[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone tell me why this meme game uses 45 gigs of storage space?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ark.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
ark.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
Can anyone tell me why this meme game uses 45 gigs of storage space?
>>
who gives a shit
>>
memes
>>
>>333597564
1. Unoptomized
2. Large map
3. Lots of art assets
>>
>>333597564
It's made by 4 outsourced studios from all over the world. They just keep throwing more dinosaurs in the game and don't care about optimizing.
That's also a reason why it looks and runs like shit.
>>
It's a fun game. We used to have concurrent threads on /vg/ the whole time. Gets boring sometimes and a fucking grindfest on official, but there were good times.
>>
>>333599158
This, what's the fucking point to playing the game when it performs worse than overpriced expansions like far cry primal.
>>
>>333599281
Yeah, if you get a chill server or a private one with friends, it goes from a horrible shitfest where you either get rolled every time you log out or are surrounded by surly gooks, to a much better, interactive version of Jurassic Park 2
>>
>>333599158
>it looks and runs like shit

Yeah I noticed that. My friend got me this last xmas and I finally got around to installing and found out I had to crank everything down and edit the configs to get 30 fps playable lol
>>
When you put everything on low and play at 720p. you can run it at reasonable frames.
>>
>>333599867
what? I've got a two year old computer and I can play at medium settings with good framerates
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.