[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Hey, I think I might be fun to replay DMC4" >get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: dice.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dice.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>"Hey, I think I might be fun to replay DMC4"
>get to this shit
>delete off of HDD
>>
you know you can rig it right
>>
probably the worst artificial lengthening I've ever seen
>>
>>333583284
Literally some of the fucking worst level design in a game I've ever seen.

Shame because the combat is fucking fun as hell. But the levels are such a damn slog.
>>
>if you don't know the trick, it can take 10+ minutes
>if you know the trick, it is a slow, dull "press Buster at the right time" thing for 2-3 minutes
Maybe if it was each side spawns a wave and you have to roll up to 20-30, just anything another than the monotonous BS that they went with.
>>
>>333583284
This is going to be in nier 2, I'm sure of it
>>
>>333585726
What gives you that idea?
>>
>>333583509
>>333585647
what is the trick?
>>
>>333583284
you can get the number you want by doing blast off and you get the number that is showing on the top.
>>
>>333585817
Perform a Buster, and the top face number is what will get rolled, dunno if >>333585825 works too
>>
>>333585825
the dice cycles the same pattern over and over too
2-5-3-4...repeat or whatever the fuck it is
>>
>play DMC 4SE
>play on DKM as nero
>still have to get all the upgrades and DT in the games story line
>same with dante with his weapons

wish you could just unlock that shit from the get go.
>>
>>333585865

any attack. Dante can do it as well. I would always fire my gun personally
>>
>Yfw this scene
>>
>>333586007
>>333585865
>>333585825
It doesn't seem to work on the hardest difficulties, but yeah, any attack will do. Guns are the best because they're the fastest to connect.
>>
>>333586353

You sure? At least vanilla DMC4 I did S rank on all hardest difficulties and don't recall this being an issue. I wouldn't have easily gotten S rank for time if I had to rely on dice
>>
>>333586353
you doing it wrong.
>>
>>333585817
Hit the dice when the number you want is on top, just aim for the highest number possible that won't stop on an enemy pad, and you should get past it pretty quickly.
>>
>>333583284
In SE they fixed this by making any standard attack cause the die to land on the side it was on when attacked.
>>
>>333585949
This. Just learn the order of the dice and the rhythm and it's fucking simple.
>>
>>333586353
It works same on all difficulties. The thing is, don't aim for the number you need, aim for the number before it, as your reactions+the slowness of your attack means that the die will change once before the attack hits.
>>
>>333589025
It worked like that in the original too.
>>
File: 45245234.jpg (18 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
45245234.jpg
18 KB, 400x225
>>333583284
>playing Darksiders
>fun intense sections of action
>followed by long boring puzzleshit
>getting close to the end
>get pic related
>instantly uninstalled

I could handle some of the other shit but fuck no, I'm not playing budget portal in a hack n slash game

This pisses me off so much, I love the combat but its filled with faggy puzzles
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.