[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: shit.jpg (75 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
75 KB, 700x396
Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this game?
>>
>>333591278
best Souls game to date.
>>
>>333591278
>now that the dust has settled
Kill yourself
>>
>>333592027
Did I flare up your autism, anon?
>>
doing a fresh/last run SoTFS. Don't really know what to go for since I can just respec later in game. Not sure if I should try no bonfire or no death or both.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 570x846) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 570x846
Decent game. My least favorite souls game of the 3 since I haven't played 3 yet. It just wasnt that memorable to me.
>>
File: nyfdyi.jpg (147 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
nyfdyi.jpg
147 KB, 1024x576
didnt seem to have the same feel as dank souls 1. The level design was pretty boring.With that said i liked how there were a variety of builds kept the game fresh or me.
>>
>>333591278
will it drop in price after DS3 release?
>>
>>333592329
for my area they usually drop the price of the old games after about a week or two for the older games
>>
>>333591278
I beat this game a couple of weeks ago, and it made me finally realise how contrarian and autistic this board is.

I really enjoyed the game.
>>
>>333591278
take the name away and it would be an awesome game...
idk why people are so butthurted by it not fullfiling the expectations so much.

also my first experience with the game i unintentionally entered champions covenant so i got the full souls experience.
>>
>completed vanilla DaS2 ages ago, thought it was very dissapointing, end up hating the game because of it
>buy SOTFS during most recent sale to see what's changed
>have never played the DLC so thought this was a good idea
>bored out of my mind by the time I get to harvest valley
>didn't learn my lesson

Still haven't reached the DLC, and I don't think I ever will
>>
It was an alright game but there's a lot of things From could've improved to make It actually feel like a Dark Souls game.

The only thing I really enjoyed was the amount of areas you could go to, But they all feel crammed together.
>>
Not completely shit but i'm disappointed in level design, bosses and the soul memory stuff. DLC stepped it up a bit but still the reskins were lazy
>>
>>333591278
worst game in the series, also shitty DLC that got shilled real hard
>>
not bad. Didn't enjoy it as much as DS1 or BB but it definitely holds up.

I wasn't a fan of the warping mechanic, and the bosses were a little lame, but its earned its place in the series. Even if it is at the tail end.
>>
>>333592714

Don't worry, you aren't missing much but more of the same.

And the Ivory King DLC has to be the worst shit to ever appear in a Souls game. As an indication of just how bad it is there are four bosses in it and three of them are the exact same thing.
>>
Currently playing it, at the pursuers boss. I can parry it but I can't seem to backstab/riposte it. What's it for then? Seems useless
>>
>>333593948
>boss has to recover from being parried
it's literally an opening for you to do some damage. cmon senpai
>>
File: 1330794108721.jpg (95 KB, 256x327) Image search: [Google]
1330794108721.jpg
95 KB, 256x327
>>333592048
It is just quite ridiculous, that you create this thread only a few days before the next installment in the series releases and this board has seen nothing but consecutive threads weighing the merits of DeS, DaS1+2, Bloodborne, with uncountable "What is your favourite weapon, armor, boss, area?" threads.

So, instead of opening another thread, that offers no novel material for discussion, you could just lurk and wait for any of those to pop up and probably enjoy much better content.
>>
>>333591278
It's mediocre game. Something like 6-7 out of 10. Core Souls mechanics are still great but awful world, level and enemy design and poor balance ruin everything.
>>
File: Hmm....jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Hmm....jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>333591278
It bascially killed Dark Souls.

>inb4 it wasn't that bad muhh DLC

The mere existence of DS2 totally defeats the purpose of the first game, it was meant to be a completed story with a definite end.
Everything was resolved and then there is this abomination of a game, shitting all over the great game we all knew.
It might be a great game mechanically (even though I don't think it is) but it is a trainwreck thematically.
And even though DS3 looks like it's pretty good, I have not seen any spoilers that aren't fanservice.
DS was something "original" and just as every original idea in games, it gets squeezed out till it gives it's last drop of money,
just to then end up on the pile of corpses, destined to be rebooted 5 years down the line.

Without owning a ps4 myself I have to say that I'm glad that Miyazaki moved on. But I can say with all certainty that BB will meet the same fate or will get burried by sonys inablity to think outside the box and realase it on other platforms. Which is very likely to happen, since they've done the same with DeS.

It's fucking sad really.
>>
>>333591278
fun coop game.
Fun fact, it was originally in a much worse state before the producer, that today gets all the blame, came in and saved it.

It's a great example of users designing a product when they dont know what's good for them. It's like that Simpson episode when Homer designs his own car.
>>
>>333591278
It was my least liked souls game, mechanics and level design killed it for me. The best thing I can say about it is the weapons were pretty neat and hex magic was fun.
>>
>>333594575
>Everything was resolved and then there is this abomination of a game, shitting all over the great game we all knew.

This is literally wrong.
>>
>>333592208
What is this screenshot from?
>>
>>333594703
Then why don't you elaborate on where the need for a sequel is apparent in the ending of Dark Souls 1?

Instead of just making a fact statement.
>>
>>333594796
Pretty obviously a mocked up concept art from a supposed "science fiction souls game".
>>
>>333594796
>screenshot
>>
>>333594703
>Link the fire ending
>Darklord ending

I'm not wrong, these endings are definite.
They were supposed to be the END of the age of fire.

>>333594796
It's not a screenshot, it's a digital painting.
>>
Best in the series.
>>
>>333594575
You have no idea what you are even saying, do you?
>>
>>333594575
>The mere existence of DS2 totally defeats the purpose of the first game, it was meant to be a completed story with a definite end.
I'm ready to pasta for The Last of us 2
>>
>>333594208
Well it isn't ridiculous because I just finished this game and wanted to know what people thought of it (not the weapons/boss etc. but the game as a whole). I liked DeS, DaS and BB but never got around to finishing this one. Now that I have I can't help but feel disappointment in it, and that the occasional instances of people shitting on this game were right to feel betrayed, justified in the game's mediocrity.

I think this is the best time to gauge what people think of it, as opposed to the knee-jerk reactions it received in March 2014.

Why would I lurk and wait for those threads to pop up when I can make one myself like this here thread? I don't come here often so I don't catch the threads measuring this game with the others, but it hasn't stopped me from hearing some opinions I think are accurate i.e. >>333593063
>>
What's enjoyable about the game?

A while ago I tried to play it on PC and the controls were shit so I hooked up a controller, seemed more frustrating than fun and quite repedative. Maybe I'll give it another go but I don't know what all the fuss is about...seems everyone likes it because it's challenging but do you ever get good enough to have fun and feel like you can "win"?
>>
I hate how ugly the game is
>>
>>333594954
Try to prove me wrong.
But this is /v/, so you won't.
>>
>>333594982
I admit, there is a certain way this game resists being fun up to a certain poin.
Years ago, I played DeS, didn't even finish the first area. Picked it up a few months later. Managed the first boss, but shortly lost interest again.
Dark Souls 1 I had to pick up 3 times before getting into speed, too.

Currently, I am trying to finish DS 2 before the release of 3. This one I also had to pick up multiple times. At least my early runs took me up to Lost Bastille.

But once you get into it, it really is a good game. And a perfect amount of challenge.

Most of the time, when playing Souls games, I could not enjoy them fully because I was always stressed out and afraid over losing my souls, or players invading me. Now it is less "losing souls" but consciously risking them to progress and invasions are daily bread and butter, even if I am not the best in pvp.
Just now, I am progressing through Aldia Keep. Hopefully able to at least complete the mainstory till Monday.
>>
>>333591278
Worst souls game
Still one if the best games around
>>
Loved it when I first got it, hated it during late game and in hindsight after I'd beaten it. Currently replaying SOFS and it's not as bad as I remember it being, I'm having fun despite the flaws.

I picked it up again so that Dark Souls III will come across as a good game regardless of what it's like, because anything is better than DaSII... or so I thought. It's actually decent, if not lacking.
>>
>>333594575
No, headcanon lorefags like you killed the series? How the fuck was Dark Souls a complete story? Are you implying that Dark souls said the flame would never go out after it was relit? Because that is wrong, it hints that since it went out once it can go out again, hence the cycles in DaS2.
>>
I liked it, if only for the fact that it made sorceries / hexes a valid playstyle.

Poor world design is what ultimately killed it for me, and fuck Huntsman's Copse and whoever was in charge of that bonfire placement, atrocious zone.
>>
>>333591278
Do you make these threads like every other hour?

Jesus fuck.
>>
>>333595060
>>333595320
Isn't it the greatest feeling anxious while you progress through a level you've never been to, only to be invaded by someone that wants to stop you in your tracks.

It's even better when the enemy has you cornered and winning is hopeless, until you get that parry or manage to slash them off a ledge.
>>
>>333595060
This, I got it on PS3 and holy shit it's disgusting.
Looks fucking amazing on PC though, I'm talking the works. The character creater sucks, everyone looks
>>
PvP is really fun. I love the concept of the bell tower covenant, it's a great place to invade as a red spirit. Nothing like teaming up with a grey against a gank squad. I like the forest in ds1 but it's too fucking dark down there. Also adding hexes and more offensive miracles gave casters way more options, I really like playing a faith hexer. And some areas were just gorgeous, I love Heide's Tower of Flame in particular.

The game itself is weak though, very few memorable bosses and the combat is wonky. Especially since I played it after Bloodborne which is an amazingly well made game. I would be surprised if ds3 is able to top it
>>
>>333595808

too much /v/ for u
>>
>>333591278
I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

I'm playing through it now while waiting for DaS3 and It's just making me want the wait to be over with even more as I continue to play because it's so goddamn shitty.

The character controls are the worst fucking part. Half the gameplay is just fighting for control over your damn character.
>>
>>333591278
I really liked Dark Souls II and it got a lot of bad rap for what was essentially bad timing on the part of the player.

8/10 game overall.
>>
>>333591278
Id like it if it werent for fucked up poise mechanics and soul memory
>>
>>333595874
To top bloodborne, not ds2 for clarification
>>
>DaS
>you destined to link the Fire
>but actually tricked to it and for history to move on you need to start age of Dark

>DaS2
>LOL ONLY SITH DEAL IN ABSOLUTES GO BEYOND LIGHT AND DARK BRO))))
>>
>>333595808
this is the first time i've made a thread on /v/ in years....

sorry if you've seen it before. just hide it
>>
>>333595925
>it got a lot of bad rap for what was essentially bad timing on the part of the player.
??????
>>
>>333596167
Nah, it's the same fucking picture every time and basically the same wording. You just changed the damn pic last week and you've been using that one for like 2 weeks at least.

Shithead.
>>
>>333596349
>????????

???????
>>
File: Haahaaaa!.jpg (52 KB, 467x640) Image search: [Google]
Haahaaaa!.jpg
52 KB, 467x640
>>333595592
>The flame will fade and only dark will remain
>or not lol because the cycle is endless

I'm not implying anything, stop being so stupidly agressive.

Linking the flame will extend the age of fire, but will ultimately, bring it's downfall.
This is why the first sin was introduced, to make SOME sense why the flame didn't fade after all.
So the original had 2 definite endings. Either you link it and extent or leave it and become a god yourself.

Also, explain to me why the team working on DS2 had to change almost the whole game at one point.
Explain to me why, at press events, they stated that some bosses like the mirror knight won't make it into the final game but somehow it did.
Tell me why there even is a SOTFS edition.

The original story was the EASIEST solution to creating a fast second part.
SOFTS was introduced to cash in more money.
DS2 will always be the nail in the coffin for DS. Deal with it.
>>
>>333596362
fuck yourself nigga. this is the best image aspect ratio for a vertical image board + shows the name of the game and art. there isn't much of a choice

really though fuck yourself
>>
>>333596403
It didn't fade cause it was re lit dummy
>>
>>333596427
DaS2 still sucks, fuccboi.

Peace.
>>
>>333596403
So why can't the age of Fire be extended over and over again, aka the story of 2?
>>
>>333591278
disliked it at first and stopped playing

went back to it and ended up really enjoying it
>>
>>333591278
Easily the best in the series so far.
>>
>>333591278
>Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this game?

worst Souls game of the 4 I have beaten.

Not to mention the DLC is bullshit and I went in with a variety of weapons, weapon damage types, and spells and everything was doing fuck all damage

Hope Dark Souls 3 is better
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.