[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>put a launcher in your game >can't combo from it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: anime game.jpg (410 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
anime game.jpg
410 KB, 1920x1080
>put a launcher in your game
>can't combo from it
why would someone do something like this?
>>
>>333580668
>single person indi dev
That's why, give them time.
>>
>>333580821
there's no excuse for not being able to combo from a launcher. that's basic action game stuff.
>>
>>333581052
Then go let them know how to rig/animate/program so they can fix it.
>>
>>333581127
>trying to make it sound like a fix would take actually effort
other characters have launches in their basic combo that lets them keep attacking. they don't have to rework their whole game to make it possible. they just need to not be bad.
>>
>>333581356
>the I have no idea what I'm talking about
As I said, if you know how to rig/animate/program go let them know. Especially with it being so easy to just create the animation for you and then program it into the engine to continue the pattern after what every XYZ combo you enter.
>>
>>333581452
>rig
there's nothing to rig
>animate
there's nothing to animate
>program
player.combo=true

I don't know why you're trying to excuse such a basic mistake. it's like making a shooter where you can't manually reload.
>>
>>333581628
>nothing to rig
Rigs have to be adjusted based on animation modifications
>there is nothing to animate
Moving the character from one pose to the next requires a between animation to be called. So yes there is something that requires to be animated as the jumping/falling animation is different from the standing animation
>program
>player.combo=true
Autism, please never go to /g/ or /3/
>>
>>333581760
>Rigs have to be adjusted based on animation modifications
there's no modification to make
>Moving the character from one pose to the next requires a between animation to be called.
there's no need for an inbetween. all you have to do is let the player attack immediately. you can already use your ranged attack after it, just make it so you can do light and heavy attacks the same way.
>>
>>333581916
>lets just have the character stand still
>no walking animation
>no running animation
>but if they push a button they can do damage
>>
>>333581990
>walking/running
you do know what a launcher is, right? you also did see the pic, right? the character is in the air along with the enemy.

and even if it was on the ground, there are already run/walk animations in the game and you can already cancel out of some things under certain circumstances. needing to make an inbetween isn't necessary at all.
>>
>>333582180
>I have no idea how animation work
>I have no clue how collisions work
>I have no clue what rigging is
Please just stop.
>>
>>333582241
>animation
already in the game, they don't have to do anything
>collision
also already in the game
>rigging
see above
>>
>>333582371
>animation already in the game
>he thinks punching animation is separate from the rest of the animation
It doesn't work like that.
>>
>>333582438
yes it does work like that.

unless you just fucked up, but to fuck that up you would have to be trying to fuck up.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.