[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i installed this game and after 3hrs i just couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: images (18).jpg (17 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
17 KB, 512x288
So i installed this game and after 3hrs i just couldn't play it anymore, why is this game such a shit fest with boring as fuck combat system
Uninstalled
Even deleted the setup
>>
Don't worry OP I feel you, I got through about 9 hours of it before realizing I got memed by /v/ once more.
>>
>>333591084
Seriously wtf is that game, im not even talking about graphics because it is just 2012 port but that awful gameplay and story
>>
>>333590092
I felt that way about it at first, then after a while I realised i really liked it
>>
>>333590092
>>333592042
You're not meant to face those bandits yet OP, you're not strong enough.

Go back after you do some side quests.
>>
File: 1451227970975.png (341 KB, 990x704) Image search: [Google]
1451227970975.png
341 KB, 990x704
Best game of all time with the worst beginning. A lot of people have this problem, often force themselves to keep playing until it just makes *click* at some point. Often this means getting completely lost in the woods at night and fighting an overpowering foe until the sun rises. Then the magic happnes and they get hooked.
>>
>>333592042
The story is as trope-ey as it gets "you're the last hope go kill that cunt". I read the entire plot line and it honestly gets no where better than this.

Gameplay just feels slugish and unrefined, I played as a mage and it felt more stupid than magic in DaS1/2.

>>333592428
I played DD on PS3 before I got it on PC and on both version I couldn't bring myself to even get through half the game without being bored to death.
>>
>>333592371

This.

It is the athmosphere and thrill of the day/night cycle. It affects well on the gameplay.
>>
HOW TO TELL IF DRAGONS DOGMA IS / ISN'T FOR YOU

What is usually your favorite part of videogames? The Story? Graphics? Characters?

If "Gameplay" wasn't the immediate answer, you now have two points. Keep track for a bit.

Can you tolerate light grinding? If no, add a point.

Is the term "offline MMO" an insult rather than praise in your eyes? If yes, add a point.

Do you call gameplay mechanics and systems bad without fully understanding them? If yes, add a point.

Does exploration hold little value to you? Add a point.

Can you stand RNG? If no, add a point.

The more points you have, the less likely this game is for you.

0-1 pts: Stop reading. Go have fun.
2-3 pts: Probably wont be your GOTY, but you should get quite a few kicks out of it nonetheless
4 pts: depending on how much the points earned matter to you, you may have just as many lows as highs with the game
5+ pts: look elsewhere
>>
File: 1459509871070.jpg (238 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459509871070.jpg
238 KB, 600x600
>People not knowing the ins and outs of Dragon's Dogma before buying the PC version
>A game that was out for nearly 4 years with no gameplay changes
>All the data, videos of actual gameplay, and everything right there

You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>333593823
Theres some wrong information on the game online though. Like the wiki has some occasional hick up on it.
>>
>>333593995
Still could just watch a video or god forbid a let's play and have a much better understanding of the game than just bullet points and trailers.
>>
I was hopeful when I saw this that it'd have good combat, but everything on youtube looks tremendously dull. It's like they went backwards after making Monster Hunter and added aerial combat to try to make up.
>>
>>333590092
I thought I was the only one. Game was boring and bland as fuck in every single way. I do not understand this board's obsession with it except to be contrarian or something.
>>
>>333592685
I got 1 point and I didn't like DD at all.
>>
>>333595027
Thirded, I gave it three tries but it just never started feeling fun
>>
>>333595027
>Generally regarded as a good game
>It must be that darn 4chan tricking me again
>>
>>333595027
>I thought I was the only one
>>333595156
>Thirded

redditniggers
>>
Yeah ok go back to playing your walking simulator pcuck
>>
>>333595306
Whatever helps you cope with dissenting opinions
>>
File: Big guys for aught.png (3 MB, 1653x927) Image search: [Google]
Big guys for aught.png
3 MB, 1653x927
>>333590092
Fuck OP, post your Aripawns.
>>
>>333595027
Anon with eight playthroughs of DD here. I don't understand you guys.
>>
>>333595483
DD fans discuss diy waifus more than anything about the game
>>
>>333592685
>Is the term "offline MMO" an insult rather than praise in your eyes?
What the fuck. Offline MMO is always meant as an insult.
>>
I had a of of fun with it, been a while since I played a game for so long before becoming tired of it. Bitterblack Island was incredible. It was wasn't anything mindblowing but it was definitely a lot of fun.

Different strokes for different folks, it's just not your thing.
>>
>>333595483
Why not just wait until this faggot thread instead of replying?

OP is a retard who quit after three hours. Fuck him and his ADD.
>>
File: 20160331003803_1.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160331003803_1.jpg
551 KB, 1920x1080
Fun game.
>>
>>333596132
>Why not just wait until this faggot thread
*is deleted

I hope you're saging this thread.
>>
>>333596132
>three hours
>ADD
You didn't think that one through
>>
Is modding this game annoying? How does it compare to Mod Manager? What about the Save Manager? Worth it or fuck it?
>>
>>333592685
Some of the mechanics and systems should be revamped. I love the game to death but it does have a lot of problems
>>
>>333597550
Most of the mods you're going to be getting are things like ENB, texture or model swaps. CE is pretty fun though.
>>
>>333596232
>playing an RPG for three hours and pretend you know everything about it
Your siblings didn't think your conception through.
>>
>>333593823
The action-packed music video/trailer was dope as fuck.
>>
>>333597550
Save manager is a must.
>>
>>333592371

I actually thought the beginning was fine. Old RPGs like Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile, now those had slow beginnings.

But in a way I do agree - Dragons Dogma gets a lot more fun as you unlock more vocation ranks and skills. Skills that suck dick at rank one can be amazing at rank 2 or 3, and a lot of stuff has more specific uses that may not seem clear to you right away (That stupid is spell Frazzle or whatever actually totally fucking ruins Saurians for example). Some classes are more fun than others, too. So once you find the one that clicks with you it's a total blast.

>>333592685
>"offline MMO"

The hell? Just because the optional side quests are "kill ___ of ___" doesn't make it play anything like an MMO. Besides, I would LOVE to have DDO over here.
>>
>>333597645

I think I might have come across poorly, what I mean is whether or not it's 'worth' dealing with the things needed to do stuff like model swaps and whatever. The 'high end modding' so to speak which is actually just very basic, but apparently it requires some shit that unpacks the entire game and then repack it? Basically my hard drive is tiny after installing DDDA (cheap SSD), so I'm a tad worried and also not sure if I wanna go through the whole Skyrim 15 hours of modding just to make my game look right before playing but getting burned out by the modding already. I'm also wondering how many ways can I possibly fuck up the game modding it like how most mod manager games can break very easily if you don't clean this do that.

TL;DR how easy/fast is it to mod DDDA?

>>333597851
Alright, guess I should grab that first if nothing else.
>>
> I didn't like a game I pirated but I made a thread about it with nothing to discuss

LOOK AT ME
LOOK
>>
>>333598138
He felt the need to inform the world of his super important opinions for the sake of it.
>>
>>333598113
Probably best to ask in the general, or look at some of the links. Thread's dead right now though
>>
>>333598768
Damn you're right.
>>
>>333599097
Should be more active later. Honestly wouldn't hurt to ask now anyway
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.