[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rumor: New Legend of Zelda coming to Wii U and NX, has male and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: 1460136057515.jpg (120 KB, 800x1421) Image search: [Google]
1460136057515.jpg
120 KB, 800x1421
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/rumor-new-legend-zelda-coming-wii-u-nx-male-female-link-options
>>
File: the tale of op.png (132 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
the tale of op.png
132 KB, 600x600
>RUMOR

In other news my dad works at nintendo, my uncle at sony and my big sister at valve.
>>
Can people stop linking to clickbait cucknalism websites?
>>
>Rumor
>gematsu
I want shills to leave
>>
>>333627978
>Linking gematsu
>About gaming rumours

Kill yourfucking self
>>
THIS VIDEO CONFIRMS THAT ZELDA U WILL HAVE A PLAYABLE FEMALE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_RofJtTvHU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_RofJtTvHU

SHARE IT

SHARE IT
>>
>>333627978
Fucking dropped. Fucking fire that hack Aonuma already for selling out.
>>
File: redead.gif (198 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
redead.gif
198 KB, 200x200
>>333627978

>Play as female Link
>the humping redeads are back
>tumblr explodes with rape accusations
>>
>>333627978
Fuck Neo-Nintendo.
>>
File: 1459501744195.gif (148 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
1459501744195.gif
148 KB, 540x400
>>333627978
>twitter rumor

I guess if i say that peach is a futa on twitter retards will belive.
>>
>>333628763
season 2 when
>>
who is that cute girl op
>>
>>333629307
right after PSG and WataMote
>>
>>333627978
i want a qt elf gf....
>>
File: 04-suicide.jpg (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
04-suicide.jpg
31 KB, 600x450
>>333629639
time to end it all then, I guess
>>
>>333627978
Pick Female Link. Get Linkle
Pick Female Link. Get Zeldo the prince
>>
>>333629639
>right after PSG
It still hurts
>>
Wasn't Linkle a female Link already?
>>
>>333628146
upboated :D
>>
>>333628569
That's be pretty funny actually
>>
>>333628146
epic
>>
File: 1446676274180.jpg (21 KB, 163x177) Image search: [Google]
1446676274180.jpg
21 KB, 163x177
>>333629910
Her face
>>
>>333627978
>Twink Link in Zelda Wii U
>At start of game, goes full pokemon
>Has Enter Name
>Are you a boy or a girl?
>Makes no difference to anything else in the game. No change to character model, no change to character interactions, no different voice acting, just a choice for your own mind whether this twink is a boy or girl.
>>
>>333628569
YES! Give it to me now. The humping and Linkle's moans.
>>
>>333630313
For all in tents and porpoises, yes. I think canonically she's Link's "cousin?"
>>
>>333628763
>I guess if i say that peach is a futa on twitter retards will belive.

we already had that with Samus

its a real thing that happened
>>
>>333630629
Absolutely disgusting and I would hate it. Pokemon does it because you are merely an avatar. Link at least has some semblance of character and NPCs have more then one thing to say and actually interact with you in meaningful ways sometimes.

>>333630726
They are probably going to make her his sister for this game and it's going to be Link between Twins and there isn't a choice, you switch between them.

Come on people, Nintendo lives on Gimmicks.
>>
>>333629525
>>333629910
That's a boy
>>
>>333630987
I wouldn't be surprised, but I also kind of doubt it. They've done that multi-character shit before in Zelda and it's never done them any favors. I don't know if Four Swords and Triforce Heroes were failures, but they're not making anyone's Top 10 Zelda Games lists.

Link does have character and interaction with NPCs, but none of them are specific to his gender. They could totally go the Pokemon route, though a change in character model would be definite.

>>333630838

Wasn't that shit just someone on tumblr saying "Well, it's my headcanon, so leave me alone!"?
>>
>>333631717
>but none of them are specific to his gender

Yes they are. Ruto in OoT. Zelda in every game to a lesser extent, but especially Skyward Sword. Tons of minor interactions that wouldn't be the same if they couldn't just think "okay, Link is male, and this NPC will talk to him as one".

It's so retarded that this is even a conversation. Link was the main character for 30 years, you don't have to concede anything just because suddenly people want to add gender options in every game.
>>
>>333630987
>Link at least has some semblance of character and NPCs have more then one thing to say and actually interact with you in meaningful ways sometimes.

Link being a boy or a girl, doesn't matter for any of that, honestly.

Ruto flirts with you and wants to marry you?
Groose Bullies you?
Link is determined to save the princess?

Does being a boy or girl change that?

No.

The only thing the "choice" affects is how you view those situations in your mind. If the character model doesn't change (that's the joke here, it's already a twinky character model, could go either way) but nothing else does, who cares? Ruto still flirts with you, now she's a lesbian, Groose still bullies you, now he's tsuntsun or something, Link is still determined to defeat ganon.

All it would do, is piss off SJWs, because they can't complain about the fact that the boy/girl choice matters so little to the game that it can just be a single screen at the beginning of the game, and change nothing else and it wouldn't matter, it just makes them Transphobic if they complain.
>>
File: Zeldatimeline.png (985 KB, 1118x1168) Image search: [Google]
Zeldatimeline.png
985 KB, 1118x1168
How's that timeline looking?
>>
>>333632060
>All it would do, is piss off SJWs

No it wouldn't, it would give them exactly what they want. All those things you mention can't be the same without making some changes, and the idea of randomly changing a character's sexual orientation like in Dragon Age 2 is and always has been dumb.
>>
>>333631717
No, he tried backing it up with nonexistent facts and then changing the Wikipedia article about Samus.
>>
>>333631717
They weren't really failures, but not really good either. Though the reasons for that isn't really anything to do with multi characters, it's more to do with the need for multi player, or how hard it was to get those players.

FSA was more loved because of it's single player ability, but it was stage based, so that was another problem it has going for it.

If they made a Zelda that was essentially you with a companion you could switch to, you wouldn't have the same problem, though you might have people mad that the AI is kind of bad. Like waiting for Zelda to hit Ganondorf in WW.

>>333632060
>All it would do, is piss off SJWs

>I want laziness solely out of political reasons and spite

Please go. I hate this bullshit. I want good stories and I want choices to matter, even so far as character gender.
>>
>>333632385
Yeah they can, it's a reincarnation. This time the female zora character likes fish smelling pussy. Who cares? You literally wouldn't have to change a line of dialogue, and the game would become the most inclusive game of all time.
>>
>>333630313

she's retarded though so they don't like her
>>
>>333632427
Well, not really 'non-existant' more like mis interpreting what was said by one of the people that worked on the games. He was talking about how because Samus had Chozo DNA and wasn't fully human and was kind of like a trans person. He didn't mean as far as gender was concerned.

Wu saw trans and then jumped to conclusions.
>>
>>333632023
I'll concede Ruto, but even that can be gender neutral by having her just say "Promise you'll marry me!" instead of just "Promise you'll be my husband!" Hell, it's been awhile, I don't even remember if she says the word "husband." Even so, if they can swap out the name based on your initial input at the start of the game, they can do that for other words.

Never played SS, so I can't argue whether or not the interactions between Link and NPCs are specific to him being a guy.

I still think the majority of interactions Link has with villagers and royalty are all neutral to his gender. Nothing springs immediately to mind that says "They only said that because he's a boy and if he was a girl it wouldn't make any sense."

Link has been the main character, and can still be the main character. Link has always just been "the chosen one," the "reincarnation of the Hero," or something else along those lines. Being reincarnated into a boy or a girl doesn't change Link's character.
>>
>>333632695
The idea of this is stupid and it doesn't reflect reality and instead belittles the actual struggles that people face with regards to sexual orientation. Stop advocating laziness.

>>333632738
>retarded
More like
>WAH WE WANTED LINK AS A GIRL, NOT A DIFFERENT CHARACTER THAT JUST DRESSES LIKE HIM

In otherwords, they wanted Trans Link. I'm a girl now TEE HEE. They don't know what they want.
>>
>>333632695
>Yeah they can, it's a reincarnation.
Not every character in every game is reincarnated.

>This time the female zora character likes fish smelling pussy. Who cares?
People who are mentally stable.

>You literally wouldn't have to change a line of dialogue
You still would in plenty of other conversations.

>the game would become the most inclusive game of all time.
You're a fucking moron. Being "inclusive" is meaningless, randomly adding a female character model like in millinos of other games wouldn't make it anything of all-time, if anything it would take away from its uniqueness as a series since it would just become another bland D&D inspired RPG where your character is defined by sliders.

>>333632947
>I still think the majority of interactions Link has with villagers and royalty are all neutral to his gender.

There still are plenty of them, and plenty of others that can happen going forward. The fact that you ignore them or don't remember them doesn't change that.

>or something else along those lines. Being reincarnated into a boy or a girl doesn't change Link's character.
It does. On top of that, it wouldn't make sense since you could do the same thing with Zelda, another established recurring character that gets reincarnated. Even Miyamoto has said that Link is male in every reincarnation.
>>
>>333633408
good points

ez fix tho

They will just have to remove the option to be male link, now reincarnation of the hero is a girl

everyone is happy
>>
File: socialjustice.jpg (77 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
socialjustice.jpg
77 KB, 400x600
>>333633801

Social "justice" in a nutshell.
>>
>>333627978
I'm actually not that upset,

If this creates a male Prince Zelda, who does shit like runs around with a ninja alter-ego, casting spells and otherwise being a badass as he helps his warrior waifu out, that might be kinda cool.
>>
>>333628286
I don't mind a female link, but holy shit that ad is lame as fuck.
>>
>>333634369
>Female Ganondorf
>Kidnaps Prince Zelda
>Female link battles through hoards of enemies to rescue her sweet piece of ass. With her short tunic and white tights.

God, the femdom potential of this is incredible.
>>
> New Legend of Zelda coming to Wii U and NX
This makes me insanely incredibly angry. NX coming out to replace my Wii U before I was satisfied with it's library is one thing. Making it so I'm stuck having to pay up for a whole new console to get what will almost certainly be the "definitive" version of a game I was promised for my Wii U
>>
>>333635475
Don't jump to too many conclusions, the GameCube version of Twilight Princess was the definitive edition until the Wii U rerelease.
>>
>>333627978
He's cute
>>
>>333627978
>those skinny legs

I'm surprised she even has the strength to stand.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.