[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are people who dislike this game just contrarians? Inb4 "It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: TLOU.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
TLOU.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Are people who dislike this game just contrarians?

Inb4 "It's not a game"
>>
It's fucking trash. Get in room, get past the couple of enemies in there, get in next room.
You have to have autism to enjoy the mind numbing repetitiveness.
>>
>>333609879
Pretty much the only people I know who dislike this game have autism. Sounds like you do too.
>>
>>333609714
You can bypass almost every single combat situation by throwing a brick or bottle to one side, and then sprinting for the door/exit area
>>
>>333609714
Haven't looked into it too much, played the remastered version a while ago, was just simply too fucking boring, don't care for any of the characters and it seems like the gameplay is just going to get repeated until you complete it.
>>
>>333609714
I think people can have legit reasons to dislike this game, but if any of them also enjoyed stuff like the new tomb raiders, spec-ops the line and the uncharted series, then they have no right to hate this game, because it's pretty much the most perfected rendition of these similar types of boring-ass TPS

it also helped that the story was pretty competent and that the ending presented a genuine moral quandary which triggered heavy discussion on /v/
>>
>>333609714
I didn't like it at first, but the last couple of hours it grew on me, did not like the ending. somebody should have died.
>>
>>333610118
>W-well guess what?! You have autism heh!!
>>
Idk man, I can enjoy games where all/most of the emphasis is on the story but TLOU didn't do it for me, I prefer the uncharted series. This game took itself way too seriously, considering its story was insanely generic, full of genre tropes and cliches that had me rolling my eyes constantly. Not to even mention that the game really isn't very fun to play.
>>
>Mediocre gunplay
>Straight to DVD tier story

I dunno why anyone would dislike this senpai
>>
>>333609714
is this neogaf ?
>>
>INSANELY bad AI, both friendly and enemy
>buggy melee
>boring and uninspired puzzles
Exploring and the story/characters were the best part
>>
>>333609714
It's a zombie cliche story with mediocre gun-play
>>
It's a good game. Good, as in "above average". I'm pretty sure most people here don't hate it - they just don't like how it was blown out of proportion by the gaming press.
>>
>>333609879
Sounds like every shooter to me.
>>
Blatant propoganda.
>Ellie is a reddit wet dream, literally cannot do or say anything wrong
>can't walk past an advertisement or old world relic without ellie remarking how problematic it is
>Ellie is a super soldier, killed scores of grown men with grrl power by the end of the game
>interracial Yuri dlc
>white male protagonist is the bad guy for not letting the black female antagonist kill his daughteru and take her lungs
>when a fucking mucous sample would have sufficed
>>
>>333610956
Somebody did die.
>>
Welcome to 5 years ago.

People doesn't dislike it. They dislike how insanely overrated it is.
It's an okay game with a great setting and sound track but the gameplay is lacking. I know someday I will replay it on the hardest difficulty if I ever get the PS4.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.