[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Assassin's Creed main games in order (First being the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: ac.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ac.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
Best Assassin's Creed main games in order (First being the best, last being the worst) (Opinions)
Mine:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Unity
>>
File: 1400810017160.jpg (18 KB, 379x374) Image search: [Google]
1400810017160.jpg
18 KB, 379x374
There's something distinctly off about this post but I can't quite put my finger on it.
>>
>>333580028
>AC3 with more boats and worse on foot combat edition the best

I want this contrarian meme to die
>>
>>333580152
Black Flag was popular on /v/ because it was less AssCreed than before. The series is stale and the gameplay is shit. Hold shift to parkour, press E to instant kill everyone. People only liked the setting because pirates. Even the sailing itself wasn't very deep so I quit before finishing and the ground combat was normal AssCreed that plodded through just to get back to sailing.
>>
AC 2
AC Brotherhood
AC Syndicate
AC 4 Black Flag
AC 1
AC Rogue
AC Unity
AC Revelations
AC 3
Damn they made a lot of these
>>
>>333580028
AC3 (good combat, decent story, fun missions, decent side activities)

AC2 (gameplay solid, story is hanging in, introduces 100 cool new things)

AC1 ( idk probably purely out of nostalgia)

AC Brotherhood (AC2, with some cool tweaks, story starts going to shit, modern day story no longer interests me, prehuman race thing is cliche and gay as fuck)

AC Revelations (honestly I barely remember the story here, the modern bits were easily the worst in the series, but the gameplay with brutal kills and bombs was aite)

AC Black Flag (idk where the hype comes from. Pirate ship thing was cool, but it only takes 2-3 hours before your sailing an unstoppable fuck machine and just raiding ships doing the same fucking mini objectives, all the missions are follow and eavesdrop, not even an assassin for 75% of the game, little to no free running, story is who the fuck cares why am I killing this guy I've completely lost interest, the machine was a cool idea and crazy sage wasn't bad, then there is the combat. They nerfed AC3 combat, less weapons sub or main, less control, less skill, less animations...wtf were they thinking. I will say the DLC with the big black fool was maybe the best AC DLC in the series I'll never forgive AC3 devs for not doing Burr conspiracy into war of 1812, but instead doing an "it was all a dream" I mean fuck you with that bullshit)

AC: Rouge (exactly the fucking same as BF only the story is worse, herp deep let's just make the assassins aggressively bad guys now. The main character even more of an unlikeable putz than in BF, eyyy mek mi owN Luk. The combat isn't improved just made easier with a grenade launcher, otherwise it retains all the same horrible choices and boring empty setting as BF)

Unity and Syndicate I've never played. The sad thing is I was an AC fan for a long time, but they kept getting shittier and shittier until I couldn't stomach it anymore. Wake me in 2 years when they go for a reboot.
>>
II > pirate shit > rest of garbage
>>
>>333580028

Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed: IV Black Fag

The rest are shit
>>
>>333581408
don't play Unity, Unity is sht and boring, syndicate is really fun, you should try it
>>
>AC 2
>not the best

You literally should play nothing after it.
>>
>>333582186

I'd say go AC 1 >AC II just so you can appreciate how much of an improvement II was and to give you more context to the story.
>>
>>333583058

I meant for that to be an arrow not a greater than, whoops
>>
>>333582184
Well the settings both interest me, so I'm sure I'll get around to them, but I'll wait until they are both dirt cheap, probably around the time the next AC game is coming out.
>>
>>333583058
It really was impressive how big a jump it was between those two games. AC set things up, but holy hell did 2 deliver on the promises. I still consider AC2 as one of the best examples of a sequel building on the previous so perfectly.
>>
Brotherhood
Black Flag
II
Syndicate
Revelation
III
Unity

The others I haven't played, no AC will be as pure and good as Brotherhood
>>
>>333583658
I found Brotherhood really boring, I think it just felt like a brighter version of AC 2
>>
Look up the Burr Conspiracy and tell me it doesn't scream Assassins Creed 3 spinoff. You have all the major players wrapped up in a crazy covert power struggle land grab then a few years later another war. I think AC3 was the last time I knew why I was killing a target and cared that I managed to get them.
>>
>>333583947
I really appreciated the game mechanics Brotherhood brought to the table, it was also the first AC that I bought on launch, so it's always going to receive a biased spot for me
>>
Is syndicate actually good? Ive been thinking about getting it if its under 20
>>
>>333583658
how is brotherhood higher up than II
>>
>>333581408
>he didnt fight the boss ships in black flag
>>
Ass creed is ass and you should take a long walk off a short pier if you play this garbage.
>>
>>333584284
Yes, and I have a vibe like it's going to be the last good AC

>>333584287
It's just my subjective opinion, and I concede it likely isn't the most popular opinion
>>
>>333584284
Syndicate is amazing and with the grappling hook...let's just say you'll either love it or hate it
>>
>>333580028
i really enjoyed how fresh AC 1 was at the time. i put a ton of hours into it. then i got AC 2 and it was a mechanical improvement but it was too much of what i'd already played and so i lost interest. never played the others.
>>
>>333584387

The first 3 games were actually good tho, and I don't mean ACIII
>>
>>333584398
I think the game coming out in 2017 sounds good
>>
>>333580028
I haven't played the newer ones, but I'd agree with this list apart from those.

I'd put 3 a lot lower though, that game wasn't bad, but it just kind of felt like I was never interested in what was going on throughout the whole game, and raise up brotherhood nearer to the top, it was excellent, and didn't suffer from the feeling like an expansion pack like Revelations did.

The original just doesn't hold up these days though, it's clunky, unintuitive and mainly just feels like a good basis for the later games, which is what it is.
>>
>>333584387
>he actually gets angry that people like things he doesn't

No-one made you open the thread anon, I'm sure there's some threads with games you like in them.
>>
>>333584494
I'm not saying it looks bad or anything, I just got this gut feeling, man
>>
>>333584614
I get you
>>
>>333584570
wow dude you sound so gay right now
>>
>>333584501
Assassin's Creed III was one of the first games I played on console (apart from ps2 games from when I was young) I think that's why it's high on my list, I also love black flag so much because of memories playing mostly
>>
>>333584725
you too honey
>>
>>333580028
2 > Brotherhood > 4 > 1 = Revelations >>>>>> 3

Didn't play any of the games after 4.
>>
>>333584725
Fuck, you caught me.

>>333584750
That's fair enough I guess, nostalgia plays a big part in these sort of lists. I just felt like it was a game that was lacking in interesting missions, and the world design felt kind of grey.

Black Flag was fucking great though, I played it in order in the series, and it's still probably my favourite.
>>
>>333585113
2 > 4 > Brotherhood > 3 > Revelations > 1

The game that had the most potential by far was 3, I think no one can deny it. It's such a shame it was a letdown.

I can see Connor's reasons for being such a no fun allowed guy, he went through a lot. But even then, I cared much more about Haytham. For the first time in the series I was actually rooting for the templars. He was such a great character that made the Borgias and Al Mualim look like little kids.
>>
BF>Syndicate>Brotherhood>3>2>Rogue>Revelations>1>Unity
>>
File: arnosmilesaturgpu.gif (929 KB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
arnosmilesaturgpu.gif
929 KB, 268x300
>>333580028

>Unity last

PotatoPC/Consolecuck confirmed
>>
>>333580028
>Unity is the worst game ever meme, again
>>
>>333580028
revelations
Unity
With 4 being an expiation, everything past 2 was garbage.
>>
>>333580552
>Unity over anything
>Syndicate that high up
>>
Syndicate was only slightly better than Unity, which sucked ass. Drawn-out combat, a contextual hidden blade, "politically correct" bullshit, and uninteresting characters ruin both games; not to mention all the fucking bugs and microtransactions.
>>
File: thosewecouldntsave.jpg (156 KB, 1680x1040) Image search: [Google]
thosewecouldntsave.jpg
156 KB, 1680x1040
I've only played the first one and Black Flag

Holy fuck what a contrast

I'm not really interested in any of the others to be honest, I found Black Flag really satisfying both as a game and as a story
>>
>>333590369
You motherfucker. Why the fuck couldn't you have made that image a spoiler. FUCK YOU
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.