[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck happened to dark souls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: ds.jpg (243 KB, 1492x747) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
243 KB, 1492x747
what the fuck happened to dark souls?
>>
its called merchandising
you hate capitalism or something, commie fuck?
>>
File: fvla2v.jpg (71 KB, 526x700) Image search: [Google]
fvla2v.jpg
71 KB, 526x700
>>333623569
Yeah
>>
this is your fault.
>>
>what the fuck happened
As if it wasn't that bad since 2012.

For once, I am happy, maybe all the fucking cancer that joined back with PC release that clearly cares more about memes and circlejerks than the game itself will finally leave.
>>
>>333623431

It got popular.

I can't wait for the inevitable /v/ contrarian backlash that befalls all games that reach a certain mainstream popularity
>>
this has always been the nature of souls games. you are only now realizing it.
>>
muh secret chink game developer who only makes games for meeeeee
>>
>>333623431
Millennials happened.
>>
I can't wait to see all the dank memesters buy that shirt. DS is the hardest game ever! xD
>>
>>333623431

Dark Souls is shit.

It has always been shit and will always be shit.

Why people here pretend to like it is beyond me.
>>
>>333623952
t. Millennial
>>
>>333623952
Stop with those meme. If you are under the age of 35 you are a fucking millennial you autist
>>
File: Typical Soviets.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Typical Soviets.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>333623727
fuggin commiekeks
>>
Souls has been reddit for a long time
>>
>>333623727
>being 12
Hopefully you'll grow out of it.
>>
>>333623431
You showed up.
>>
>>333623871
I, for one, like how the souls series gained popularity. Its a great series and it deserves the popularity that its getting.

The "Le dark souls is hard" meme is abnoxious tho.
>>
>>333624154
Nice opinion.
>>
>>333625398
>abnoxious
>>
>>333624204
Assuming the shock didn't knock him out or he didn't go deaf some one is going to be getting killed by the "enemy" real fast.
>>
nothing, I think the games are great, but goddamn some people that enjoy them are terrible at broadcasting their tastes

fuck anyone who wears a fucking snapback
they're like a uniform for tools
>>
>>333623727
>putting your flag on a burning building so you can burn your own fucking flag
Dumbass commies
>>
>>333623431
You seem to have mistaken the social marketing arm of nam I to be controlled directly by the people who make the games.

Say shit people recognize, keep repeating so it's fresh in everyone's mind, create buzz and talk leading up to release. Boom. That's the job of the millennial who's 'in', 'with it, and 'gets it' to sip coffee and retweet people who say nice shit about the thing they're trying to sell.

>Reeeeeee I don't like when people like things I like
Who cares.

UNLESS dark souls 3 has a built in Twitter fucking button every time you die saying "haha would you like t share this hilarious moment with your friends? Also like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram!!" this could not matter any less to the souls games.
>>
>>333627146
The PS4 and PC version does. Not sure about Xbone
>>
Dank SoulzZz was good back when it was called Demon's Souls.
>>
Bandai Namco wants to cash in one last time
>>
File: 3025148-dark_souls_iii_wings (1).jpg (663 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
3025148-dark_souls_iii_wings (1).jpg
663 KB, 1920x1280
>>333623431
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-chicken-wing-challenge-sounds-pretty-/1100-6435867/
>>
>a bunch of shitty merch ruins the game

You faggots crack me up.
>>
>start playing dark souls 2 for the first time
>get to majula
>think I can survive the fall into the pit
>die
>get achievement
>"this....is...............DARK SOULS :o"
fuck off
>>
>no 'touch the demon inside me'
>no 'amazing trap ahead'
shaking my tentacles to be honest famalam
>>
>>333629665
>start playing dark souls 2 for the first time
>old ladies laughing at me "YOU WILL DIE A LOT THIS GAME IS SOO HARD XD"
>fall into the water shortly after and get the "This is Dark Souls." achievement
This series became gay as fuck when they started pushing the epic difficulty meme. Looking at the hilariously cringy DaS3 merch it looks like they haven't learned their lesson.

This series started off golden with demon souls and dark souls. Fuck you scamco.
>>
Hey guys, I'm looking for some old as shit comic of a neckbeard who's on his pc but the sun starts shining in his room and he closes his blinds

Anyone have?
>>
>>333623727
Too bad Dark Souls is Japanese and Japan LOVES capitalism and hates communists, especially Russia.
>>
>Capitalism

Accept it red communist bernie luving new yorker fag
>>
>>333630727
I copy pasted "neckbeard who's on his pc but the sun starts shining in his room and he closes his blinds" into google images and found it. Give it a try champ.
>>
>>333623431
>you died xDDDD

So glad I never got into this series.
>>
>>333623431
ayy lmao this is for the dark souls audience

reminder that toolbags who would dress like this are the people who think the Souls series is any good
>>
>>333623431
What is the graphic on the "Nice chest ahead" part of the sweater? I know that ain't a reference to Gwyn, we aren't going to have this gross sexist bullshit going on in my video games.
>>
>>333623431
the normies invaded
>>
>>333623431
Dark souls was niche. It's popular now, which makes it have always been a horrible shit game. It's like poetry.
>>
>everyone being mad than Namco uses the same marketing scheme they used since DaS1
>>
>>333624154
What are the non-shitty games you like, anon?
>>
>>333629665
Dark Souls 2 has the biggest amount of cheap deaths in the entire series. You're gonna die more to random bullshit and shitty platforming (yes, platforming) than to the enemies.
>>
>>333631534
>which makes it have always

cyka blyat
>>
It became dank
>>
>>333623431
Something being popular doesn't make it bad.

Do you think anyone who unironically enjoyed this series from begining to end would be the same kind of person who buys this sort of merchandise?

Bamco is just fucking retarded. That's all.
>>
>>333623569
It's bad merch, I would have been very happy if they clothing looked good.
>>
File: 1459780747744.png (104 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1459780747744.png
104 KB, 320x287
>Didn't buy Demon Souls
>I bought Dark Souls on PC
>I'm the cancer
>Not the soniggers who pretend this game was magically better when it was a game nobody was fucking playing.

Is it so bad to like video games anymore? Do any of you fuckers actually like the games for what they are or did soniggers play these games just so you could jerk off about how "I only play Avant Garde games you've never heard of normie"

Literally fucking reddit.
>>
>>333630640
Bloodborne wasnt like this. Im thinking DSII will always be the odd one out.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.