[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
could you make a game with guns only, but movement during combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: BYQkSHmCQAAGnTi.jpg (43 KB, 600x713) Image search: [Google]
BYQkSHmCQAAGnTi.jpg
43 KB, 600x713
could you make a game with guns only, but movement during combat in a similar style to Dark Souls?

e.g. shooting guns and dodging between attacks? or is that sort of play-style too wedded to melee for it to work?
>>
>>333634050
like dodging bullets? so you mean any game with bullettime?
>>
>>333634050
i-frames in any shooting game is fucking garbage. Learn the lesson of Halo Reach.
>>
>>333634050
SUPER HOT kind of has 'dodging' in it, but it feels more like a puzzle game than a shooter.
>>
File: gungrave-2.jpg (48 KB, 648x448) Image search: [Google]
gungrave-2.jpg
48 KB, 648x448
Isn't that how Gungrave plays? Game is practically on rails but I vaguely recall it being similar to that
>>
>>333634050
I suppose it would work in setting where you've still got a melee weapons, but can use guns as well.
Kinda like Bloodborne, expect that stuff like rifles etc. are two handed and you could offhand/dual wield things like pistols and uzis.
And there's be melee enemies with riot shields, batons etc.
>>
>>333634050
You'd need to make guns slower, almost more melee like. Stuff like automatic rifles would attack in bursts and render the target completely stationary for a second before firing and after firing, and most enemies would have semi automatic weapons or bolt actions that take a second to aim (like how attacks in Dark Souls take a second to charge). If you wanted to you could make a totally cuhrayzee game that involves quickly timing "parries" so you can do shit like shoot bullets out of the air so that they reflect back at the enemy for double damage.
>>
classic doom kind of?your expected to dodged enemy attacks and you very much can and you dont even need bulletime/slow down to do it!
>>
>>333634050
>e.g. shooting guns and dodging between attacks?

literally any classic FPS
>>
>>333634050

infantry online was a tps overhead shooter with bullets slow enough you could dodge them at medium range. Even had a mode where it cost energy to fire and getting hit decreased your energy. When it reached 0 you died.
>>
File: S4-League-Reset-Ball.jpg (354 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
S4-League-Reset-Ball.jpg
354 KB, 1920x1080
>>333634050
Yes you could. Kinda.
R.I.P. in peace
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.