[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your first Final Fantasy game? Was it the only one you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Final_Fantasy_logo.png (429 KB, 2510x1079) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_logo.png
429 KB, 2510x1079
What was your first Final Fantasy game?
Was it the only one you played?
If not did it significantly impact how you felt about others that you've played?
>>
>>333624871
X
No
Probably?
>>
>>333624871
IV
No
Yes I think IV is the best
>>
>>333624871
Final Fantasy 3 on the ds
nope
I don't remember much about it but I am playing through the whole series and its next on the list
>>
>>333624871
Wanted to try VII but I didnt liked it, so I looked at the past and played I and II, then Dirge of Cerberus and FF:TA on the gba which was a lot of fun, then moved into XII and also liked it but had no replays so I kinda finished it and never touched it again, after XII everything is just shit.
>>
>>333624871
IV
yes, i have not finished it and have never played another final fantasy other than XIV
>>
>>333624871
X-2
No
It made me kind of disappointed with every other battle system, until I played XII___
>>
The first game, in 1991.
No.
The fact that I grew up with I, IV, VI, and VII probably affects my perception of X, XII, XIII, and XV.
>>
>>333624871
V
No
No, i judge each FF based on its own merits
>>
VII
Yes
>>
X
No, played every mainline game except XI
No, as I think X is only slightly above average in the FF tier rankings
>>
VIII
nope
I'm not sure,it might have
>>
>>333624871
VIII
No
Not at all
>>
>>333624871
VI is the only one I played, was pretty good.
>>
>>333624871
XII
No
Not really
>>
>>333624871
Mystic Quest
God no
I stopped playing for a while because it wasn't that great. I'm more of a narrative kind of guy and Mystic Quest didn't really have much of a narrative. I remember it was pretty easy though, if my six year old self could beat it.
>>
>>333624978
exactly my answer
>>
>>333624871
VI
No
No
>>
>>333624871
FFVII, still playing through it today.
I plan it to be my first and only FF game, purely for Cloud's inclusion in Smash, besides possibly the remake.
>>
it's going to be XV

>inb4 underage newfag

no, I just never had money to buy game when i was growing up and had to play what i could borrow from my friends
>>
>>333624871
my first Final Fantasy was IX
No it wasn't the first the only one I played
I think it did impact how felt about other FF titles. IX is my favorite due to the nostalgia factor and also because I genuinely feel it isa good game that is overlooked for other FF games instead
>>
>>333624871
No
Not really.
>>
>IV
>No
>Not really
>>
FF6
No
Nah
>>
>>333624871
>What was your first Final Fantasy game?
VII, a friend kept telling me to play it and I did it semi-reluctantly, expecting it to be kind of shit. I was pleasantly surprised.
>Was it the only one you played?
No.
>If not did it significantly impact how you felt about others that you've played?
Not really. The only one that really made my dick hard was V because I really like the job system. Jumped on FFT as soon as I heard it used it too.
>>
>>333624871
no
yes but ff6, ff5 and ff1 are my favorites in the series
>>
>>333624871
Tactics
No
Yes
>>
Final Fantasy 5
No
Yes, I love the job system and the way the older ones played the best. I think if more of them played like Bravely Default (minus groundhog day) the series would be better. Granted, I felt that 9 was one of the few good ones that didn't have a job system. Its gameplay, characters and setting were interesting enough to redeem the fact that it had a static class system.
>>
First I played was X.
Nope, played most of the others.
Erm I suppose so? X is still my favourite, but I still like what others try to do.
>>
Watched my older brother play VII. Then I went back and played IV first.
No.
It's made me dislike the newest ones. The older games were Fantasy worlds with a couple of Science Fiction elements massively changing something in the world. Newer games are just Science Fiction with Fantasy characters/weapons/enemies.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 144x336) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 144x336
>>333624871
Mystic Quest
No
It significantly impacted the types of games I played in the future.
>>
No
Well I liked all the final fantasies I played even 12. My favorite became 9 though. I actually did not give 5 a good chance and quit cause I got stuck but I tried it again and loved it.
>>
does watching my brother play counts as playing?
cuz if so then it's 9.

FF13 is probably the first FF I've put hours into
>>
>>333624871
VII
No
To some degreee. I thought the whole steampunk setting was standard so I didn't like the traditional crystal-based titles at first, but as I played VIII and IX after I decided to play the older ones as I thoroughly enjoyed the charm of IX and thought it would be similar. I wasn't, but I liked them anyway.
Because VII was my first I have always had trouble really liking VI as much as it deserves. I can see it is a good game, but VII beats it in most aspects (except graphical ageing and classes) and I happened to play VII first so my perception will always be warped.
>>
>>333624871
6, played the FF3 SNES version of it back in the day. Could not get into it because I was too young to understand it.

No.

>If not did it significantly impact how you felt about others that you've played?
I played 8, 7 and 9 buncha years later in that order. 9 became my favorite, but I prefer the Tactics spin-offs from the main series.
>>
7 is the first final fantasy i played, as a teenager, and i loved it so much. me and my friend played it to death, bred multiple golden chocobos, beat the weapons, saw all the ads for that turtle place, went on every date
it's forever my favourite, it's so nostalgic for me
we played 8 afterwards and i liked it, but not nearly as much

that was it for years and years
then many years later, as a lonely adult i played 6 and 9 and loved them a lot too

and that's it

thanks for reading
>>
>>333624871
No
Nah. I like the Warrior of Light as a character but i love how the series evolved into the utter piece of shit it is today. I still enjoy it, even if compared to the previous games the current releases are awful.
>>
>>333631091
Is awakening your favorite Fire Emblem?
>>
File: 1368612569304.png (19 KB, 492x318) Image search: [Google]
1368612569304.png
19 KB, 492x318
>>333624871
no
no
>>
>>333632902

>Mystic Quest

I'm so sorry
>>
there has never been a good or even okay final fantasy game
>>
no i've played the whole damn main series including NES 3.(as in 3, not america airquotes 3 unairquotes.)
>>
>>333633601
I liked it. I still like it. It wasn't a "real" Final Fantasy game but it introduced western audiences to RPGs when all they really knew up until then was sports and action games.
>>
File: oo bait.webm (337 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
oo bait.webm
337 KB, 960x540
>>333633689
>>
First game was IV. Only played about an hour of it, then moved onto V. So it wasn't my only game. Not by a long shot. I would eventually play all but XIII-2.

I technically consider V to be my first though, because it was the one I really played in depth.

When I would play a new Final Fantasy, I would partially judge them on how restricted their battle/job system was.

After V I wen back and replayed IV, and noticed that each character was locked to a specific job. After that was VII, and while there is no job system to be seen; the materia system was pretty damn close. Allowing any character to equip magic, summons, and skills.

X and XII seem to have really in depth systems, that are reminiscent or the classic job system; but I haven't really played enough of either to get the full experience.
>>
>>333624871
first was II
no, I've played I, III, IV, V, and VI
yes, I hate the 3D ones now
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.