[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: header.jpg (79 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
79 KB, 460x215
What went right?
>>
Lots of things
For instance it was really less of a burden to complete it compared to DaS. Didn't have all those shitty trap gimmicks put to annoy more than improve the experience.
Also the boss were a lot funnier. Fume Knight was perfect
>>
60fps
Equipment variety
Build variety
A FUCKING RESPEC OPTION HOLY SHIT MORE GAMES NEED THIS
More and more challenging bosses
>>
>>333646716
More weapon and spell variety, graphics are better, pvp is pretty good if you can get past the whole SM clusterfuck.
>>
>>333647057
Oh and the DLCs were good.
>>
60 fps
Power stance
Rolling
Refining mechanic
DLCs
Respec
Weaponry and gear
>>
>More content and bosses
>Less Linear
>Petrified statues and fragrant branches
>HP loss on death
>Progressive rotting and hollowing depending on how many times you've died
>More invaders
>Pharos Lockstones
>Aiming Crossbows
>Pyromancy scaling
>Seed of the Tree of Giants
>NG+ has changes/adds
>Spell parry shields
>Vig/End/Vit
>ADP
>Rings with durability
>More ring slots
>More belt slots
>Cloth physics
>Estus upgrading and Estus Shards
>Lifegems
>Poison is actually dangerous
>Poise is balanced
>Equip load determines roll distance
>Wet/Tarred status
>Rat Bros
>Bellkeepers
>Every single part of the DLC ?
>Company of Champions
>Bonefist
>Puzzle Sword
>>
Changing/slightly altering the content in further New games was a very good idea. Hope it returns for DS3.
Weapon durability was much better than DS1, but was too fast to break. Definitely a lot more interesting than DS1 implementation.
Letting you start NG+ whenever you want to is nice, and not being forced was good.
>>
>>333646716
It was fun
>>
>>333646716
Everything except atmosphere, lore and level design for some areas.
>>
Fast climbing
Climb dropping
Using Soul stacks instead of one by one
Respec
Less NPCs near hostiles
>>
File: Ayy demao.png (40 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Ayy demao.png
40 KB, 256x256
>>333647638
>Bonefist

my nigga
>>
File: 1404460279621.png (7 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1404460279621.png
7 KB, 201x199
>>333646716
>a thread where there actually are a couple of senseful posts mentioning the positives of one of my favorite games that usually gets shit on for threads upon threads on row
I literally can't believe what I'm looking at right now.
>>
>>333647967
>Less NPCs near hostiles
you wot m8
>>
>>333648072
Dude
Dual wielding
Bonefists
>>
>much much easier to bro-op through it, connecting to a bro in DaS was hellish
>tricking fight club shitters into fighting over the lava in iron keep then dunking the faggots
>belfry Luna fights
>actual shieldbreak that punishes turtling instead of a kick that they can probably stamina through anyway
>way more bosses can be parried, parry mechanics refined in general
>dedicated jump button
>>
>>333648325
It's because all the wagekeks aren't here to take their frustrations out on an objectively good game.
>>
>>333648325
Well now that there's both DaS3 and Bloodborne for the shitposters and memelords to fuck with, DaS2 is finally getting a chance.
>>
File: Feeble Cursed One.jpg (49 KB, 519x390) Image search: [Google]
Feeble Cursed One.jpg
49 KB, 519x390
>>333648350
In DaS there are a lot of NPCs, merchants and smiths near hostile creatures that will follow you if you don't clear them out or they're in the same room. Less of that in DaS2, even less in SotFS with the pomf zombies in Straid's room being neutral.
>>
>>333648431
Most fun I've had in this game. I was getting my ass handed to me in the arena and i enjoyed every minute of it.
>>
>>333648575
It's nice to see a more positive thread, for sure. Maybe one day anons can enjoy all of the souls / BB games for what they are and won't be compelled to arbitrarily rank them and argue merely over said ranking. I have faith in you, /v/ !
>>
>>333648471
Forgot
>sliding down and sprinting up ladders
>using item stacks
>weapon degradation handled better
>hexes are fun af
>a respec method
>>
>>333649415
>weapon degradation handled better
Going to have to disagree with that one senpai, they either needed to fix the fps and how it affected durability, or just give all weapons a higher durability.
>>
>>333649689
Oh yeah forgot about the fps glitch. Scratch that one
>>
>>333649689
I honestly don't want to start consolewar shit but...

>Playing a Japanese console-centric game on PC
>Expecting a perfect experience
Just cheat in some repair powders and move on. That's what I did. I hear SotFS fixed it anyways. No point in whining about something that's been fixed in the definitive version.
>>
File: RRV.jpg (5 KB, 270x208) Image search: [Google]
RRV.jpg
5 KB, 270x208
>Someone at Fromsoft looked at this and decided that this was good enough to be a boss
>>
>>333649689
Yeah, I didn't like how some weapons were pretty much useless is PvE due to how fast they degrade. I feel like it was something that should've been addressed when they released SotFS.
>>
>>333646716
Nothing
>>
File: aZ8wwcR.png (2 MB, 1280x1494) Image search: [Google]
aZ8wwcR.png
2 MB, 1280x1494
>>333646716
Downgrade of the year + roll around combat. Epic win!
>>
how does this run on PS3? i've been getting by with dickwraithing on DaS1 but it would be nice to explore some uncharted waters
>>
>>333649869
Its not even that, playing it on a console pole weapons that are swung like halberds, some hammers, axes had ridiculously high degradation when you hit with the pole section
>>
File: Annoyed Obama.png (162 KB, 388x288) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Obama.png
162 KB, 388x288
I decided to finally play it a few days ago. After beating The Rotten i just got bored with it. That never happened to me during The first DS and Bloodbourne.
>>
>>333649689
yeah i really hate how that was patched out years ago you fucking dumb shit
>>
>>333648575
>wagekeks
Ok poorfag
>>
>>333650301
Pretty sure that's meant to be "technology". To encourage finesse.
>>
>>333650276
cinematic 24fps
>>
Literally everything to do with combat mechanics besides ADP.
>>
>>333649689
Yes, I much preferred any other souls game's approach toward weapon degradation compared to DaS2. It's not horrible, but it suffered due to multiple factors.
>>
>>333650309
im honestly getting a little burned out on the games a little bit. i love the games and all and plan on playing the shit out of DS3 on pc, but even bloodborne i got kinda burned out at rom and going back to demons and dark 1 i have trouble getting through a whole playthrough. currently finishing a ds2 playthrough but only because i finally got all the dlc, which i am loving.

but man, after 3 i look forward to having a couple years to take a break from the games.
>>
>>333648840
>with the pomf zombies in Straid's room being neutral.
I really liked that they made some of the enemies less aggressive because it would piss me off at some locations where I'd warp there and immediately get fucking in the ass by some chucklefuck two feet away from the bonfire.
>>
>>333648840
>>333650962
Yeah but getting to the crow lady smith is annoying as hell with the spiders and mages
>>
>>333651152
The mages literally cannot reach you if you're talking to Ornifex. The only risk is spiders which you can easily kill.
>>
>>333651293
The spiders are still annoying
>>
>>333647638
>ADP
maybe I'm retarded, is that adaptability? could you explain?
>>
>>333650084
>roll around combat

get ready for DS3
>>
Downgraded trash
>>
>>333650449
Stay mad, are you on your phone at work? As far as i can tell you're not allowed to be doing that for another hour or so.
>>
Is it worth playing before 3?

I like Demon's, Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne, but never bothered to buy 2 until a ridiculous sale a short while ago.
>>
>>333654158
dark souls 2 is the best combat-wise of the souls series, I can't speak for blood borne though. However, outside of combat mechanics it falls short.
>>
File: 8138380.jpg (2 MB, 1600x4908) Image search: [Google]
8138380.jpg
2 MB, 1600x4908
>>333646716
>What went right?
It's so underwhelming compared to the rest of the series that it can be completely skipped and ignored by newcomers, especially now that DaS3 is a thing.

It's the Drakengard2 of the Drakengard/Nier series.
It easily moves out of the way and is not an obligatory game to enjoy the rest of SoulsBorne.

It was also a good lesson on what not to do, so such mistakes won't be done for future games, at least now the worst and least experienced developers in FromSoft (the team that developed DaS2) know not to raise their ambitions too high as to avoid mess ups like this game.

There's nothing wrong in fucking up, as long as they learn from their mistakes. DaS2 was a good stepping stone for that
>>
>>333654158
No
>>
The PC version was better, the graphics were a marginal improvement, attacking and movement felt slightly more fluid... Err, there were more vistas? That's about it.
>>
File: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.jpg (15 KB, 180x269) Image search: [Google]
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.jpg
15 KB, 180x269
I only played the beginning and I think that its alright
>>
>>333656050
>The PC version was better
??? Isn't it on par with PS4's version?

or do you mean there PC port is better than DaS1's PC port?
>>
>>333654158
Yes
>>
>>333646716
Everything. It was a complete and thorough upgrade of 1 in every way.
>>
>>333656852
shut the fuck up, you know for a fact thats not true
>>
>>333656452
No it looks slightly better if it's Scholar of the First Sin and runs at 60 FPS on PC.
>>
>>333647638
>ADP is good
retarded stat that had to be leveled anyway in order to roll normally
>>
>>333657061
>SotFS runs 60fps on PC
Does it not on PS4?
It's literally DSII with slightly better textures, less color and more AO
>>
>>333657068
>i shouldn't have to invest levels in my defensive options
ADP was good. Too bad you weren't.
>>
It doesn't drop the ball after midgame, instead everything becomes better.
>>
>>333656950
lol, mad DaS fag, go play your unfinished game
>>
>>333646716
PvP is actually enjoyable. Players actually use a variety of weapons in PvP. No weapon choice is a hindrance if you've got skills. Katana-wielding rollfags just get destroyed in DS2.
>>
File: 7f9.gif (277 KB, 255x175) Image search: [Google]
7f9.gif
277 KB, 255x175
>>333656950
>This buttmade over an opinion
Nigga...
>>
>>333657265
>ad hominem
>>
>>333646716
DS3 comes out soon and we can all forget about the abomination that is DS2
>>
>>333654712
your post
>its bad because i like the other games
>its bad
>also its bad

how about making an actual argument
>>
>>333647638
Something about calling it ratbros just bothers me.
>>
>>333646716
Very little.
Option to respec
Lances
NG+ changes things
everything else was either a good change that they fucked up with something else (60fps but ruined weapon durability) or just stupid
>>
File: 1458357579739.png (1 MB, 1587x1600) Image search: [Google]
1458357579739.png
1 MB, 1587x1600
>>333646716
NOTHING
ITS AWFUL IN EVERY RESPECT AND IT ISNT EVEN FUCKING CANON
>>
>>333657492
It wasn't even that bad fampai
>>
>>333657471
That's not what an ad hominem is. Don't try to reference fallacies if you haven't taken the time to understand them.
>>
>>333657727
it is absolutely cannon you moron. the quickest point to prove it is that the 4 brides are all shards of manus. also all 4 of the great lord souls.

it just takes place in a different time in a different place, across the sea from lordran and shows how other nations dealt with the curse of the undead. mainly telling the story of how vendrick and his brother aldia were trying to find a way to break the curse, but were ignorant to the kiln of the first flame and using great souls to reignite the age of flame. there is also a nice story of vendrick realizing nashadra is a shard of manus and was trying to trick him into ensuring the age of dark continuing and how he sealed himself away.

the throne of want is NOT the kiln of the first flame
>>
>>333646716

Most of the things it did right were "quality of life" things.

>Ability to use multiple consumables (i.e. souls) at once
>Nicer inventory layout
>60 FPS
>respec
>upgrade system
>crossbow aiming
>spell parrying shields
>more ring slots
>cloth physics
>visible bar for keeping track of weapon durability

That's what I think it did right. Everything else, not so much.

>>333647895

If you don't mind slight spoilers about DaSIII NG+:

Corpses that contain consumable souls get upgraded in NG+.
>>
File: annalise-in-game.jpg (104 KB, 1465x824) Image search: [Google]
annalise-in-game.jpg
104 KB, 1465x824
>>333646716
It's so bad that it makes for a wonderful point of contrast to Bloodborne's perfection.
Darksouls2 is that pinch of salt you put on cake batter to make it taste even sweeter somehow.

The only reason it still gets attention is because most people who've played it haven't played the most recent clearly superior game. Years down the line I can imagine most Souls marathons completely skipping over Das2. jumping from DaS1 to DaS3 (the only good sequel) and ending with the highpoint of the whole series with Bloodborne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjzF3XWrDdA
>>
Level design was pretty tight in some areas (Viking Town, latter half of the game barring Iron Keep, DLC areas)
Combat was vastly improved, weapon moves highly varied
Graphics
Art design
Plot was good
Aldia's probably one of the most interesting lore characters in the Souls series
>>
>>333659995
Wow this makes the Ludwig fight sound epic.

Whenever I fought him I usually just trashed the shit out of him in like 20 seconds.
>>
>>333646716
Lost Bastille and Undead Purgatory, for the most part.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.