[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else have zero difficulty using the motion controls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: zelda-the-skyward-sword.jpg (145 KB, 614x338) Image search: [Google]
zelda-the-skyward-sword.jpg
145 KB, 614x338
Did anyone else have zero difficulty using the motion controls for Skyward Sword?
>>
Yes. I found the flying controls to be literal garbage. Everything else was okay though.
>>
>>333648967
not at all, never had any problems
>>
>>333648967
Well not zero difficulty, but people that talk about it being outright broken or doing random moves with no input are having some kind of hardware issue.

>>333649581
It was just the flapping. Flapping should have been A and the boost could have been a motion thing.

I think the issue a lot of people have, and even Shiggy there, is that they use the kind of motion they'd actually use in real life to do things. The game works more on wrist flicks, nearly all arm motion you might use is a waste.
>>
>>333648967
Motion controls were ok but stabbing was a fucking pain. Also Wiimote easily lost calibration and had to be re-calibrated every 5 minutes or so, or whenever pointer use would be necessary.

I remember having to go to the menu and re-calibrate before hitting the scorpion boss every time in between hits.
>>
>>333651546
Sounds like you were fucking up.
>>
>>333648967
sword was fine, swimming was great actually, only "problem" was that instead of using the IR pointer, it relied on the tilt of the wiimote for the basic aiming tools. I've always found that awkward and less precise.
>>
>>333653009
>was that instead of using the IR pointer, it relied on the tilt of the wiimote for the basic aiming tools. I've always found that awkward and less precise.
If it 'sees' the sensor bar it still uses it to aim. You can see it snap the sword to the correct 1:1 carrying position if it gets messed up.

The sword tutorial guy tells you that doing top to bottom swings recalibrates the swinging, that's part using the motion sensors and part picking up on the orientation of the two sensor bar emitters.
>>
Motion controls were fine, that wasn't one of Skyward Sword's problems. Well, it was the indirect cause of many of its problems.
>>
File: 1371315360669.png (473 KB, 1310x502) Image search: [Google]
1371315360669.png
473 KB, 1310x502
>>333648967
i thought the game itself was shit, but i really enjoyed swingin the sword
>>
I had trouble with swimming, but other than that it worked alright
>>
>>333655275
That's one of the worst images I've ever seen.
You need to have serious cognitive dissonance to rate the first four so highly and the exactly the same only to call SS shit at the end.
>>
>>333655468
SS is the only bad one.
>>
>>333655468
I agree with that anon, though. Skyward Sword just had shitty dungeons and "overworlds" and the lack of towns and npcs made the world feel really empty and dead
>>
>>333655468
SS highlighted how incredible the original tetralogy really is and the differences between the 4 in terms of quality are minimal.
>>
>>333648967
Never had an issue with swordplay. Took a bit to get used to the bow because I was used to IR aiming.
>>
I had issues with stabbing and swimming but other than that they worked really well for me.
I got really into fighting the final boss in a way that I doubt I'd have done with normal controls, probably one of the most enjoyable fights I've had in a game. Plus I didn't cotton onto the lightning strike thing so I beat him without it.
I wouldn't want it to come back in future Zelda games though, it was a nice experiment but that's all.
>>
I only had to calibrate a few times, but that was overall inconsequential. I legit think the game is the best Zelda. The longish tutorial and tadtones stuff withstanding, I really enjoyed this game better than Ocarina which has been my reference for the 3D Zeldas ever since it came out. I love this game.
>>
>>333655686
>>333655635
>>333655591
Giving OoT, TP, and WW all the same exact rating is insane itself. SS is way better than WW and maybe TP too but that's a harder case to make.

WW is shit, it has cut dungeons and bullshit sailing. It has worse combat than TP or SS. TP is miles ahead of it in dungeon quality, that alone should mean TP can't be the same ranking as WW. SS's dungeons were either average or great with the only except being a shitty 2nd dungeon. SS has the best final 'recap' dungeon type thing, especially compared to TP's Hyrule Castle.

The wolf sections in TP are annoying but nothing compares to that tedious triforce chart shit. And SS does the wolf sections again but makes them actually enjoyable. The Sky is better than a tedious ocean or empty Hyrule Field. You can say the overworld sucks, but relative to TP or WW it's a dream. WW is sailing and almost nothing on the islands themselves prefacing the dungeons. SS gets called linear but the land sections are much less linear in design than TP or WW. The woods and mountain have paths, but you get a good use of 3D space to play around in. In TP and WW the area before dungeons is a single line, across a tiny island in WW or often in a straight canyon in TP.

WW has its towns and that's totally a fair point to make over SS. TP however shows exactly how useless towns for towns' sake can be. The Zora were decoration, not a useful town with anything in it. The Gorons had a spring. Are either of those so different from SS's species just living in an area? Kakariko is a bomb shop, that's all it is. Regional pricing was annoying when there was no other reason to be in those areas except to buy shit in TP. SS cut the shit and just let all the shops be in a central place, like an improved TP Castle Town.
>>
>>333655468
Zelda fans aren't exactly bright. In every Zelda argument pretty much all flaws listed for why a game is shit apply to most of the games in the series but it's ok in one game because nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>333651546
>>333656114
The issue with stabbing is that you have to include the jerk back to make it register consistently and the game never says this. Maybe it isn't the intended way to do it, but it works a lot better that way.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.