyone had prolly. But I guess most people go for a refund when they realize they have to read a 30 page tutorial on how to tweak this game to play it at 40 fps.
>>
Is there a "Shut the fuck up" option yet for your character besides muting the game?
>>
>>333662326
Yes, public servers are shit. Private ones are better. I believe you can even host your own full internet-access servers. Either way, it's better to find a good private, the public ones are just too ridiculously unbalanced in their rates and especially with PvP servers.

>>333662204
Again, have you played since June 2015, or are you just spouting memes like a kid?
>>
>>333660232
devs give constant updates, listen to the community and the game has full mod support

thats all it takes
>>
>>333661456
>took money for shit quality games that have died into a permanent coma.
you just described ark, beta-hell in it's purest form, just "dude, content lmao"

>tame big ass tyrannosaurus
>it can only bite and carry shit

>fly around in x
>it's just a glorified helicopter

>lots of different stats
>only one/two are worth raising
>>
File: Ark Survival Evolved.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Ark Survival Evolved.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.