[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People usually talks shit about nintendo's online but the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
File: psn.jpg (58 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
psn.jpg
58 KB, 1200x630
People usually talks shit about nintendo's online but the truth is that sony is not any better

>Have to play for a basic service that is to play online
>constant network crashes ever few days
>Sometimes slow as fuck downloads
>Account hacking in a regular basis

well?
>>
>>333646872

pay*
>>
>>333646872
yeah but it has an awesome party system and top notch free games
>>
Well what? Nobody likes it you fucking moron. You just have to get on with it.
>>
Only issue I have is slow downloads.
>>
Don't own a ps4 but I remember for the PS3 the fucking system updates times being insane.
>>
No one defends Sony's online, fampan. It's fucking garbage but it does what it's meant for better than Nintendo's so it doesn't get the kick to the face.
>>
>>333646872
>sony went the offline route

best comment ever
>>
>>333646872
Why do people don't think they should have to pay server costs?
It's not like you need to pay for PSN to use Netflix
>>
don't forget

>no refunds, the best you can get is your psn wallet refunded

This is some anti-consumer bullshit. I can't wait until sony dies.
>>
I'm still mad about paid online.
>>
So because one other company has a shitty x, it's okay for my company to have a shitty x?
>toddler logic
It's not like you ever see anyone praising Sony's shit online outside of GAF.
>>
>>333647023
>free
I wouldn't call them free, but sometimes they pull some nice games.
>>
Its a good thing the PS4 has no online games worth playing.
>>
File: 3544-ya-blew-it.jpg (12 KB, 245x318) Image search: [Google]
3544-ya-blew-it.jpg
12 KB, 245x318
>>333647231
>server costs
>most games don't have dedicated servers
>>
>>333646872
>nintendo still cant properly do friends lists correctly

like with the recent Miitomo app.
you have to either use twitter or facebook to add people.
You cant even use fucking Nintendo IDs to add people. fucking stupid.

>inb4 mobile shit
>>
>>333646872
>sony is not any better
It has a party system and most games have voice chat. Paying is all kinds of bullshit but it certainly isn't worse than Nintendo's retardation.
>>
>>333647023
>free games
Yeah, I sure do love paying for free games, mmm hmm, those are some brilliant free things I paid for.
>>
>>333647231

>Why do people don't think they should have to pay server costs?
Because they're not hosting a dedicated server system. At best they're hosting a matchmaking service comparable to Steam's.
>>
>>333647378
So it costs Sony nothing for people to play online on PS4?
>>
>being this delusional
>please insert this 300 key phrase to add anyone or do anything online
>>
>>333647519
the costs are negligible and aren't the reason they are charging people. If they were charging actual costs, it would be less than a dollar per month.
>>
>>333646872

People like to pretend they are paying for a quality infrastructure when they are just paying for some bonus features that can be supplemented through other methods with superior service. For free.
>>
>>333646872
>constant crashes
>constant hacks
The fuck you on?
>>
>>333646872
The only thing i hate about
Nintendo network is the DMR if you get your stuff stealed/lost then all you digital stuff is gone and psn has cross buy with your ps1 games
>>
>>333647648
Most of their service available on the PS4 is free on the PS3 and PS VITA.
>>
>>333646872
theyre both identical in everything bad but Playstation has to pay, on the other hand they get more discounts/better ui/"free" games
>>
>>333647689
PSN gets hacked like, every fucking year now.
>>
>>333646872
>trying to defend nintendo by draggin sony in

>only gives conclusion that all japanese companies are trashy and incompetent like nintendo and sony

well done tendofag
>>
>>333647741
>The only thing i hate about Nintendo network is the DMR if you get your stuff stealed/lost then all you digital stuff is gone
This isn't true though, my 3DS got stolen and I still retained all my digital shit when I got a new one, what I actually lost was all my physical shit since it was stolen.
>>
>>333647846
Are you one of those dipshits who thinks a dos is "hacking"?
>>
For all of the shit Nintendo (very deservedly) receives for how ass backwards they are with the internet, their service has always been pretty stable. Some outlying games have had pretty terrible latency and that's just how they were on the regular, but a lot of their stuff "just werksâ„¢" with the only serious drawback of Nintendo's network being a lack of features.

I've played fucking Wii games with better connectivity and stability than 360/PS3/PS4 games.
>>
>>333647939
Yeah, by dealing with customer service and then asking them to restore your account.
>>
>>333646872
I honestly don't remember the last outage that wasn't like an hour for updating in the middle of workday.

Still salty about the 2007 hacker outage, OP?

Time to move on.
>>
>>333647986
DDOS or hacking, it doesn't change the fact that PSN's security is basically just a sign saying "please don't steal from me".
>>
>>333648096
>If your shit is stolen everything is gone!
>No it's not
>Okay, but you had to ask someone
Fucking so what?
>>
>>333648142
What have people ever stolen again?
>>
>>333646872
the funny thing is

Nintendo's network has never gone down for anything besides maintenance
>>
>>333648539
You shouldn't have to ask permission to download stuff you've already bought, anon.
>>
>>333648539
Just having your password and email should be enough to get into your games, man.
>>
>>333648617
E-shop crashed on some big releases like FE Awakening.
But...well, you are right.
>>
>>333648651

And you shouldn't have to pay money to play something you already paid for(games, hardware, AND internet).
>>
>>333648617
Nobody has ever bothered to hack it because nintendo is for small children.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 500x500
>>333648651
>>333648804
While this is true, it's hardly the "your stuff gets stolen you're completely fucked" sort of situation that was originally implied.
>>
>>333648142
Pretty much fucking everything can get DDOS'd.
>>
>>333648617
Instead of that they had the PokeBank fiasco.
>>
I get it for free anyway since my friend's account is primary on my ps4 so I don't give a shit.
>>
>>333648894
>pay Sony for console
>pay devs for game
>pay internet co for bandwidth
>pay Sony again to access their network
What am I paying for twice?
>>
File: cancer.jpg (216 KB, 1021x1091) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
216 KB, 1021x1091
>LE 12 YEAR OLD TRIES TO RATIONALIZE ENDLESS SHITPOSTING WHILE SUPPORTING THE MOST CANCEROUS PLATFORM ON THE PLANET
>>
>>333649392

>pay Sony again to access their network
Here's where you're wrong m80, the games aren't using the network. It's all P2P. It's equivalent to paying a torrent site for hosting torrent files, when they're hot hosting the actual content of the torrent.
>>
>>333649392
>Paying Sony for peer-to-peer gaming
or
>Paying Sony to play on somebody else's servers

Neither of these seem okay.
>>
>>333649553
You're using their service to connect to another console, bruh.
>>
>>333649635

www.google.com

You are now using my service to connect to another website.
>>
>>333650173
Okay, how do I chat with people using Google? Your interface sucks. No wonder it's free.
>>
>>333650334
By using the many free, better quality alternatives instead of relying on some paid voice chat that is worse off than the aforementioned.
>>
>>333650334

Perhaps you'd prefer to use Steam instead? It's a free service with an online store, social features, and matchmaking services. It does everything PSN does with a fraction of the revenue.
>>
File: 1457929291150.jpg (146 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
1457929291150.jpg
146 KB, 780x585
>>333646872
>Third-worlder Nintenyearold starts a "wah Sony sucks harder than my shitty toy company" thread
>>
>>333646872
>network crashes
What? I've never seen this.
>slow downloads
That has nothing to do with psn. Call your ISP.
>account hacking
No more than any other service. Don't tie credit card information into it. You dumb shit. You shouldn't do that with any service.
>>
>>333650446
But I have a PlayStation.
>>333650560
I do use Steam. Their interface is also too cluttered.
>>
>>333650642

>That has nothing to do with psn. Call your ISP.
So why is it that XBL content downloads twice as quickly as PSN content?
>>
>>333646872
>talks shit about nintendo's online

What is there to talk shit about? I believe no one has any problems with the network
>>
>PS3 store
>slow as fuck
>if I look at pictures, my console locks up, every time

What the fuck. Why is their store so bad?
>>
>>333650810

It used to be a lot snappier.
At this point I just use my PC and shit autodownloads to my PS3.
>>
>>333650725
>But I have a PlayStation.
And?
>>
>>333650810
>Update PS4 a few days ago
>It's a Store update
>ohboyherewego.jpg
>Load up a game page
>Stuck on a black screen with the game's name and nothing more
>Try to back out
>Console locks up for a good two minutes before crashing back to the dashboard
Sony does it again!
>>
>>333648142
Nothing will protect your service from a DDOS attack. Xbox live has been hit just as often.

Also a DDOS attack doesn't take any user data.
>>
>>333651250
>my experiences are everybody's experiences
>>
>>333651316
This shouldn't be an experience anybody has to deal with ever.
>>
>>333650889
>It used to be a lot snappier.
I heard the OG store was shit, but the one that was available when I first got my PS3 in 2009 was great. It was built into the operating system and everything was intuitively laid out, no load times, comprehensive download history, and no fucking ads. The new one is the exact opposite even on PS4, the PS3 one is just worse because it can barely run the application. I don't get how anyone thought it was a good idea.

Even the search bar is retarded. Individual characters in a column instead of a QWERTY popup keyboard. What in the fuck, Sony?
>>
>>333651704
This rollercoaster has gone on for a long time. Every other time they update the store, it runs like complete shit. I thought since the PS4's OS wasn't such a slug like the PS3's it wouldn't ever be an issue, yet here we are again it seems.
>>
I love ps4 games but I don't like sony's recent decisions at all.
>>
>>333646872
Dont know a ps4 yet but based on my experience with ps3 psn when I buy a ps4 to play bloodborne it will most likely be offline, I'm not paying for their shit service just so I can get invaded twice during my one and only playthrough
>>
>>333648617
It took japan with pokemon bank bring nintendo's network to its knees.
>>
>>333651704
they threw away functionality for fashion. Just give it a plain blue background and stop with all this unnecessary shit.
>>
>>333651864
But you're okay with abandoning a console and early adapters, censorships and flaky localisation, a move towards mobile games, and making poor management decisions in general?
>>
>>333652118
>sony hack meme
So fucking played out.
>>
>>333652118
That's what I did. They gave me a 3 day free trial of ps+ and I used that time to get all the good runes from other people's chalice dungeon and that was all I needed.
>>
>>333652238
>abandoning a console and early adapters
Are you referring to the Wii U here? Because by the time a replacement rolls around the thing will have run its course.
>>
>>333652238
>early adapters

they only have themselves to blame, I'm still happily playing games on my ps3/360 and coupled with pc it will hold me well until the ps4 has a respectable game offering worth buying it for.

granted without them there'd be no games so I guess I have to thank them
>>
>>333652325
What?
>>333652331
Hope I can still get the trial desu. Either way it wont matter because I dont like souls games enough besides exploring the world once (fucking 10/10 worlds m8s) and by the time I get one there will be ni-oh and last guardian and a couple of games so I wont be salty over only having one game
>>
File: Ah'm not leaving this thread.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
Ah'm not leaving this thread.gif
2 MB, 360x270
People mad at Nintendo's way on how they handle online are oblivious as fuck on how lucky they are when you think about the fact that Nintendo's online is the only online system where you don't have to purchase a fucking console + pay for even MORE shit just to get fucking online access for your lousy games when you already spent a well kept handful of money for them.

I swear, if Nintendo ever decides to go pants-on-head retarded and make their online come with a fee, many people would be reminiscing of the good old days where online was once free.

Nigga, you better take full advantage of it, because at this rate and how the video game industry is going, it might not be for too long before Nintendo decides to go "screw it" and go Sony on us.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.