[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was more disappointing, MGSV or Pokemon X/Y?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6
File: v.jpg (988 KB, 1800x1080) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
988 KB, 1800x1080
What was more disappointing, MGSV or Pokemon X/Y?
>>
mgs5
gz hyped me up so much.
>>
I don't know how shit XY is, but nothing in the world will ever top MGS V
>>
MGSV by far. X and Y was just another pokemon
>>
MGSV
fucking horseface
>>
metalik arkeeyaaa...? bocal parocite..?
>>
You posting traced fanart
>>
mgsv, nobody cares about modern pokemon
>>
>>333583803
x/y was more disappointing. Metal gear is known for being garbage
>>
MGSV

X/Y is shit, but at least it's complete

both games are the second worse in the series (gen 1 being worse for pokemon, peace walker being worse for MGSV)
>>
>>333583803
Spore
>>
MGS5. Pokemon is the same fucking game every single time so I don't why anyone would be disappointed with what they got there.
>>
>>333583803
You mean ORAS
>>
>>333584293
>peace walker being worse for MGSV
>PW
>when MGS4, PO, MG1 and MG: Snake's Revenge exist
>>
>>333584541
MGS4 is far better than PW

PO is not canon who cares

MG and MG: SR =/= MGS
>>
>>333584629
>MGS4 is far better than PW
That's REALLY debatable especially if we consider PW's scope.

>PO is not canon who cares
PO is still a Metal Gear Solid game, wether or not it's canon.

>MG and MG: SR =/= MGS
Fair enough, but they're still part of the Metal Gear series.
>>
>>333583803
>Being disappointed for pokemon when the formula has been the same since the franchise started
>Not being disappointed by a game that shows extreme promise in a demo

Lelelo
/v/ is gay i am the coolest, fuck you reddit
>>
>>333584759
no it's not debatable, MGS4 shits on PW in every aspect gameplay mechanics, level design, bosses, and even story (mgs4 was a mess, but PW was straight garbage, it has the worst take on deterrence i've ever seen)

can't argue with you on that that's personal preference, I was thinking of the canon games when I wrote my original post though
>>
>>333584887
Yes, it is. PW was something you're supposed to play while taking a shit or commuting on public transportation and it was excellent for that, while the only really good part of MGS4 was MGO2.

>it has the worst take on deterrence i've ever seen
It's the only game in the series that mentions (and questions) the nuclear umbrella.
>>
>>333585018
>it was excellent for that

brain dead AI and tiny area structures is not good for stealth, ever. The only bad part of MGS4 was chapter 3

>only game that mentions the nuclear umbrella

and it fails spectacularly at it
>>
>>333585154
I see I'm having a conversation with a brick wall.
>>
>>333585276
I'm just having a hard time seeing how you can enjoy PW more, any of it's high points are dragged down by it's very, very low points for me
>>
>>333585350
Because, as I fucking said, it's a game meant to be played for the purpose of killing time when taking a shit or commuting on trains. And it's perfect for that. While MGS4 fails spectacularly at making use of its really good gameplay and the story is almost as much of a trainwreck as PW. How is that hard to understand?
>>
>>333585467
my argument is that designing a stealth game to be played for very short periods of time is fucking retarded

it's also counter-intuitive when the game has super bullet sponge bosses that take forever to kill even with upgraded shit. It also had you visiting the same small shitty areas over and over again.
>>
>>333585579
Not who you're arguing with, but I ended up loving PW. The amount of mission variety alone is astounding. And in case you hit me with a quality > quantity argument, I thought they were all quality as well.
>>
>>333584479
This.
>>
>>333583803
MGSV.

Way to end a series on a shit note.
>>
>>333585798
orals is better than xy and it is scientifically proven
>>
I never played Pokemon X/Y, but even if it's 10 times worse than every other Pokemon game, it doesn't come near the level of disappointing MGSV was.
>>
Pokemon. HG/SS was a step in the right direction and B2/W2 improved everything, so X and Y were promising as fuck. Then it started. Shit graphics, shit music, shit gameplay, the megaevolutions mess, all in the game being so absolutely dull, pointless, annoying and lacking in all aspects.
>>
>>333586051
not fair, comparing a remake/second game to a first game in a gen

X/Y is still bad tho
>>
XY wasn't disappointing at all for the first of a generation. They're pretty much always mediocre, it's always the releases after in a generation that are actually remarkable. Anyone expecting anything better than "okay" was either delusional or doesn't follow the series that closely.

ORAS would be a better choice if you wanna bring up a Pokemon game, since it could've been much better than it was if it carried over a few more things from Emerald than it did, or if it fixed some of XY's engine problems with framerate, though from what I hear the latter wasn't really possible with the visual style they want.

>>333585921
A much better game, though it's still more disappointing.
>>
>>333583803
X/Y. At the very least MGSV made some amazing gameplay strides. Meanwhile Game Freak still don't know how to fucking code after all these years.

Shoutout to OP for having similar tastes/acknowledging shitty games
>>
where were you when game freak lied about the Battle Frontier coming soon
>>
>>333586634
this is what kills me

ORAS would be the best pokemon game if they included emerald's battle frontier, even as DLC

but these fuck tards couldn't even do that right
>>
>>333583803

X/Y is fails to be a good pokemon game

MGSV fails to be a MGS game in general
>>
>>333586395

are you a 6.5 fag?
>>
>>333586895
New Pokemon in Mainline = New Generation

I'm expecting SM to be "okay" at best as well. But at least I get new Pokemon to play around with. That's the only thing that really pulls up the beginning of a generation in enjoyability.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459677722692.jpg (31 KB, 663x663) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459677722692.jpg
31 KB, 663x663
>>333583803
Nothing could ever, ever eclipse the disappointment left in me by MGSV. Every trailer, teaser, and gameplay video made it look like it could be the messiah of gaming; the swan song of the Metal Gear series, finally wrapping up the story and showing Big Boss's descent into madness. What we got was filler twists and unfinished garbage. I've never been so angry and depressed by a video game in my entire life.Fuck Kojima and fuck Konami for releasing this unfinished mess.
>>
>>333587192
B/W were really good as standalones though, as were G/S

hopefully this will follow
>>
>>333587383
I felt BW1 wasn't really up to stuff to any of the "later" releases in the prior two generations, but at the least it added a ton of general polish. I think it's fairly likely that's the direction they'll go for again, rather than focus on game-shaking new mechanics like DP and XY had as the first titles on their systems with the Phys/Spec move split and Mega Evolutions. We'll see though.
>>
>>333587795
I really liked the seasons in B/W

it's a shame they arn't in 6 and probably won't be in 7 due to the tropical region
>>
>>333587919
I like that the region was generally pretty uniform in presentation to work with the seasons system. I really disliked the whole compass direction season climate thing Kalos had going on, south spring, west summer, north fall, east winter. Made the region feel very disjointed.
>>
>>333588132
agreed
>>
plot twist, both of them were good
>>
MGS with Pokemon you can't really say you expected something ground breaking? While MGSV had so much hyping it and expectations only for things to be cut short.
>>
>>333583803
>MGSV
>supposed to be the missing link between 60s MGS and modern MGS
>hyped up by trailers to basically be the second coming of Christ in gaming form
>probably the last game in the saga, everyone is expecting it to go out with a bang
>Kojima and KojiPro are behind it, so it basically cannot fail

>Pokemon X/Y
>sixteenth iteration of the same game for kids where you catch colorful looking beasts with your pokeybawls

Gee fucking whiz, I wonder.
>>
>>333587197
>made it look like it could be the messiah of gaming
Sounds like you overhyped it yourself.

Not saying the game doesn't have faults - it absolutely does - but when you start thinking something is the fucking 'messiah of gaming' you need to take a step back.

This is coming from someone who has what is essentially their ideal game being made right now and it looks set to be fantastic. I accept that it can and likely will have some degree of issues.
>>
>>333583803
nah,I don't think any pokemon ever let down its fans.So I'll go with MGSV
>>
>>333584127
>>333584262
>nobody cares about modern pokemon
Which is why it's a DS seller. Fuck off ignoramus.
>>333584479
This, they had time to make this shit good and cockteased us with the battle frontier.
>>
>>333588901
the entirety of generation 6 was a let down

it's hilarious how much they fucked up the remakes, they have less content than emerald
>>
I'll never understand the "MGSV was a bad game" meme.
>>
>>333583803
(You) when your mother gave birth to (you)
>>
Metal Gear Solid by far
>>
you have to be hyped for mgs5, none of you faggots were, no matter how much you shitpost, you were all more hyped for something like dayz where you fags would post every fucking day of the week about how amazing it is

the only ppl that posted about mgs pre release were bandwagoning pc plebs who never actually played the series before
>>
>>333589401
Well, you have to play it first. And ideally play 1 through Peace Walker before that.
>>
>>333589508
>play mgs 1, 2, 3 & PW
>play GZ, play again on PC
>get hopeful
>play MGSV, begins okay early gameplay is fun
>get 9000 gadgets, enemies never get harder like PW
>story goes to shit after miller rescue and just gets worse
yeah nah your a cunt
>>
>>333589873
>get 9000 gadgets

Maybe in Peace Walker. V had some different ones but most of them are useless and can't even work as novelty items.

All in all it's still baffling to me how they've managed to take every motherbase-related system from PW and somehow made it worse in V. Outer Ops, as one example out of many, are straight up unfinished.
>>
>>333583803
MGS5
>>
>>333583803
MGS V

What expectation did people have for Pokemon?
That it'd be fun.

What expectation did people have for MGS V?
That it'd be a fucking love letter and a final goodbye to the series.

It still hurts.
>>
I cried at the end, literally in frustration and realization, "THATS IT?"

Something died inside of me that day
>>
>>333589401
>just because I disagree with something, it's a meme
wew lad
>>
>>333586051
>Shit graphics, shit music, shit gameplay, all in the game being so absolutely dull, pointless, annoying and lacking in all aspects.
But we aren't talking about HGSS.

>>333589241
>they had time to make this shit good
Are you dumb? What time? It's exactly because it was rushed that it doesn't contain everything. Just like XY itself. Dunno if it was either TPC or Nintendo itself making pressure, but both games were clearly rushed. Just the fact that they got out a decent product is enough.
>>
>>333589508
Thanks for talking for all of us, m8

There where thousand threads and the fans literally a week or two before release joked around with Medic Snake.

Gee Whizz look what happened, i am mad that /v/ was right
>>
>>333589401
You would understand if you had some standards
>>
>>333583803
MGSV was more disappointing only because of how hyped I was. X/Y wasn't a big deal because my expectations were low from the start.
>>
I had absolutely no expectations for X/Y and hadn't played a Pokemon game since Silver/Gold, so I enjoyed X/Y.

I cosplayed for MGSV's release and was counting down the days for it. It was one of the biggest fucking disappointments of my adult life, for real.
>>
>>333583803
MGSV by far.

Pokemon X/Y was always just going to be another rehash on crappy hardware (I have both games)

MGSV was supposed to be the GOTYAY. The best game since the 90's. The hype levels were off the charts. Still ended up fun to play through once, but it seems not even a fraction as good as it should have been.
>>
>>333588597
What game?
>>
>Game is supposed to be about the "Missing Link" between MGS3/Peace Walker and Metal Gear 1/Solid.
>Doesn't have Gray Fox, despite that he's a fan favorite
>Shoehorns in Revolver Ocelot
>Shoehorns in Quiet, a character that is "optional" and supposed to have a backstory that will make you be ashamed of your words and deeds, but just comes off as awkward and waifu bullshit
>Replace voice actor that most MGS fans are attached to to replace with Hollywood B-List Actor, THEN underutilizes said actor
>Game is supposed to have 'serious themes', but inserts a robot that is even more fucking ridiculous than any of the previous Metal Gears, "Vocal Chord Parasites" instead of Nanomachines, and does next to nothing with the Child Soldiers
>Only had two areas, Desert and Jungle
>These two areas are largely empty, and don't have fighting factions like in MGS4 when it was set up in the story that this could be possible
>There are virtually no boss battles
>Brings back Volgin for no reason
>Doesn't show Big Boss making any "evil" decisions as advertised
>Hand-waving bullshit explanation for Psycho Mantis being both in the game and his powers being used by other people
>Liquid Snake & Psycho Mantis steal Metal Gear and CUT CONTENT never explains what happens
>You don't even get to fucking play as Big Boss, instead get some pandering bullshit about how "Big Boss is you all along!"

Easily one of the worst fucking games I've ever played story-wise. I'm ashamed I was so excited about it. Something in me died that day.
>>
File: 1391000054331.jpg (86 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1391000054331.jpg
86 KB, 1024x576
Pokemon XY just lacked post game content, and actually it's biggest sin was to reveal almost fucking everything before release we only had like maybe 10 new Pokemon surprised at release everything else was officially released, ORAS went even further and revealed 100% of the new content before release

BUT in it's defense it added the best online for Pokemon, it's almost MMO-like,e asy to use and fast to connect at any point
Also made breeding easy as fuck so the online community grew a lot since it's release, making cheating almost more of a chore than doing stuff legally, outside of legendaries and events (god I hate events, the softreseting is insane) so anyone can jump into the competitive part after doing some research. Unlike past games where it was pure RNG bullshit where you had to offer 3 virgins for one Pokemon in maybe 2 weeks of breeding.

As for MSGV, the gameplay is fucking godlike, and I loved to just get in into every place just to extract an entire base without anyone noticing me, but the overall story was really shallow and for me, no bosses was the biggest letdown as well as that "ending" In the end I cared more for side missions and upgrading my base rather than keep playing the story
>>
Mgs v

Poke was the same game yet again and you kids lap it up

For shame
>>
Pokken.
>>
>>333591445
>Doesn't have Gray Fox, despite that he's a fan favorite
Stopped reading there. His character already got butchered in Port Ops.
>>
>>333591660
non canon
>>
File: 1338753956228.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1338753956228.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>Snake Eater with MGSV gameplay never
>>
>>333591445
The potentiality was out the roof. To bad they stepped on so many landmines of mistakes making this game. It is honestly more like a open world spin off.
>>
>>333591687
That's how bad it was. It leeched into the canon series.
>>
I can't remember a game even close to as disappointing as MGSV was.

No... nobody was hyped about Pokemon. It was just the newest vessel to play the series on. Pokemon games are good, cheap mobile time wasters. There isn't anything special about the gameplay or the story. Just a barebones RPG fighting system.

Try to watch the old trailers for MGSV, and not feel like you've been punched in the gut. Kojima and Konami really blew it. MGSV was the chosen one.
>>
>>333591445
Oh, I forgot
>Mother Base doesn't really mean anything for the game, completely under-utilized
>No Co Op, even though PW had Co Op and there's not really any reason why there couldn't be
>Those fucking rehash missions in Chapter 2
>The chopper can't take you from one LZ to another while in Afghanistan or Africa, despite that you can do this in Mother Base
>Every fucking mission has intro credits AND outro credits
>"Free Roam" doesn't mean anything because there's basically nothing to do outside of missions anyway.
>>
I hyped myself up too much for MGSV. I'm not a massive Pokemon fan but I still enjoyed X/Y.
>>
>>333591563
>and actually it's biggest sin was to reveal almost fucking everything before release we only had like maybe 10 new Pokemon surprised at release everything else was officially released, ORAS went even further and revealed 100% of the new content before release
You could've just ignored it.
>>
>>333592273
>The chopper can't take you from one LZ to another while in Afghanistan or Africa,
I actyally think that MSGV is a good game that was hyped to much, but holy shit THIS I HATED THIS
>>
>>333591660
That wasn't canon, and also they easily could have redeemed him. There was no reason for him to not be in the game whatsoever OTHER THAN Kojima spent too much fucking time trying to fuck Joosten and gave her a way bigger part than she needed because her character was worthless. It would've been fine if there would have been BOTH of them in there because it would have made sense for Big Boss to be leading basically the original version of FOXHOUND with multiple people having special "abilities", but nope. Some dumb bitch who doesn't talk and doesn't have any clothes because muh photosynthesis.

Fuck Kojima. Story-wise this game is as bad as Phantom Menace. I'm glad that fucking hack is gone. I hope he gets fired from Sony, too, for taking 3/4 of a decade to make another inexplicably unfinished game. Yeah, I know that part is partly Konami but he had time and money and he blew it on nonessential bullshit.
>>
>>333590097
>5 years
>not enough time
>>
File: 1455011995868.jpg (180 KB, 780x481) Image search: [Google]
1455011995868.jpg
180 KB, 780x481
>>333592362
>You could've just ignored it.
Do you realize how hard it is to do this for Pokemon?
You are asking me to go into the mountains months before release
And holy shit the game leaking early made everything just harder to ignore, people posted leaks fucking everywhere, heck I got spoiled in a MMO chat taht i tried to escape into
>>
>>333592517
I've been on /v/ for a lot of pokemon game releases and I've never been spoiled, the only safe place are single player games
>>
>>333592484
>Muh fanservice
>Muh headcanon

Could have made sense if it weren't for the fact Grey Fox didn't have any special abilities, but hey.

Don't you have a fan project to gravel and cough your way through, Hayter?
>>
MGSV of course. Pokemon can't really disappoint too much and it doesn't pretend like it's game of the century material. MGSV was just shockingly bad and everybody should be worried about just how shit the writing will be in Kojima's new game if he couldn't even make his waifu interesting.
>>
File: 4xw.png (15 KB, 182x211) Image search: [Google]
4xw.png
15 KB, 182x211
Pokemon XY

I have no investment in Metal Gear Solid so Ppkemon loses by default despite me having low expectations of it to start with.
>>
>>333592517
>Do you realize how hard it is to do this for Pokemon?
Not really much. Getting spoiled by unthinkable sources is unavoidable, sure.

But i and 3 of my friends only see the starters and cover legendaries.

One of those three evens started doing it as soon as fourth gen. Like, i started doing it with gen 6, and it wasn't hard. This guy outright refused to follow Pokemon news until he had the game inside his console, every time. Just avoid the sites you know contain that kind of information and if you get "trolled" in a place you couldn't suspect, well too bad i guess.

>>333592512
>5 years are enough time when you're making 2 other games in the meantime
No.
>>
>>333592893
>Defending the pile of garbage that is MGSV
>Trying to hand-wave valid criticisms by calling it "fanservice" and "headcanon"
Nice buzzwords, you gonna call me a cuck or an autist, too? Big Boss NOT meeting Gray Fox in Africa is actually a retcon, not just my headcanon or fanservice. And he would've been a much better character than fucking Quiet or Bizzaro Revolver Ocelot.
>>
>>333594365
>Bizzaro Revolver Ocelot.
What happened to Ocelot in this game should be enough to make anyone happy Kojima can't touch it again. Now that I think about it
>MGS4 Ocelot is brainwashed for nearly the entire game
>PW Ocelot isn't even mentioned by name
>MGSV
I'm starting to feel like Fukushima invented Ocelot or something.
>>
>>333592512
>5 years
anon.. what the fuck
>>
>Having to compare MGSV to just another Pokemon game in order to get the wall of desired responses he wants

Will the memers and Fuku-nuts ever give up?
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.