[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy game >not good at fighters but told its noob friendly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: sfv_beta_restart.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sfv_beta_restart.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
>buy game
>not good at fighters but told its noob friendly and skill matchmaking is included
>Rookie matches
>everyone is a a master that can combo me across the stage flawlessly chaining combos into ultimates

What gives? Do people make new accounts to fuck wit new players or is even the skill floor THAT fucking high
>>
it's possible that you might be fighting people who have had the game for a long time but are only just now going online.
>>
>>333653592
But all the combos are super easy to do.
>>
play the game to learn not win, the more you learn the more you'll win
>>
Classic /v/, trash at fighting games lol
Y'all say you hate because of niggers but yall just tryna cover up that your bad and scared bruh
>>
>>333653886
No dude, i admit im bad, i just assumed in rookie lobbies i would be facing other rookies
>>
>>333653592
Are you the guy who only crouch blocked that I just perfected by doing collar bone breaker over and over and over again?
>>
>>333653592
should've gotten MKXL

>more roster variety
>more sp content
>netcode got revamped to the point it's actually viable to fight online now
>dial a combos
if you don't know what above is, let me know and I will explain to you
>not so elitist community
>>
>>333653802
and thus people at low levels just mash them out. They seriously will just jump at you or spam a projectile and run in an attempt to win. OP can do fine if he gets over losing and does what >>333653847 says. Practice a punish for a big whiff and then just practice learning against the trashy people.

If you really want to get better though, you need to pick up a teacher to guide you (or make a real effort to learn). The skill floor is lower than it initially seems. Those people comboing you can't do much more than that combo.

I do agree that the mashing out is annoying.
>>
>>333653592
You need to put more effort into it.

Of course most might have gotten a headstart over you because they might have played the beta testing periods.

Why did you buy SFV to start with?
>>
>>333654059
To add onto this, work on blocking and learn a decent punish combo so that you can blow up mashers. Stick with it and try to understand what's giving you problems.
>>
>>333653592

learn your fundamentals and especially how to block. Alot of low ranks go all out in offense and make a shit ton of mistakes. Just block and punish their shit.
>>
>>333654009

by far one of the saltiest communities. The amount of RQ's and teabagging off of narrow wins is actually kind of annoying.
>>
>>333654410
plus ragequitting is not punished and there is no stats tracker
>>
What do you accomplish by coming and posting here? Practice and git gud. Literally no one is good at fighting games at the start unless you're some super savant.
>>
>colors locked behind survival
okay ... I'll just do them
>you have to play survival AGAIN to unlock the costumes you purchased through shop
really now capcom? fine fine whatever
>normal round 26, disconnected from server
no. FUCK YOU CAPCOM. REALLY?
>>
>>333653947
Fuck no, remember the game is 90% similar to the last game, so they are going in, near pro status right off the bat. You're in for a bad time. no fundamentals are going to save you from it.
>>
>>333654791
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D
>>
Try playing any other fighting game besides Street Fighter to get a tutorial that actually teaches you how to play fighting games
>>
>>333655152
the grip with street fighter is that it is not a well sold title, the casuals are scarce therefore if you have never played a sf title before you'll get your ass handed to you a bunch until you actually learn something
>>
>>333653947
Play casual
>>
>>333653592
Some people only fight on lobbies and rarely use ranked matches for anything, so a lot of good players are still rookies, i've found some of them myself.
>>
>>333654791
If you are on PC, just look up the trainer. Seriously, fuck grinding that shit. It's boring as sin.
>>
>>333655618
once you reach gold ranking you're surrounded by rqing faggots
>>
>>333655842
Oh boy is it fun being in silver and anytime i beat a gold+ im wondering when the RQ is coming. My favorite is losing rematching then winning game 2 and getting 40002. They're happy to take my fucking points but heavens forbid i get a read and win a game.
>>
>>333653847
>>333654059

Why am I linked to the second post when the second post wasn't responding to the first post? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
Anyone have a save for the pirated version with all the stuff unlocked? I'd really like to buy the game, but I can't justify it until all the broken stuff is fixed and the other half of the game is added. All I really use it for is local vs right now.
>>
>>333654059
>and thus people at low levels just mash them out.
How the fuck do you mash out a combo into a super with links and shit? Does that word mean something else for you people because to me it means you can hit your fucking face and let the buttons randomly do something for you.
>>
>>333655837
The thing is, I have no problem going through it with Rashid. I can probably one-shot it, but disconnecting from the server like that is the most infuriating shit. At least I have smokeeyy rashid, that's at least okay.

>>333653592
OP, it's a new game, and it's going to be new for a few months. Everyone, newb or pro, is at rank 0, so ranked is like a gauntlet of people trying to get to their "desired" rank.
Ranked will probably be more stable after EVO
>>
>>333657245
It goes from mouthbreathingly easy to almost luck based. There's a video showing they can react to movies within something like 2 frames on levels of hard/hell. Why suffer through it more than once?

>>333656873
You've never seen someone mash out DP in hopes a person drops a combo? In this case, you can spam the button for your next link/super and shit will come out because there is zero penalty for poor input timing. A lot of the people at low levels will do shit like randomly super after a stray hit because yes, they are literally mashing out motions and attacks to try to get a link/target combo out. Go watch a low level replay and turn inputs on.
>>
>>333653592
I'll admit I'm guilty of making new accounts sometimes to fuck with people
>>
>>333657594
>you can spam the button for your next link
What the fuck? If you press the button too early the move doesn't even come out and it eats your input.
>>
File: Green lex luthor.png (213 KB, 321x306) Image search: [Google]
Green lex luthor.png
213 KB, 321x306
>tfw trying to learn bison
Anyone got any tips? He seems so lack luster our side of V trigger that it's pathetic inb4
>Bison is S tier
Then they the fuck has no one done anything worth while with him?
>>
>>333656124
How come streamers i watch never seems to get any ragequitters?
>>
>>333655842
And this is why ultimately you don't give a shit about points and care more about having good/fun fights.
>>
>>333653592
Before you hop back into online, spend a half hour just getting down some basics.
You'll want to find a good move that you can use to cancel into specials, but also combos easily.

I play Bison, so for me this is cr.mp.
so all of my combos end with cr.mp xx Special (useally psycho inferno because better damage other than ex scissors) and then if i have meter and don't need it, xx CA after the special.

So here's a few combos i use every game and i'll highlight the cr.mp

j.HP s.mp [CR.MP xx Inferno]
j.mk s.mp [CR.MP xx inferno]
s.hk(crush counter) 3hp [CR.MP xx inferno]
3.hp(rush counter) s.hk Trigger s.hk [CR.MP xx inferno]

So there's 4 combos, but i'm only doing 1 link each time, into cr.mp. Little bit of poractice and this all becomes muscle memory.

Other than this you want to learn:
Longest range button
Jab range
Cross-up button
Reversal (Special that normally has inv frames and can be used on wakeup. e.g. Shoryuken)
Crush Counter

Your long range button is your neutral tool, for bison this is st.mk, it's long range and can help you get in for a combo, or punish somone trying to poke you back.
Jab range is important for knowing when you can get in cheap finishing taps, and for poking people trying to get a slower throw.
Crossups and crush counters are kinda obvious for damage.
and a reversal is your "Get off me" button for when somone dosen't respect you enough.

Somone better can probably write this better as i'm drunk and it's 1AM.
Good luck OP
>>
>>333658660
Hey, is there a way of knowing where the fuck you are going with that weird ass moving mid air jump? It's confusing as FUCK
>>
>>333658004
And then you press again and it doesn't. You get 3 frames and you can mash quicker than 3 frames, can't you? Go try it right now. It's a terrible habit and everything, but you can totally do it.
>>
>>333653592
>or is even the skill floor THAT fucking high

yeah you have to play hundreds of games and learn the combos and how to play or you'll get rekt

if even one gimmick works against you the opponent will just spam it over and over and wreck your shit
>>
>>333658057

Because they'd be exposed on stream and reported probs
>>
Why complain and not just get fucking good? It's not like it's a card game and they have access to shit you don't.
>>
File: yes.gif (1021 KB, 288x162) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
1021 KB, 288x162
>>333658780
I have no fucking clue with the headstomp, i just hope it goes where i want, and if it whiffs i mash throw.
For devils reverse (Headstomp + Punch) you have a fuckton of control and it always crosses up in v-trigger
>>
>>333658809
It takes very basic skills to be able to win a few. Low level to medium level players aren't tough to surpass in skill as long as you are playing to learn. Definitely not in hundreds. I'm shit at fightan at tournament level, but I know how to learn. It's easy to at least get to super bronze/silver even if this is your first game.

You are 100% correct about the gimmicks, though. That's why playing to learn is so important. Always rematch, win or lose, unless that game was unplayable due to the connection. People adapt. Get blown out by the same gimmicks again until you can beat it.
>>
>>333658796
I must admit I never even attempted such a thing. I'll try tomorrow. But I always got the impression that if you press it too early then it eats your inputs, plural. Aka it eats your other inputs if you are mashing the fuck out of that button.
>>
>>333659358
It does not. It didn't in 4 either, which is why plinking worked. Just good luck trying to mash out a 1 frame link because... 1 fucking frame.
>>
>I'll just get the game later when it's released!
90% of you are going to end up like OP

also OP, before you do lobbies you should learn to beat up CPUs in training mode first
at memorize your combos vs CPUs and THEN go into lobbies, that's what the rookies beating you did
>>
>>333658923
Head stomp range and devil reverse arc depends what version you do it with light strong or firece
>>
Someone teach me how to dhalsim
>>
>SF5

wait for SSF5 retards

>implying it won't happen
>>
>>333653592

You do need to study a bit before going head on with other players. There are a lot of technical details in fighting games, but you don't need to learn them all to get started (a lot of them will come "naturally").

Learn some bread and butter combos with your favourite character and practice practice. Make sure you can land your combos. The more combos you learn the faster it will be to memorize and learn other combos. Eventually you don't really "think" in combos, rather you do what the situation calls for.

The matchmaking is really wonky though. From what I've learned it's strictly league based rather than point based when calculating win/loss.
>>
>>333653592
Ranked is bollocks right now. Most of the population is in bronze and anyone who fights their way out just become rage quitters keeping all of the other bronzes down. Go play some battle lounges with actual rookie's and you both can get better together.
>>
File: 94_6.jpg (14 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
94_6.jpg
14 KB, 320x238
>playing Hard Survival with casual fight request on
>accept an online match
>get matched up with a Gold Mika (I'm a Gold Ryu)
>oh boy here we go
>first round starts with me losing 2/3 of my life and stunned due to Mika shenanigans while she still has full health
>finally get a hit on the Mika
>Mika loses all momentum, stun her, and win the round
>win the match and the runback fairly easily
>>
________________________________________________________________________GIT GUD_________________________________
>>
>Laura to Necalli
>"You wanna devour me? Maybe if you can beat me next time!"

Did she want that Necalli dick?
>>
>>333659982
see >>333659607

if the game doesn't have anything in it to hold your attention now, it never will. Even if you're that fag holding out for Juri or Urien or whatever, if you cannot find SOMEBODY to play among the starting roster then you just aren't gonna like this game.
>>
>>333658004
if you're FAR too early, yes. like, you can't just mash as fast as possible and get the whole combo like MK. But pressing it too early doesn't mean you can't press it again at the right time, which is why mashing DOES work.
>>
>>333660628

She wants errybodys dick, anon.
>>
>>333660628
She wants her pussy and/or ass eaten
>>
>>333661045
Hey, think on the bright side. When people watch your matches on replay and they have input display on, they'll know you are not a mashing braindead retard.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.