[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting out on this in time for dark souls 3. I have never played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: Bloodborne.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
Starting out on this in time for dark souls 3. I have never played these kind of games, any tips you guys can give?
>>
Glhf
>>
>>333586349
Play the game.
>>
>>333586349
Don't get hit
Hit thing until it dies
>>
>>333586349
don't be a retard who breaks controllers for the sake of le epic rage meme
>>
Make sure to look things up so you don't miss out on much your first playthrough.
>>
>>333586492
Literally don't do this. You'll regret it.
>>
I mean like upgrading weapons and best armor and stuff also what to expect.
>>
>>333586492
Don't listen to this faggot
>>
>>333586484
>that one guy that never plays souls games or anything hard
>starts DaS1
>omfg this game is so hard i destroyed my controller from the rage xD
>>
>>333586528
>>333586540
>play DaS1
>think second bell is in new londo
>starting gift ring with tiny hp boost is actually just a ruse for no fucking reason
>nobody tells you about iframes or parry frames
>nobody tells you about roll speeds

you have to minimally look some shit up. not major shit, not beating bosses, but a couple things are fine
>>
>>333586349
Do not listen this guy >>333586492
Worst advice possible for a souls game.
Just ask us about optional areas once you're pretty far in.
>>
>>333586721
>needing people to tell you about how dodging works
Or you could just find out by trial and error. It's not a thing that requires heavy studying
>>
>>333586752
i am in the nightmare frontier, but keeping getting wiped out by the amy boss thing.
>>
>>333586492
I stand by what I said. There are so many damn optional areas I didn't see the first time I played blind. I thought I was a good Explorer too but nope. Anon I would suggest you look up a text walk through and play along side that
>>
>>333586349
Go in blind. If you get stuck, don't ask /v/, google whatever you need. There's not much you can miss/fuck up. Come back and discuss once you're finished.
>>
>>333586874
Appreciate the help.
>>
>>333586349
Enjoy it
>>
I end up in the poison place in nightmare frontier, is there a armor that would help prevent all the poison?
>>
>>333586821
it is. i assumed it was about the animation, you'd have to roll way before the attack to actually have time to roll away. it's the complete opposite. you have to roll at the very last moment because the invincibility frames are at the beginning of the animation.
>>
Go with strength or skill for your first run
You don't need very much endurance
All weapons are unique so go ahead and upgrade one you like
Armor is mostly fashion and can't be upgraded so wear what looks cool

>>333587034

White church garb and some poison resist runes will help but there's only so much you can do. Trying to explore that place is pretty much a constant drain on your bloodviles.
>>
>>333586874
>text walk through
Fuck off with, if you play souls game literally only to brag about completion you should be hanged immediately.
>>333586831
That's one of the areas you can miss, one area you get a key for close to the end in some semi hidden 2nd floor, other you get a ticket/invitation for. Read their description when u get em, ask again if you don't understand where they're referring to.
>>
>>333586943
Now I feel bad. I was just trolling
>>
>>333586349
avoid arc and blt for your first playthrough

that's about it
>>
>>333587245
Thanks for the help
>>
>>333587275
Hah you had me. But thanks anyway.
>>
>>333587331
Jesus Christ. That's the only kind of completely unacceptable bait. Never do that again.
>>
>>333587583
What
>>
>>333587583
im OP. what do you mean?
>>
>>333587312
bolt is a good all around damage type brobro
>>
>>333587685
Meant this guy >>333587275 baiting with "text guides"
>>
>>333587875
i went with strength
>>
>>333587875
it doesn't matter

you need in depth knowledge to actually get good gems early such as what to farm and where and what elemental gems are loot piles in the world, and the sockets on the weapons you want to use

it's not something you ever want to do for a first playthrough
>>
>>333587986
>>333587805
Ain't easy posting fromy shitty phone
>>
>>333588030
I did and I figured it out. Had a lot of fun experimenting to. You faggots whine about casual games then an RPG comes along where you actually need to experiment to figure out the best item for you and people are afraid of it.
>>
>>333588107
i know the feels
>>
>>333588178
there are only a couple elemental gems as standard loot in the entire fucking game, and they all do shit damage

you'll have 1/3 of the gem % damage of any other build unless you not only know exactly where to get a specific gem for a specific slot, but also know what enemies to farm and when

you'd need to do early chalices in order to get decent gems too and then farm specific enemies in those chalices

you're not going to figure that out on a first playthrough without looking it up or having a shitty time
>>
>>333588178
Agree with this. So many people complained about bloodborne lacking "rpg elements " when it's way more complex and useful than the enchantment system of the other games. What people are probably trying to say is that bb lacks cosmetics customization
>>
>>333588342
>you'd need to do early chalices in order to get decent gems too and then farm specific enemies in those chalices
This is not a problem. Saying "you have to play part of the game" is not an issue to me. I did not have an aneurism because some of the optional areas were warped to. I did the chalices, completely of my own accord because I'm not a faggot who whined about them being randomly generated when they weren't.
>>
>>333588342
Elements aren't supposed to be all around stronger. You test elements on bosses to see if they're particularly weak to it.
>>
>>333586349
Here's a tip.

RUN
>>
>>333588451
chalices are an optional part of the game that many people completely skip

loran is not until depth 4

you would need to know what enemy to kill over and over again for specific gems in pthumeru

randomly picking an enemy to farm over and over again isn't just "experimenting"

>>333588524
that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about

you're not even going to have elemental gems at all if you're not thorough

the earliest gem can only be found after beating BSB and it's easy to miss
the next is found in the forest and it's also easy to miss, but it's also atk% so unless you already have an elemental gem it's useless
but then any weapon that you have that could slot it would have two radials, which means you would have to find an elemental radial, and that doesn't even exist in the main portion of the game

then there aren't any other elemental gems that could offer any decent damage until nightmare frontier or unseen village

in fact, any decent amount of damage is going to require radial elemental which you're not going to find at all unless you do chalices and accidentally find out which enemy drops them

otherwise you might have one waning bolt gem and the other two slots on your weapon are just wasted, so your damage is just fucking mediocre

arc is fucking terrible for a first playthrough
it's a huge headache for someone jumping in blind, and it's going to leave you miserable with no damage
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.