[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, hear me out. Is the 'prepare to die' marketing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1459872532078.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1459872532078.png
159 KB, 289x289
Guys, hear me out.

Is the 'prepare to die' marketing such a bad thing?
It brought a bunch of casuals, sure, but worst case scenario they're just more people that suck so bad you'll be completely destroying them in any PVP situation. It doesn't really affect the game itself.
Of course there's the pandering, but it's way overblown, it also doesn't affect the game itself much.
The Souls series is one of the few that didn't have to compromise the core aspects for a wider market because of its 'hard' reputation.
Why are you mad that more people play the games?
>>
>>333654248
becuase it makes people think the game is hard and make them think they are super hardcore for beating it
in reality its not really that hard just unforgiving
>>
who are you yelling at?
>>
>>333654447
It's a videogame bud. No boss, no trophy or achievement, no K/D ratio will ever make you super hardcore.

I love games, but they're toys for our entertainment and every single one will be totally irrelevant in time.
>>
>>333654447
Yeah yeah you're super elite.
>>
Why do people like to pretend the "prepare to die" marketing was just made up out of the blue by Namco?

It all comes from the Demon's Souls fanbase, the self-proclaimed "real fans", who wouldn't shut up about how it was a "real" game for "hardcore" gamers only.
>>
>>333654639
the person you are quoting has his self-worth linked to how well he performs in games, sadly.

so to him, people he views as undeserving being brought to things he likes is actually threatening to the identity he has created for himself.
>>
>>333654447
And? How does that affect the game itself?
>>
>>333654808
But that's wrong. Why are you making shit up?
>>
>>333654248
The campaign was a genius idea. If it wasn't for the great marketing Dark Souls would just have been a weird Japanese game that no normalfags ever heard about.
>>
>>333655280
It doesn't, he just wants to feel special about his gamur cred
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.