[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i recently bought D2 SotFS and i'm having trouble with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: dark-soul-2.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark-soul-2.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
So i recently bought D2 SotFS and i'm having trouble with the first Pursuer boss battle. I know i'm supposed to parry him and then shoot him with the giant crossbow but i just can't seem to do it! Is there anyone out there who plays on PC that wants to play Co-op with me and maybe teach me to become a better player and help me kill the pursuer. If you're intrested leave your Steam ID here.
>>
in dark soul 3 the final boss is the player himself
>>
>>333581006
You literally just roll.
>>
>>333581006
>I know i'm supposed to parry him and then shoot him with the giant crossbow

No you're not. Dodge his easy peasy attacks then attack after. He only has 3 moves.
>Charge towards you, easy as fuck to roll behind him then attack
>1-3 swings: if he does all 3, it's super easy to roll under him while he does his anime spin, then attack. If not just dodge and do nothing
>Cursing stab: roll far away, then come back for a huge window
>>
>>333581006
weird, I remember beating him no problem and didn't even used the crossbow, just dodge and attack when you have the chance
>>
>>333581006
roll near the fog gate and then run to the artillery

that boss would of been cool if the arena you fight him in wasn't retarded
>>
When he charges, roll to his left, your right, then turn around and attack two times. Dodge everything else.
>>
>>333581326
sometimes he does a stab after the 3 swing combo
>>
>>333581006
Use the Buckler shield you fucking faggot, it`s got a long parry animation.

Stupid cunt, git gud
>>
>>333581006
>leave my sign for co-op
>attacking bitch ass ´pursuer like a pro
>faggot summoner uses the crossbow and kills me while my attention is on the pursuer

Fucking fags. If they were to summon me again I just would stay at the door after they entered and return to my world.
>>
>>333581326
You don't have to roll away on cursed stab.
>>
>>333581006
>I know i'm supposed to parry him and then shoot him with the giant crossbow
You're suppose to get his health bar to 0. Just hit him until he dies.
>>
>>333581326
You don't even have to dodge the charge you can just walk to the right of him and he misses everytime
>>
Its simple, take off your armor until you are under 40% and two hand your weapon, then dodge everything and attack him.

Don't get greedy or impatient with your swings and he will die in a few mins.

Also to do the crossbow no need to parry him, just strafe back and forth so he charges you, roll under him and run and fire the thing
>>
>>333581006
Can you even parry the Pursuer? I never tried, and I've played through the game like 10 times.
>>
>>333584776
He's the easiest boss to parry. Every move but the stab can be parried.
>>
Just toss fire bombs at him.
>>
>>333581006
GIT GUD
>>
>>333581006
>parry pursuer
wut
>>
>>333581006
If this isn't b8 get naked two hand your weapon and just roll until you learn his pattern then hit him in his opening. If you're struggling with him I don't know how you'll beat the game
>>
>>333581006
I've never bothered with parry or the crossbow against Pursuer. Dodge his 3-4 attack patterns and just hit him when he's standing there doing nothing between attacks.
>>
>pursuer
>difficult

all you have to do is hug his shield arm and roll when he swings horizontally

git gud
>>
>>333585284
Huh. Always seemed more practical to just roll around him. He's a slow telegraphed fucker with barely any moves to learn.
>>
>>333586497
With a parry you can get in 5-6 good hits before he recovers, then just parry again.

Both methods work well, parrying just gets the job done a little faster.
>>
I will never understand people who don't parry in ds.

It's like you're given all these tools and you willingly use only one or two of them

Hold up the shield, strafe around for days, R1 spam, estus

Wow!
>>
>>333587135
>Using a shield

Wow!
>>
File: 1435090476136.png (2 KB, 347x257) Image search: [Google]
1435090476136.png
2 KB, 347x257
>>333587135
>Hold up the shield
>shield
>>
>>333581006
Stay inside. When he attacks, roll to the right.
That's literally it.
>>
It's fucking impossible! I've tried everything. I suck at this game. I can't fucking do it. It's frustrating cuz i just wanna get my damn souls and move on. Someone please just play co op with me.
>>
I didn't have too much trouble with him but I was also a mage and just magic'd his ass after rolling away from his attacks.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.