[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[E3 '06] Watch this and you'll understand gimmick VR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: Sony.jpg (47 KB, 624x504) Image search: [Google]
Sony.jpg
47 KB, 624x504
Upload from May 2006.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4

It's a piece of evidence that everyone should watch

I'm not a Sony fan or hater, just watch this and see Mr. Hirai being a compulsive liar just makes perfect sense now that VR bullshit is going on
>>
>>333591661
But later PS3 turned to be great.
>>
>>333592453
>But later PS3 turned to be great.
6 years later
Because they released movies like The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls that made the LGBT people happy
>>
>>333591661
Lol, it's funny how so many kids care whether VR will succeed or fail in the long run. What kind of life do you have when a major part of it is sitting around bitching about other people having fun.
>>
>>333593274
>What kind of life do you have when a major part of it is sitting around bitching about other people having fun.

Because idiots who buys VR will end up doing shit things in real life.
>>
The PS3 is great. Has a fucking solid library of games you can't play on PC and has great support for music and movies.

There's a reason it sold over 80 million units
>>
>>333592739
Well then, we'll just need to wait some time to become VR great.
Sony never makes bad products.
>>
File: 1453348347552.jpg (6 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1453348347552.jpg
6 KB, 238x250
>>333591661
>this is a decade old now
Just end it
>>
File: 1453866096436.jpg (42 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
1453866096436.jpg
42 KB, 800x804
>>333591661
>so here's this giant enemy crab
There will never be a time this doesn't make me laugh
>>
File: quality.jpg (46 KB, 641x445) Image search: [Google]
quality.jpg
46 KB, 641x445
>>333593367
>There's a reason it sold over 80 million units

God of War
Beyond Two Souls
The Last of Us
Uncharted.

>>333593418
>Sony never makes bad products.
>>
>>333592739
>TLOU
>LGBT

yeah the white bearded male protag who saves the girl is what the mentally ill degenerates wanted?
>>
>>333593274
VR would make multiplatform games a lot more limited.
>>
>>333593609
Sure those are the reasons normalfags bought it but there are lots of actually good reasons to own one too. Demons Souls, Yakuza, Nier, Dragon's Crown, RDR, so on
>>
>>333593524
real-time weapon change
>>
>>333593846
>Demons Souls, Yakuza, Nier, Dragon's Crown, RDR

Dragon's Crown sold so poorly it was on sale after 2 weeks of its release

Yakuza only sells in Japan

Nier nobody bought that game other than you and me
>>
>>333593674
Black lesbian DLC
>>
>>333593935
>White fragile girls is blacked
>>
>>333593930
>Dragon's Crown sold so poorly it was on sale after 2 weeks of its release

But sold 1 million copies anon why is that a a poor sale?
>>
>>333593930
I'm not saying these games sold the system. I interpreted your comment as accusing the system of only having shitty casual games so I was pointing out that it has both.
>>
>>333594242
I know it doesn't, I'm just saying that we must accept the truth, which is Sony PS3 was praised because LGBT shit

Sony spent at least 145$ million making Beyond Two Souls.
>They said they spent $30 million.

Bullshit, only the actors received something around $15 million to make that shit game.
>>
i.e: Heavy Rain initial budget was 22$ million but they spend more later on

Beyond Two Souls had multi million dollar hollywood shit and the project was so huge it can't even be compared to Heavy Rain which started in 2005-06 by the way.
>>
>>333591661
What is marketing positioning

What is shifting of consumer opinions and values

Kaz Hirai is nothing more than a PR person in effect, he says what the public wants to hear - and what the public wants to hear changes over time
>>
>>333594710
Call it compulsive lying
>>
>>333594836
He's not talking about Peter Molyneux
>>
>>333594836
Only if you're autistic and don't understand every major business both in the video game industry and out does the same thing.

Nintendo does it, Microsoft does it, open your eyes to the real world.
>>
>>333594482
Beyond was made before Ellen Page came out of the closet though man
>>
>>333595164
Sure
>Like (s)he didn't bang 3 actress in 2010 in Toronto gay Festival
>>
>>333595224
citation needed

Preferably in photo and/or video form
>>
>>333595304
Young Street #1432
>>
>>333593274
Console and casualfags who don't won't be using vr properly or even at all.
>>
>>333591661
>buy a wii and a 360 instead

And where are the threads about the wii and 360? Nowhere because theyve been forgotten, and nintendo and Microsoft have fucked this gen up.

PC + PS4 master race
>>
File: ih...jpg (44 KB, 656x407) Image search: [Google]
ih...jpg
44 KB, 656x407
>>333595545
Forget about the end of the video

I don't even care if who made this video was Bill Gates or Sharon Stone just pay attention to the compulsive lying
>>
>>333592739
>the LGBT people is behind this!
Man you guys are so damn retarded
>>
>>333595224
What's with the (s) before he? She's not a tranny
>>
>>333595649
Pink money my friend.

After The Last of Us many girls started to call themselves gamers and make youtube videos, etc.
>>
I'm only watching their conference to see the awful trainwreck of trying to showcase the VR gimmick on-stage.
Also the potential for another fucking kikestarter.
I can already see them announcing a KS with jewjima.
>>
>>333594994
Wait, but I thought Sony was the pure hero that cared about gamers and Nintendo were the evil jews.
Did neogaf lie to me?
>>
>>333596027

Sony lets the plebs donate to Shenmue

then walks in on-stage

MASTER
JEW
>>
>>333595224
The only way I can picture that in my head is her banging them with her huge fucking forehead.
>>
>>333591661

VR is optional retard
>>
>>333595545
>PC + PS4 master race
That's the most retarded thing posted today.
Why on earth would you get both if PC gets the superior ports anyway?
>>
>>333596114
Nobody is a hero and everybody is a jew.

That is business for you - places like Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft honestly don't give a shit about your love for video games in the slightest - it is all about end profit.

If saying shit like they love gamers or making nostalgic rehashes drives the money home then they will do it
>>
>>333596239
Ask everyone buying them on PS4 instead, leading to PS4 topping software sales every month last year worldwide.
>>
File: John Rambo.jpg (52 KB, 413x518) Image search: [Google]
John Rambo.jpg
52 KB, 413x518
>>333596225
>VR is optional retard
>>
>>333596464
Nah, I might get mugged.
>>
>>333596394

Microsoft sucks, I hate Bill Gates, etc.

Just their controllers and games at least have been good since the days of big box.

What games Sony make? Beyond Two Souls? The Movie of Us?
>>
>>333596650
Sony didn't make either of those games, one was made by Quantic Dreams the other by Naughty Dog.

Sony (or rather their software houses SCE) doesn't develop very many games themselves at all
>>
>>333597002
Well... they do

Everyone knows, including Sony, they own Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, etc, etc.

They just don't work as "Sony" employees because of business model.
>>
>>333597117
Uh no, that is simply not how they operate at all.

They do work closely with particularly the Santa Monica teams (which are mostly SCE hired employees) but both ND and Quantic Dream have their own offices (QD is based in France completely seperate from Sony studios) and if they wished *could* break contract to publish games on their own.

Which they won't of course because Sony funds and invests them for their games and markets them in their entirety.
>>
>>333597313
Just because they locate in different locations under different names...............

Doesn't mean their money don't come from the same source which, obviously, they do and this is the only reason they exist.
>>
>>333597313
>Uh no, that is simply not how they operate at all.
>you are wrong

>>333597313
>Which they won't of course because Sony funds and invests them for their games and markets them in their entirety.
>You are right though.

This is what I call hysterical contradiction
>Probably a liberal retard.
>>
>>333597417
Are you dumb or what?

Literally all first/second party titles would have been invested in by a Publisher to come to existance - doesn't mean the publisher owns and outright *is* the development studio.

That is like saying Gears of War is created and owned exclusively by Microsoft
>>
>>333597509
>>333597417
Alright excellent example coming through.

Insomniac - created R&C series and was funded by Sony and assisted by Sony Santa Monica

Guess what? They decided to break ways and pitched to Microsoft to secure a publishing deal with them

Does that means Sony owns/is them? No.
Does that means Microsoft owns/is them? Nope.
>>
>>333597551
>That is like saying Gears of War is created and owned exclusively by Microsoft

Who decides if Gears of War is going to be forever Xbox exclusive ?
>They own everything the studio has produced
>Damn! you are right again
>>
>>333597641
Uh no, they own proprietry exclusivity deals on content funded by Microsoft - of course Epic Games can (and has) secured rights from other publishers to produce other tites
>>
>>333597708
>they own proprietry exclusivity deals on content funded by Microsoft
>Which is the only reason the studio have money and can pay their bills
> DAMN! RIGHT AGAIN
>>
>>333597810
>Which is the only reason the studio have money
No... They get investment to make a game, then they get a cut of the profits, the exact stakes aren't puiblically known but likely something like MS taking a 60% cut.

The remainder is their own money.
>>
>>333597879
So then what's the difference from making games for Microsoft on Epic Games or making games for Microsoft on Microsoft?

Just useless contract deals that only lawyers care.
>>
>>333598002
>Just useless contract deals that only lawyers care.
This is where you are too stupid to grasp the concept that a devlopment stuiod =/= a publisher

The difference is Epic games is its own company and doesn't *have to* rely on Microsoft to make and sell their games - they could easily for example make a game on a Sony console exclusively if they desired and Sony gave them a good publishing deal

Whereas Microsofts own development team is purely owned by Microsoft and could not make a game not on Microsofts system
>>
>>333598157

Well, if we are going to be litereals, you are right, the terminology is against me.

But we know that Epic Games is considered first-party (in real world not on paper)
>>
>>333598245
>But we know that Epic Games is considered first-party

Well not really since they made Bulletstorm, a multiplatform title.

But yes, for the gears of war franchise they do act as a first party purely because Microsoft holds the exclusive rights to that franchise and likely had a deal with them to make X gears of war games.

But this goes back to the point here too
>>333597617

Insomniac Games for example made games exclusively for Sony and then decided to switch publishing deals to Microsoft for Sunset Overdrive.

The point being is that you say Naughty Dog and Quantic Dreams are owned/made by Sony but they could realistically split and go to Microsoft or even independently publish their own games.

A complete true first party title would be one genuinely made by Sony/Microsoft - Nintendo pumps out a load of true first party titles because they are a publisher with a large internal development team (Mario franchise for example)
>>
>>333598415
That's a solid explanation
>>
>>333598245
>But we know that Epic Games is considered first-party (in real world not on paper)
That's called being second party. Unless they are owned by the publisher it's not first party.
>>
>>333598731
They act like a First party..

I mean, a ''indepent'' company works much better (generally) than internal development

Private companies are the heart of our society, as much as I hate mega-capitalism and kikery.
>>
>>333592739
>Movies

When will these meme end?
>>
Why was the boomerang design scrapped?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.