[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about this game ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: Fallout2.jpg (82 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2.jpg
82 KB, 600x600
What does /v/ think about this game ?
>>
Fucking gr8 cRPG. I liked 1 more, but still, easily one of my favorite games.
>>
its shit
>>
>>333584114

Shit

Inb4 nostalgia fags
>>
gudgamelad
>>
>>333584114
Great game

Inb4 le memefest game meme xD
>>
>>333584114
Dankest fallout ever made

U get the reference? xD
>>
bozar is best weapon fite me
>>
>>333586307
I played it recently and liked it.

Inb4 second hand nostalgia
>>
Good

Evil play through is very good

Too much pop culture, though
>>
>>333584114
great game
>>
File: f1game.jpg (482 KB, 1296x998) Image search: [Google]
f1game.jpg
482 KB, 1296x998
I'm playing the first one. When does it get good?
Also I'm always sacred of going into tight places, I heard that my followers can trap me permanently. Pic related, exploring the Maltese Falcon and looking to sell some of my gear, I don't know what my weight carry limit is but I'm at it.
>>
there were some great parts, but it was too lolsowhacky
>>
>>333589513
Toggle your character screen or inventory, it says your carry weight
In the hub you can sell your weapons at some stores to thr right of the Maltese Falcon and in the old town
>>
>>333584114
I want to like it, but I can't. At least F3/NV has pretty fun combat and context controls. If I get close to an NPC, I can talk to them normally with E, or I can sneak and pickpocket them with E. I don't have to switch mouse modes. Turning off combat is as easy as holding my Reload button (instead of just pressing it once) to put down my weapon.
it's the little quality of life things
>>
>>333586739
No.
>>
File: 1442807088638.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1442807088638.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>>333589848
>>
>game
>>
Apart from the pop culture references, it still hold up as a nice sequel with more of the same from the first game.
>>
>>333584114
It was the first real memegame.
So it does have its place in history. As a game it's okay. It's exactly like the first game so if you hate memes in games you should stick to that one instead.
>>
not enough explanation. you can fuck up too much and that's frustrating

>>333590291
it's like the borderlands 2 of video games. the first one was alright, but the sequel went way overboard with references. we get it, monty python made jokes that you liked, repeating them isn't funny
>>
>>333589848
>F3
>Cant even aim properly
The game was shit, just like 4
>>
>>333590291
What's a meme?

I thought I knew what it meant, but I don't think I do anymore.
>>
>>333590374
A thing that gets popular and repeated, and usually used in place of a real joke
>he's a bad mutha
>shut your mouth
>i'm only talkin' 'bout shaft
>i can dig it
how many different places have you heard that reference?
>>
File: KroySquare.jpg (53 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
KroySquare.jpg
53 KB, 288x288
>>333590374
The dankest meme
>>
>>333590374
A subtle reference to something else. A repeated joke. Something very simple that is supposed to administer an emotion in the reciever.
Every person has their definition of what a meme is.
>>
>>333590457
I was frequently told to shut my mouth as a child by my parents. Fucking memeshitters.
>>
>>333589513

It starts good and stays there.

Not for you, it seems.
>>
>>333590601
This meme was amazing and some say it's odler than the internet itself. People would put it in the hardest to reach places on earth.
>>
>>333584114
Great game made better by Restoration project mod
>>
>>333590689
You're purposfully being retarded just to pretend like you've got some semblance of an argument. Maybe you really do need to shut your fucking mouth.
Repeating something isn't a meme. Your parents telling you what to do isn't a meme. When something is popular and repeated on such a massive scale? Like "the cake is a lie" is a meme. You being an idiot who never learns and being repeatedly told so isn't a meme.
>>
More goofy than the first but still very, very good.
>>
>>333590620
>subtle
not needed. just a popular reference, and most of the time it's blatant. You'll see a lot of "monty python memes" like the spanish inquisition or rodents of unusual size or holy hand grenades or it's just a flesh wound repeated across the world in various things. Those are memes
>>
>>333590835
>Restoration project mod
The mod where the author didn't document his changes to Unarmed combat because he felt "unarmed doesn't make sense in the fallout setting" so he nerfed it and hit it because he knew people would be mad that this guy thinks he knows balance.
>>
>>333591003
i don't really care, anon. i never went unarmed anyway.
>>
File: 1410158719479.jpg (28 KB, 350x332) Image search: [Google]
1410158719479.jpg
28 KB, 350x332
>>333590894
The fuck? I was just having a giggle m8, I'm not arguing with you.

Are all your conversations this... proportionate?
>>
>>333590942
It might be subtle to some. A person who has never seen the holy grail might think that the game is full of original and whimsical writing.
>>
>>333591003
How doesn't unarmed make sense?
>>
>>333591262
Because we have arms.
>>
>>333591285
I mean how does it not make sense in the setting?

Like you said people have arms and there's power fists and brass knuckles.
>>
>>333591352
You said UNarmed and I just... I don't know. I'm going to bed.
>>
>>333591003
That is quite shitty, especially considering they added different unarmed moves and even an arena thing in that chinese town.

Any mods that fix that erronious error?
>>
>combat is slow as fuck, don't even try to tell me you didn't set combat speed to max
>camera is shit whenever you go into enclosed spaces or tunnels because the X-ray thing barely shows anything more than a single space away from your character, just look at >>333589513 for god's sake
>AGI is broken as fuck, having 7 or less is like doing a pacifist run except you're too useless to even run from fights
>speaking of running from fights, when enemies do it they can run off-screen and become impossible to target. If you're playing a melee build then there's a good chance that you can't catch up with them and attack on the same turn, also they can go on exit tiles and become unreachable. If you try to exit combat the game will pull you back in just so they can keep running from you off-screen.
>menus are bad; inventory puts all your items in a single column and only shows you a few at a time, you can't sort it to find specific items or anything either. I constantly dreaded having to use caps while I shopped because it meant holding down m1 in three-to-five second bursts for a goddamn year.
>crits going through armor means pretty much anyone can deal lethal damage to anyone, meaning you better quicksave before every fight and be prepared to savescum regularly
>temple of trials
>>
>>333591581
>combat is slow as fuck, don't even try to tell me you didn't set combat speed to max
I put at least 40 hours into F1 and F2 and I never knew there was a way to speed up combat. Regardless I wouldn't do it anyways cause I actually like the death scenese and such.

Not gonna read the rest of that post though. So have a (you)
>>
I played like 60 hours of it recently with the restoration project content

shit was amazing

tfw blazing trails through the desert in your souped up car
>>
>>333591708
>those yellow hobos with shitload of action points in slow combat
>>
>>333589513

>i heard that my followers can trap me

If I remember right, they added a feature to have your companions move out of your way when they block a doorway or something. Try right clicking them.
>>
File: TPSReports.jpg (27 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
TPSReports.jpg
27 KB, 175x175
>>333584114
>Start game
>melee/speech build
>ants
>miss miss miss miss miss
>"You have died"
>wow cool game

>first quest
>druggy's garden
>plants with way to much hp
>miss miss miss miss
>"You have died"
>fucking nostalgia goggle trash

>Leave starting area
>some fuckstick ooga booga
>You no chosen one, me chosen one, you die now
>3vs1
>Miss miss miss miss
>"You have died"
>alt + F4
nice game fedoras
>>
>>333591581
>>speaking of running from fights, when enemies do it they can run off-screen and become impossible to target. If you're playing a melee build then there's a good chance that you can't catch up with them and attack on the same turn, also they can go on exit tiles and become unreachable. If you try to exit combat the game will pull you back in just so they can keep running from you off-screen.

Get the perk that adds special actionpoints strictly for movement. at rank 2 you get 4 free movement every turn.
>>
>>333591757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcuc_y70lb0
glorious
>>
File: POWERFIST.png (1 MB, 1600x1050) Image search: [Google]
POWERFIST.png
1 MB, 1600x1050
>>333591497
The modder was right.
A person with a weapon the can deal a metric ton of pressure damge should not be considered "unarmed".
>>
>>333591784
You're not using the spear in your inventory, you have shit luck, or you're incapable of playing video games.
>>
>>333591804
Oftentimes even that isn't enough to fix it.
>>
>>333591262
His excuse is that the game needs to be realistic, and realistically, unarmed doesn't stand a chance against melee, guns, or energy weapons. In his mind, you can't suspend your disbelief about that, but you can suspend your disbelief about other things like not having to empty your bowels.
So, through all the work he did, it's for nothing, because of one little change he adds in that you can't remove. I wanted to play restored content, but not from a jew like that
>>
>>333592054
>spear
miss miss miss
>shit luck
everyone has shit luck, that's the point of the beginning of the game, it makes you tailor your character to this way to have even a decent time of it
>incapable
unwilling to force my character to be something I don't want it to just to get through the tutorial stages
>>
>>333591761
Jet is a hell of a drug.
>>
File: 1405717856671.png (156 KB, 591x441) Image search: [Google]
1405717856671.png
156 KB, 591x441
>>333592473
>miss miss miss
worked on my machine
>>
>>333592473
>not tagging melee
That's the only explanation I can see for you missing constantly, that or you put points into charisma and not agility like an idiot.
>>
>>333591003
I've done an unarmed playthrough on the Restoration project and didn't have any issues, what were the changes?
>>
File: h234789h.png (101 KB, 357x441) Image search: [Google]
h234789h.png
101 KB, 357x441
>>333592275
>but you can suspend your disbelief about other things like not having to empty your bowels.

While not a function in the game per say that is not entierly true.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.