[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what is the story going to be like? Political drama with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: FINAL_FANTASY_VX_15_PS4.jpg (108 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
FINAL_FANTASY_VX_15_PS4.jpg
108 KB, 1200x1200
So what is the story going to be like?

Political drama with end of days backdrop with the eternal night theme?
>>
that would be cool

FFXII was too heavy on the political drama.
>>
>>333616341

The only problem with that was that the characters were mostly uninteresting.
>>
so last boss wont be some giga monster from another dimension?

little dissapointed in that :(
i hope they twist some shit to make it interesting and not too normal
>>
>>333616341
fft had political drama and it had the best story in the series
>>
>>333616208
>Political drama
AKA soap opera
>>
>>333617841

wait wat
>>
>>333617841
wat
>>
>>333616208
This is what I'm getting from it:

Noctis' kingdom just got invaded by another kingdom that wants their crystal, one of four which other kingdoms had and they already conquered. Noctis is on the run because he is the true heir and must stay alive to claim his throne. Easier said than done been just 4 of them. Him and his posse decide to collect powerful eons, maybe titans here to even the odds and just happen to know where they are. Luna, his fiance, needs to keep her dead down while he gets there but that's not quite in her nature so she's off to do her thing to make things right on her end.

That's what I'm getting. Provably wrong but it's only a few months before we find out.
>>
>>333618367

ardyn is behind it all

calling it now
>>
>>333618563
>ardyn
The guy that looks like a ginger Doctor Who with a fur jacket!?

... I can see that.
>>
>>333618736

he's in the movie and game
>>
>>333618849

He's apparently the true ruler of Niflheim.
>>
>>333616208
>Political drama
Is an evil empire invading really political drama?
>>
>>333619548

apparently it runs deeper than that
>>
>>333619548

That's one aspect. There are several other nations involved. While you're unraveling that, you'll notice the nights get longer, and the heavier shit sets in.
>>
>>333617912
I was literally gonna post this. FFT has the best cast and story in the entire series, and it was a straight up political thriller with a fantasy/shakespearian backdrop. It was fucking excellent.
>>
File: StandByMe.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
StandByMe.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>333616208
Like this.
>>
>>333621052

That's it, Prompto is kill.
>>
>>333620954
That's why the disappearance of the Shakespearean quotes from Tabata's trailers has me worried. I'd rather not Jap anxiety about personal relationships take precedence over telling an interesting story.

Also I'm liking at the GamenInformer stuff and why the fuck does a Final Fantasy game have an opaque quest system? If you're not paying enough attention to the story to know where to go next you don't deserve to finish the game. Fuck.
>>
>>333621534

what
>>
>>333623284
Which part.
>>
File: Stella_Versus_XIII.jpg (26 KB, 393x337) Image search: [Google]
Stella_Versus_XIII.jpg
26 KB, 393x337
>>333621534
Yeah it does feel different from the initial Nomura trailers. The Shakespeare influences have been dialed back in favor of classic adventure. Kinda shame. Nomura's take seemed pretty unique. But there's no point in desiring games that never will be. XV will probably be fine.
>>
>>333625667
fuck off kagari
>>
>>333616208
>noctis can see the light of dying souls
>he's supposed to marry Luna, a childhood friend, and turned enemy because her Kingdom decided to invade noctis' Kingdom
>something something Luna Kingdom wants Noctis' Kingdom's crystal
>noctis is always tired blah blah he ages quicker than a normal person
>Regis old design will probably be noctis
>something something political drama with the themes of death, betrayal and the power of friendship

Something like that
>>
>>333625667

kill yourself kagari

stella a shit
>>
>>333621534
Those quotes (one quote, to be exact) didn't mean anything except to suggest the more morally gray worldview and SE even said as much. The actual political/historical aspect is much bigger in XV.
>>
>>333626262
Don't forget:
>Lucis has some skeletons in the closet and is partially responsible for the fucked up state of the world; Niflheim did almost nothing wrong
>Lucis waits for their atonement ("You will be the key to our redemption)
>the creation myth/prophecy about the Martyr King comes true
>>
>>333627280
This too

Lucis dindu nuffin
>>
>>333616208
Please include the game title in your op anon.
>>
>>333616208
follows on from the end of lightning returns, if I understood the ending correctly

no spoilers.

>tfw no one gets this cause they didn't play 13
lol.
>>
So who's gonna betray the group?
My money's on Ignus.
>>
>>333629118
Ignis is the driver, so not him. Prompto. He plays the "cute playful guy" but then turns bad.
>>
>>333629118
Plot twist none of them, bros to the end
>>
>>333629118
Can't be Gladiolus because it's too easy.
Can't be Ignus because it's trying too hard and he's tied directly to multiple gameplay elements.
Either Prompto betrays you (he's a fuckup and the odd one out) or Noctis turns on his bros. That and/or Prompto dies, or there's just no twist.
>>
>>333616208
>>333616208
>Political drama with end of days backdrop with the eternal night theme?

This.

Guy in the white cape will be the new Kefka/Sephiroth/Kuja.
Niflheim Empire is the new Gestahl Empire/Shinra/Alexandria.
>>
>>333616208
This is what I think it is.

Noctis is on the run from the Niflheim kingdom because they would beat his shit in if they ever caught him, probably kill him quietly in a dungeon so his survival won't cause revolution. Him and his friends are trying to get some kind of weapon of mass power from an ancient prophecy, which will allow them to fight the invaders and save their nation. Luna will end up being important to activate the weapon, and that's why Niflheim didn't kill her right away. Meanwhile, it will turn out that Niflheim rule was hijacked by some kind of evil entity (the embodiment of darkness, alien bent on destroying the world, the King is just a super dick who wants to take over the world), and now that he has all of the Crystals, he can use their power to rule the world. And the ability to Warp is somehow linked to the crystals, so say goodbye to that when fighting the King (Until Luna finds a way to bring it back, maybe the power of love or something).

Finally, one of the four will die. My guess is Promto or the big guy who's name I forget (The one who doesn't wear shirts). Either one could be considered the heart of the group, and whichever is the bigger heart will die.

Finally, it will be more like Final Fantasy IV than Final Fantasy VII. The whole Crystals and Kingdom feel of the story is already leaning towards classic FF, while incorporating the more modern FF stuff to keep the new fans (Like industrialization and less classic armor, more "cool" clothes.)
>>
>>333629118
Noctis.
>>
It's boggling to me that this may be the first FF I don't dislike since 9 and the first one I enjoy since 7, and I'm not even a big fan of 7.
>>
>>333629267
Noctis drives too, but as >>333629650 said, Ignis is tied to more core gameplay elements than anybody except for Noctis himself.

>>333629650
>Noctis turns on his bros
Interestingly, Tabata said the Stand By Me theme has less to do with simple sentimental friendship and more with isolated, church-like prayer. Guess it's a hint that at some point, Noctis won't have much support for whatever he's doing.
>>
>>333630867
>Guess it's a hint that at some point, Noctis won't have much support for whatever he's doing.

I now have a strong feeling every single person in the group except Noctis could die.
>>
>>333616208
>So what is the story going to be like?
shit
>>
>>333631231
I mean if anybody's gonna die, it's Prompto, but the game originally had a theme of death, Gladiolus is a bodyguard, Ignus' character is "The Butler", the game is literally built so you can only play as Noctis, and it'd make for a powerful post-game if Noctis is just alone in the end.
>>
>>333626131
>>333626520
XDDD
>>
>>333619450
>>333618563
It's always the fucking quirky weird guy in the background. He's definetly up to something.
>>
>>333624835
opaque quest shit?
>>
who cares? will it be fun?
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_15_82307.jpg (70 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_15_82307.jpg
70 KB, 600x330
>>333631674
So the game ends with Noctis having reclaimed his throne but he's lost the people he cared about.
>>
File: Bad_Fur_Day.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Bad_Fur_Day.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>333632595
>>
File: Armiger.jpg (243 KB, 1530x858) Image search: [Google]
Armiger.jpg
243 KB, 1530x858
How OP will it be?
>>
>>333632595
noctis dies.
>>
>>333633153
Too OP if you get it too early on and has the same refill rate as Duscae or Platinum demo
>>
>>333616208
The crystals were causing the Plague of the Stars and Niflheim did nothing wrong.
>>
>>333633153
Very. Even the non-spoiler Uncovered trailer showed him taking down multiple airships single-handedly.
>>
>>333632315
He's not really in the background in this case. And he seems interested in cooperating with Noctis and co. for whatever reason.
>>
The story is going to be shit just like every FF game.
>>
>>333632595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtemqeMG8XI

Man,t hose earlier Nomura trailers have such a different feel from the recent ones. I'll be sad if none of the mood remains.
>>
>>333636923
Even the 2013 is a lot different from the 2014 trailer, since 2014 most trailers have just been roadtrips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDucrHWAFdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUyVRC52RZ8
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.