[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing Bloodborne for the first time. I've never played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 29
File: gdc-2015-bloodborne-weapons-01.png (88 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
gdc-2015-bloodborne-weapons-01.png
88 KB, 300x300
Playing Bloodborne for the first time. I've never played a FromSoftware game before. What's the best background and weapon to go with for first time players?
>>
blood starved beast is the high point of the game just stop playing after that

grab whatever weapon it wont take long
>>
File: 1402375176835.jpg (685 KB, 2436x2120) Image search: [Google]
1402375176835.jpg
685 KB, 2436x2120
>>333577417
i've found the kirk's hammer and the ludwig's holy blade scale the best and are the most effective both early on and in the mid-game, but thats just my preference
>>
>>333577417
Saw blade seems idiot proof; hit the enemy enough that you don't die.
>>
Cane, holy shit cane is so underrated. I never bothered using anything else because cane was that good until the axe pick, but thats in the DLC
>>
>>333577417
Saw cleaver for beasts, Ludwig's holy blade for everything else.
>>
Well, the first question is strength or dex?
>>
>>333577816
The cane is shit for boss fights. It just doesn't put out anywhere near the same DPS as the Saw Blade.

Yes it is absolutely cool as fuck and feels badass. But min/max power-gamer wise, it's not good.
>>
>>333577417
Best origin for a first playthough is probably Military Veteren, but it really doesn't matter.

Any of the starting 3 weapons will do, Axe is easy-mode for the first area (and entire game) if you can time heavy attacks well. Cleaver is easiest to use and very good. Cane is hardest to get used to (but great once you do), but it looks and feels the coolest and thats what really matters.

You can get any of the other starting weapons soon anyway, plus the Saw Spear and Kirkhammer. Try them all out and dont bother picking one until you start upgrading them to +7 and beyond, since you can easily get a bunch of weapons to +6.
>>
>>333577417
Threaded Cane. It will give you the hardest time in the beginning, but once you master it, you will be better at the game than if you mastered one of the other weapons.
>>
>>333579282
>The cane is shit for boss fights
The cane is fucking awesome for boss fights. Just because you don't know how to use a weapon, don't claim its bad.
>>
>>333579282
Cane gets a 20% buff on all beasts though in whip form

>>333577417
I had a problem with the saw for a long time but truthfully it is because I was too lazy to learn the movesets for the game.

I went with the kirkhammer to be different.

I suggest saw or axe
>>
Axe is weaponfu

SPIN2WIN
>>
>>333580724
Spin2win is a crutch that makes you horrible at the game, but it is fun.
>>
Just got to the final boss and he is kicking my ass. I'm actually out of blood vials and can't continue fighting him.
Using Ludwig's sword and I'm lvl 70.
Where can i farm souls to get more blood vials?
God I suck fighting this guy, he is so fast...
First playthrough too
>>
I started with the saw cleaver but switched to the holy blade mainly because I found the extended form of the cleaver not very useful.
>>
>>333581072
Use the first floor of the lecture building with all the enemies in that one room. Especially if you can oneshot them.
>>
I'll be getting this game later in the summer, but tw builds I know I want to try is:

-Threaded cane with some arcane

and

-Stake drive because it looks fucking brilliant
>>
>>333581369
different anon here, i've used that place to farm echoes myself before, is that the best place to farm in the game?
>>
>>333579282
The cane's reach and low stamina cost are great for boss fights.

Don't disrespect the cane.
>>
>>333581991
Don't forget speed.

>>333581826
The place I used was to the right in Nightmare in Mensis, where the 3 giants were. You could kill all 3 in less than a minute. You just had to warp in from the 2nd warp point behind them.
>>
>>333581991
B E A S T C U T T E R
>>
It doesn't matter even a little bit anon.

Go with whatever sounds and looks coolest.
>>
>>333581991
>tfw the cane is the only weapon I beat Gascoigne with without ever being damaged
It might help to mention that I don't use guns in the game, so I don't get to stagger him to death.
>>
Playing Bloodborne for the first time as well.

Lawd Jesus, I'm trying to git gud at this, but I can already smell the ass raping.

How the fuck do I save and how the fuck do I pause? Start or Inventory don't stop the game.

Help a bro, /v/.
>>
>>333582561
whoa bro where'd you get that sick PC version
>>
>>333581826
I prefer it. Use the 3 moon runes and just hunter's mark to start over. You could use the Great Isz Chalice dungeon on layer 3 as well. I've heard people say it's good.
>>
>>333582561
You cannot pause. You can only save by exiting the game. The game autosaves a lot so don't try to cheat by cutting the power.
>>
The Axe is factually the best starting weapon and the only one that is still good in PVP at the PVP ranges.

It's a starter that let's you have a one handed and two handed moveset, the only one that has an L2, and has an attack of every variety.

It has verticals, pokes, left sweeps, right sweeps, 360 degree spin 2 wins, hyper armour, damage and gives more health back on it, it's transform attacks actually are useful in chasing down a target that just tried to back away.

People who choose the Bounce Off Walls Cane or the R1R1R1R1R1R1 cleaver are no fun.

Real niggas start with the axe, regardless of build.
>>
>>333582561
If you're already that far you're doing better than your average player.
>>
SEND HELP

>>333582809
THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN "that far", IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME
>>
>>333582906
When you're about to get hit in the face with a goddamn brick, shoot him
>>
>>333582790
what attacks have hyper armor?

I love the axe but it really sucks that it's SO good, doesn't let me even want to try other heavy weapons, I'll get to use the rapesnatch when I make my mandatory woman character though.
>>
>>333582906
That guy is easy to parry, just bait his running attack, if you hit him at any point during his run, you'll stagger him and you can visceral attack him for MAXIMUM DAMAGE.

Don't even try to attack him normally at that point of the game, you'll just get wrecked.
>>
>>333582906
And most people struggle with the very first area with all the hunters if they have never played a souls game before.

The best piece of advice I can give you is explore everything. Remember every fork in the road, one way path, area you think you can drop down too, item you think you can break. Secret paths are essential to find.
>>
Welp he tore me a new asshole.

I've started from this place for at least 15 times, that's why I ask how to save... Getting tired of this bullshit.
>>
>>333583052
And by hit him I obviously meant shoot him in the face with your gun,
>>
File: bb_amy_axe.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
bb_amy_axe.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>333582970
Anything that's got windups, everything midswing.

I went through the whole game with it and mastered it. The rolling pokes, the L2 sweeps, it's fucktastically good in pve and pvp.
>>
>>333583102
I remember being stuck in one of the earliest areas of Dark Souls, Undead Burg, for hours before I got to the boss and got fucking destroyed.

Keep trying and git gud or quit, it's one or the other with these games.

I believe in you anon.
>>
>>333583102
Those brick trolls are one of the easiest enemies in the game. Use them to practice parrying. Right as they bring their swing back to the very max and start to bring it forward parry. Don't say "I don't need to parry them". Do it and learn how to now before you fight any wolves.
>>
>>333583152
Holy shit the transform poke, I need to use that more, I always forget about it.
>>
>>333583273
>before you fight any wolves
Considering I never got gud at parrying, I used stairs to defeat the wolves. That is when I learned that stairs are OP as fuck.
>>
>>333579282
Tell that to Defiled Hotdog. That asshole couln't even get close to me getting slapped in the face every time he tried to.
>>
>>333583391
There won't be stairs everywhere. You will always have a gun.
>>
Sigh... Here we go again...

>>333583232
I spent $60 on this back when I got this and I just started playing it, I'm definitely not giving up.

>>333583273
I already killed a wolf, at least it looked like a big white dog right here where you get raided by all these fagots. How the fuck do I parry?
>>
>>333583501
wherever there's wolves, there's stairs, actually
>>
>>333583531
Dogs aren't wolves. Dogs are deceptively frustrating, but go down in a hit or two. You parry, or rather, stagger an enemy by shooting it with your gun RIGHT before it hits you with an attack. You interrupt them at the last second (the timing window varies), and there will be a pulsing sound effect and they'll crumple. If you get up in front of them and press R1, you'll do a visceral attack. Charged R2s on their backs will also stagger them and let you get a visceral attack on their back.
>>
>>333583531
You parry by shooting your gun with Left Trigger during an enemy's attack animation, not all enemies can be parried, like those 'wolves' you fought, or other bigger enemies, most humanoids can be parried, however.

The anon meant wolves as the big ass werewolf that you fight at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>333577417
Kirk hammer if you can getgood cleaver if you can't get to good.
>>
>>333583501
>There won't be stairs everywhere
There are stairs in every location where I wished I was good enough to parry. Fuck parry. Timing for that shit seems random as fuck. I have actually compared frames with videos showing you how to parry enemies, and match the video perfectly, yet parry never works for me. IDK what the fuck is up with the parry system and me, but we don't mesh well together.
>>
>>333583531
>I already killed a wolf, at least it looked like a big white dog right here where you get raided by all these fagots.
Lol, you didn't kill a real wolf. The first encounter with a real beast is two on the bridge, you'll know.

You parry by shooting an enemy when they do a parryable attack. Parryable attacks are generally any attack done by a humanoid creature with a weapon. Rarely attacks that fit this description will be unparryable.

If you hear a loud shrill sound you got the parry. Make sure you're touching your enemy and are parallel with them and if you press R1 after a parry you'll do a visceral attack which scale with dexterity and strength but mostly DEX. They also return the full health regain no matter how much damage they do.
>>
>>333583764
>There are stairs in every location where I wished I was good enough to parry
Funny I didn't notice the stairs in the martyr Logarus fight. Also I assure you anon, it is not random, I get them almost 100 percent of the time. You are just bad.
>>
>>333583681
>>333583716
>>333583785
So... You shoot enemies instead of blocking their attacks and you can't pause...
I don't wanna rush my impressions on this game, but goddamn.

>>333583727
>Kirk Hammer
Kek
>>
>>333582561

game autosaves, just make sure to save+quit from the menu when you're done

no pausing. if you want to do some inventory management, you do it in a safe space

and for the love of god tell me you aren't actually playing it via the PC streaming and that's just for screenshot purposes. the input lag is going to fuck you beyond hard
>>
>>333583871
>martyr Logarus
Took me 3 tries to beat him then I've beaten him 100% of the time since then. Only bosses I've had less trouble with are the witches and one reborn.

>You are just bad
I know I'm bad, but at least I managed to 100% the game plus DLC without guns. Who cares if I suck if I can at least play the game in its entirety.
>>
>>333583941
>So... You shoot enemies instead of blocking their attacks
There are two shields in the game put parrying and dodging are preferable. Don't get me wrong anon, you can not parry all game, never use a gun or use it strictly for damage. It's just not advisable.

You can't pause in any Souls game. It's so you can't reduce the tension of combat by interrupting it to think. It's an action RPG not an RPG, it's only a minor inconvenience. It's very easy to find a spot where you can put the controller down and go to the bathroom ect.
>>
File: disgusted_kitty.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_kitty.png
427 KB, 514x662
>>333583941

>remote play
>on a mac

jesus christ, found your problem, just fucking play it on the tv
>>
>>333583941
Yeah Bloodborne really repays being aggresive, also aN EPIC protip only hardcore souls veterans know for you:

You dont need to fight all enemies, you can haul ass through a lot of areas without getting hit if you know what to do beforehand/are quick on your feet, so don't think you'll need to replay the same area again and again and again, if you can run long enough for enemies to lose interest on you youll be on the clear.

For example if you run all the way to the brick troll hitting the door, most if not all enemies before that wont follow anymore
>>
>>333584101
>I know I'm bad, but at least I managed to 100% the game plus DLC without guns. Who cares if I suck if I can at least play the game in its entirety.
I don't care just don't go around spreading false information like that parrying is hard, not useful and random. None of that is true, you are just unable to do it properly.
>>
>>333583941

If you're having trouble timing shots, just use the dodge roll to avoid enemy attacks and whittle them down. Keep on the offensive, build up a stockpile of bullets and blood vials, then you can start practicing.

Also there's a good equipment in the sewer.
>>
Also why the fuck does he shoot the floor?

>>333584093
>>333584209
I bought a 60 inch 4K TV but I'm waiting for it to arrive. If I wanted to get screenshots only I would use the Share button.

Actually the input delay is barely noticeable.

>>333584213
I'm gonna try this. I guarantee I'll still get raped though.
>>
>>333584218
Shooting the same enemy at the same time in the same place and having 2 different results is not random?
>>
>>333584375

Your guy will shoot at whatever is in the center of the camera, or on the target you locked onto. You click the right stick to lock-on.
>>
>>333584375

you have to lock on
>>
>>333584393
It is except that doesn't happen. That's just shit you've made up to make yourself feel better. So again, given tons of people can parry just fine, stop telling new players to ignore the mechanic.
>>
>>333584375
>Also why the fuck does he shoot the floor?
Click the right stick to lock on to enemies.

There are messages on the ground in the hunter's dream that explain the controls.
>>
>>333581826
Mergo's Loft: Middle is best i think.
Run up stairs. Kill the 3 Shadows. Sneak attack the first pig. Run past the pair of pigs and aggro the 4 Shadow patrol. Run back past the pigs and they will fight the patrol. Easy echos.
>>
>>333577417
axe or saw

axe is really easy to use for new players
saw has incredibly good damage if used properly
>>
>>333584525

Saw is easier to use than axe.
>>
Yeah... Change of plans. If I try to run from all of them them I'm going to get my pussy torn apart.

>>333584441
>>333584460
>>333584474
For fuck's sake, why can't he just shoot forward.
>>
>>333584375
Your character actually attacks the direction your camera is panning to, so if you're looking up you will swing your weapon/shoot your gun a little bit upwards, its barely useful though since the difference in hitboxes isn't noticeable.

Can be used against really annoying enemies like the maggots though, which stick really close to the floor.

When you get the telescope you can use it to aim more precisely where you want to shoot/throw rocks or daggers at enemies.

Also Pebbles or any throwable items are your friends, use them if you find lots of enemies to aggro 1 at a time to fight them one by one instead of them ganging up on you
>>
>>333584631
You run faster than they do.
>>
>>333584595
it depends

when I first started playing I had an easier time with the axe

the axe is a little too easy though because of spin2win and the great range it has

once you L1 spam saw, it's king for damage
>>
>>333584631
LONDON
>>
>>333584464
>I haven't had a problem so that problem can't exist
Cool story bro. Are you one of those faggots that thinks Skyrim didn't have thousands of glitches because you never personally experienced one?

I would doubt myself if I didn't use the record feature to compare videos with successful parry's from other people.
>>
>>333584631

If you wait around a lot of those guys will move off.

Here's what you want to do OP- on the left of that area go through the tunnel, across the square, up the stairs, then along the bridge. Run past the wolves and the troll guy, as far down the bridge as you can go. You'll receive Insight, which will activate the game's level-up feature. Then you can grind souls and boost your stats.
>>
File: farm1.jpg (2 MB, 960x2084) Image search: [Google]
farm1.jpg
2 MB, 960x2084
why haven't you spent dozens of hours farming yet, /v/?
>>
>>333584631
You should really learn to fight with lock on, you should only shoot at an enemy if you're locked on it so shooting the floor shouldn't really be a problem
>>
>>333584631

your gun does way less damage than your melee weapon, trying to snipe people by free aiming is a shit strategy. unless you have like level 40 bloodtinge and +10 cannon, 99% of what you use the gun for is interrupting the enemy just before it attacks. for this, it takes precise timing so locking on is basically required.

so don't be a dummy, use the lock on and quit trying to free aim
>>
>>333584863
whats wrong with you senpai
>>
>Yeah dude just shoot it, it will back off and give you time to attack
MY. MEXICAN. ASS.

>>333584852
Based anon.
>>
>>333584942
>use the lock on and quit trying to free aim
Its kinda funny that once you get gud you play better by not using lock on. Especially on any large bosses.
>>
>>333585039
autism
>>
Is there any real difference between the saw cleaver and the saw spear other than the spear having a thrusting heavy attack?
>>
>>333585085
You can't just shoot at it at random
>>
How is the framerate in this game? Is it always a smooth 30 fps or does it usually look pretty choppy a lot of the times?
>>
>>333585147
one leans more towards skl scaling

the spear also gets a serrated attack bonus in both forms instead of just one

I also like spear's transformed attacks more

it's really just personal preference though
>>
>>333585263
It doesn't loop choppy a lot of the time, but it does drop.
>>
>play BB offline because no money for subscription
>NG+
>notice there's a 2 day free PSplus trial

Okay so where's the best places to do PvP and PvE? I found one guy in Hemwick but that was it.
>>
File: 1428428451479.png (242 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1428428451479.png
242 KB, 500x332
>tfw watching my 20 year old brother play and be bad at bloodborne

he still can't beat Blood Starved Beast.

Similar experiences were had when he first tried Dark Souls 1.
>Keeps going in the graveyard
>"anon this game is gay"
>>
>>333585085
you need to time your shoot dumb dumb! when it goes down on one knee you know you parried him.

Get in front of him then and press weak attack or RB to visceral him.
>>
>>333585263

When it first came out it was pretty choppy but they patched it and now it's very smooth most of the time.
>>
>>333585263
it's pretty constant most of the time

it hiccups occasional and the framerate goes down when you're in a world with multiple phantoms

when you see stutter, it's usually the frames actually getting played in the wrong order for whatever fucking retarded reason and generally not due to actual frame drops
>>
>>333585263
If you are really lucky you can play without noticeable drops, but that requires you to play in offline mode. Online mode and you will probably hit 15 fps, possibly less.
>>
>>333585263
There are a couple of spots in the game that get choppy but its generally fine. Mainly the opening area with the huge group around the bonfire from this pic >>333583531
>>
>>333585307
mensis nightmare
nightmare frontier

first and last area of the DLC
>>
>>333585368
>>333585347
>>333585294
Okay thanks for the replies. My friend owns it and I watched him a few times. Seemed ok but he was complaining it was a choppy experience for him more often that he'd like. Maybe he has a defective PS4?
>>
Oh, cool, my life potions don't regenerate when I die!

Should I use this weapon open or leave it as is?

>>333585326
>RB
>Playstation exclusive
>>
>>333585474

He may actually have a laggy connection from wi-fi interference, or just poor net speed.
>>
>>333585474
no, he could be right and just used to PC standards
>>
>>333585536
Oh you mean since he is playing online? Does connection matter enough to cause fps issues even if he isn't currently pvping or co-oping with another player?
>>
>>333585525

use it one-handed for now.

Vials go into a stockpile, keep collecting them. It auto-stocks when you die or return to the dream from your stockpile, but it's not infinite.
>>
Spoilers, OP so don't read
So what was The One Reborn? Was it the citizens of the village fused together? The enemies from the previous area suggest it since it looks like they are either smaller experiments or not everyone was fused into one being. But if that's the case then why are all the Mensis scholars dead in that building after TOR?
>>
>>333585583
>Does connection matter enough to cause fps issues even if he isn't currently pvping or co-oping with another player?

no

and summons are known to fuck your framerate with any game in the series
>>
>>333585525
whats the rb then? r1 right? Fuck I dont remember my buttons.
>>
>>333585583

Yeah, I notice more lag just in general online than off, and I don't have a very good online provider. If he's constantly getting lag it might be worth playing offline.
>>
>>333585536
I have a low latency connection/reliable connection, running through cat6 ethernet inside the house, with about 90 mbps down and 10 mbps up. I have bad fps with the game when playing in online mode. Not all the time, but often enough to be annoying.
>>
File: 1455172698564.png (324 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
1455172698564.png
324 KB, 850x531
Ludwig's Holy Blade is a strong, all-around weapon.

Solid moveset, good damage and scaling, and you can get it fairly early in the game.
>>
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP, MORE WHITE DOGS.

>>333585663
Yeah it's R1. Don't worry familia, it could be worse. You could be a PC faggot.
>>
>>333585630

It was made from the bodies the bagmen collected, and used to create a body for Mergo. Contacting Mergo for the ritual caused all the Mensis researchers to be brain-fried since they couldn't handle it.
>>
>>333579282
>The cane is shit for boss fights.

Fuck outta here. In whip mode you can hit the faces of bosses like Cleric Beast, Blood-Starved, and Darkbeast and stun them.
>>
>>333585525
>Oh, cool, my life potions don't regenerate when I die!
Yup it's a fucking pain. If you feel inclined, you can farm a shit load, use the blood echoes you get to buy a shit load and they will remain stocked in storage at hunters dream. When you die they will refill from there automatically. Same for bullets. As for that weapon, extend it for more reach if you need. Use the transform attack to stagger people using shields or big groups or if you just feel like you need space. In general transformation attacks, pressing the transform button in the middle of a combo or after rolling/backstepping, do a good deal of stagger.
>>
>>333585758

Kite the dogs down the stairs, they notice you before the huntsmen. Then take out the dogs behind the well. Then take on the huntsmen.
>>
>>333577417
Axe is easy mode. Also pick whatever background has most strength.
>>
>>333585758
White dogs are an example of an enemy that you might want to expand it for. The larger surface area will make hitting enemies easier though keep in mind some of the attacks are more awkward.
>>
File: 1455956121902.jpg (104 KB, 395x324) Image search: [Google]
1455956121902.jpg
104 KB, 395x324
>>333579282
Caning your enemies is an art.

Once you learn to dance around your foes, ripping and tearing with abandon, you will truly know what it is to hunt.
>>
>>333583152
Is this 60 fps?
>>
>>333585758
shooting the dogs is really useful since they get knocked down if you hit them, so shoot them then run at them and fuck'em up, if you're fighting more than one use this to decomission at least one so you dont get gangbanged.
>>
so can i use the whip for the whole game and is the DLC worth it? I have never bought DLC for a souls game
>>
>>333585990
>so can i use the whip for the whole game

Yes

>is the DLC worth it?

Very yes
>>
>>333585990

Fucking yes, BB's DLC is the best DLC. It's got the best bosses, best weapons and coolest items.
>>
Is co-op dead in this game? I think everyone jumped ship to DS3 because I can't find anyone.

I am borrowing a friend's PS4 for a while and need to beat this soon. I am level 50 and beat shadow of Yharnam
>>
>>333585990
>so can i use the whip for the whole game
Definitely.

>is the DLC worth it?
I found the DLC to be worth it to me. It seemed to be around 1/3 as long as the main game, and has some fun weapons. Its one of the few worthwhile DLC's I've ever seen.
>>
>>333585990
DLC has 2 of my top 4 or so souls bosses of all time. Amazing setting, awesome lore implications
>>
>>333586164
Also I don't mind soloing bosses but I like to jump into co-op every so often but I can't get anyone
>>
>>333586037
>>333586069
>>333586191
>>333586202

Should i grab the DLC asap or wait till im done with the game?
>>
>>333585839
>>333585863
>>333585980
>3 life potions
It's gonna take a while for me to get there again...

At least I can play and watch videos thanks to Remote Play...
>>
File: 1443225668443.gif (428 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1443225668443.gif
428 KB, 200x183
>Wanted to use the cane
>It's shit early game until you can make use of its scaling and upgrade the fucking thing

No thanks, I'll just stick with the Hunter's Axe or the Saw Cleaver.
>>
>>333586323
The DLC is endgame content. I tried to play it like a normal level as a low level char and got my ass kicked

People with higher levels get rekt too I hear
>>
>>333586323
The DLC is definitely harder than the main game. If you aren't good at game you will probably want to wait. 30 in health is a good start.
>>
>>333586164
as a cooperator i never have to wait longer than 2-3 minutes per summon, there are plenty of people playing the game. literally for over an hour straight tonight i was getting constantly rang in to help with papa g with 1-2 min wait times tops. make sure you have no password and set your region to worldwide.
>>
>>333586323
DLC is best done later in the game as it's spoilery to the plot. The strength level of enemies ties it to around there anyways

That being said, it's worth hopping into the first area where 80% of the new weapons and shit are at, and running like crazy to get them. Weapons like the beasthunter saif for skill or the whirligig saw for strength are totally worth it
>>
>>333586323

Get it now because once you beat the game you have to replay it to reach the access point. The access point is after you beat Vicar Amelia in the Cathedral Ward, but you need to be around level 70 to actually play the DLC areas.
>>
File: 1459494426748.jpg (53 KB, 672x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459494426748.jpg
53 KB, 672x1000
>>333586392
>he cant git gud with the cane
>>
>>333586391
>Remote Play

How is it? Is it laggy?
>>
>>333586391

You can do it, just run past the next group down the bridge. It's worth it.
>>
>>333586480
>tfw beat ludwig at around lvl 45
>>
>>333586451
maybe its my firewall or some shit

fugg
>>
>>333586391
Once you get past the townsfolk, go up the stairs, and past that short "tunnel", when you turn right and go downstairs you have that big guy banging on the door. If you don't go downstairs, there are a bunch of smashable crates to the left, past the stairs. You can break drop down to where the dogs are in cages, and explore some that way.
>>
File: 1455169896663.jpg (79 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
1455169896663.jpg
79 KB, 301x312
>>333585085
Shoot as if you mean to parry him - that is to say, mid-attack. It's all about timing.

If you hear a loud bass, you know you've done it right.

If you don't, you're about to eat a brick.
>>
>>333585781
I just opened up the Nighmare Fontier and Mensis, have I run into Mergo yet?
>>
>>333577417
Do Arc/Skl build with blades of mercy. Who needs guns when you got space slugs?
>>
>>333586589
yeah i'd say its something on your end, the summon range in bb is much more generous (20 + 20%) than the souls games, if you really cant pull in a cooperator within 5 minutes its your connection to their servers (which can be fixed by quitting and reloading the game most times)
>>
>>333586658

Mergo is in Mergo's loft, it's at the end of Mensis. You'll want to clear the frontier, cainhurst, and then beat mensis to unlock the final boss. Then you should finish the DLC areas if you haven't done them yet, as they're tougher than the final boss. Then beat the final boss and finish the game.
>>
>>333586658
Nightmare of Mensis leads to Micolash first and then a short run up to Mergo's Wet Nurse
>>
>>333586531
It depends on your internet speed.
I have 20mbps download 5 upload because third world country. Although there is juuuuuust a little input lag, it's almost perfectly playable, it isn't laggy for me for me right now because my computer is next to my PS4, but if I take it to my bed which is like three meters away from me, I start to get disconnected every now and then.

>>333586625
I'm trying! ;-;
>>
>>333586658
You don't actually get to see Mergo. I mean it's in a baby carraige and it cries but I don't think you ever get to take a clear look at it, if it's some eldritch abomination baby or fucking nothing like Oedon
>>
>>333586950

You can do it! just run across the bridge! Get to the end and you'll be able to succeed!
>>
>>333587042
>tfw those werewolves give me more problems than the ones in lower yharnam
>>
>>333577575
eat shit
>>
>>333586950
Trying to get past the townsfolk? Once you get near the open area where they are all at, start running and go up the stairs. Zigzag a little near the "tunnel" to make sure they guy with the gun doesn't shoot you. You will probably only have about 2 guys follow you once you get past the tunnel, and you shouldn't be shot at anymore.
>>
>>333586480
not true

the item to access it spawns in the hunters dream after you kill vicar

if you have already killed her and then buy the DLC it will still spawn automatically
>>
>>333587171

yeah but once you compete the game by killing the final boss you have to get back to the Vicar to get the item again. So he should buy the DLC now and play it on his first run so he doesn't have to plow through a chunk of the game again.
>>
>>333587171
Maybe they changed this in an update. They tend to make a lot of things more easily accessible with updates.
>>
>>333587117
anything for you silly poo poo daddy :)
>>
>>333587256
no, it's been like this since the DLC released

when I first got it I was afraid I'd have to go to NG+ or start a new character to get the item because I already beat vicar

that wasn't the case and the item appeared in the dream

>>333587252
I don't disagree

there is no reason to wait to buy it
>>
LAWD JESUS I WAS ABLE TO RUN PAST ALL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS AND FUCK I JUST KILLED THE THREE WHITE DOGS, I'M LOOKING FOR THE FUCKING BRIDGE.

THIS NIGGA SOMEHOW HEARD ME AND IS NOW CHASING ME.

DID I SAY JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP ALREADY?

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.

I'M GETTING SCARED /V/.
>>
>>333577417
Any background and weapon, BB is ridiculously easy
>>
>>333577417
Pick whatever you fancy, really. The whole point is that you can beat the game with any weapon and any stat build. I personally find cane of starting weapons to be fun. Axe is easymode for most of the game, but its charged r2 is so fucking satisfying to watch
>>
Please don't tell me that's the way I'm supposed to go...
>>
>>333587581
>>333587449

Run past him up the stairs, baby. He won't follow you any further. You'll be on the bridge, just run staight down in and dodge and roll past the wolves.
>>
>>333587581
I believe it is. You got this anon, troll niggas are pussys. Just back away slowly and try to bait their attacks. Dodge to their left or right and attack. Always save a little bit of stamina to dodge away.

A much safer way is to parry them if you can learn how.
>>
>>333587581
It's not.
Find a laughing hag and smash the barrels nearby.
It's gonna be alright I promise
>>
>>333587689
>>333587695
JUST
UST
ST
T

FUCK
UCK
CK
K

MY
Y

SHIT
HIT
IT
T

UP
P
>>
>>333587921
>1 vial
>no hp
You can do this!
>>
>>333587581
Here is a video of what I was talking about;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLZeHipGmWA

So the quality of video's uploaded to youtube seems to have dropped a lot. Do I need to change something in my settings, or just upload to something else now on?
>>
>>333587921

now you can start vial farming
>>
>>333588013
>>333588047
Don't cry for me, I'm already dead...
>>
>>333587921
Why you go that way? In all seriousness lol

The shortcut people are telling you about is down a set of stairs from the bridge and into a house. After you go down the stairs in the house there's an exit on your left, it should lead to a flight of stairs with one enemy on it and a gate back to the first lantern.

You've already basically made it, you can easily do it again now that you know your way around. And hey if you don't, just focus on the bright side that you are farming vials if you kill people on the way.
>>
>>333587921

Congratulations. Here's the good news- that boss is completely optional, and that bridge is a dead end. Now you can use your Doll in the Hunter's Dream to level up your character and get stronger.

Once you get back to Central Yharnam, talk to the the guy in the window and he'll point you in the next direction. If you get lost it's reachable by getting back on the bridge, then taking a left after the two big werewolves into the dark house. Bring a torch from the square with the troll what was pounding on the door. Once you're through the house go up the stairs in front of you and open the gate, it'll open a shortcut to the lamp.
>>
>>333577417
The saw spear is very versatile and carried me through my first go.
>>
>>333588073
Trolls and werewolves drop 2-3 blood vials each, it's hella good way to farm them in that area.
Also, on the other side of the bridge there is a secret passage to the sewers, there you can find your first set of "armor".
Go get it
>>
>>333587921
don't give up! you made progress. you can level up now that you've gained insight
>>
>>333588209

Good tip, though should point out it's behind a bunch of smashable boxes that don't look passable at first.
>>
>>333583531
Stop holding his hand you fucking mongoloids. There's a tutorial in game for a reason
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>333588013
>>333588047
>>333588070
>>333588089
>>333588103
>>333588209
>>333588218
>>333588245
I can't, I just can't... I'll try again tomorrow if there's another Bloodborne thread, this was interesting.
It almost feels like making a let's play without losing dignity.
>>
>>333583941
This is bait. Stop replying to this faggot .
Probably Australian aswell
>>
>>333588363
This shit's been done on here for years son. Don't worry.
>>
>>333588378
go back to /pol/, faggot
>>
>>333588245
Well, I fell down there and died the first time I played, so I guess we should warn him too.
There are some smashable boxes and barrels, jump there and smash 'em all!
It's on that street overlooking big fire
>>
>>333584375
I can't believe people are replying to this.

Typical dumb fucking Americans
>>
Forgot to say it's 3:35 AM and that's why I'm stopping.

>>333588378
>Probably Australian aswell
What part of "My mexican ass" do you not understand.

>>333588389
Thanks anon, it was fun.
>>
>>333588363

It's cool, Bloodborne's start is very rough but once you get rolling past the first mandatory boss it'll feel less punishing.
>>
>>333577417
you have to just try it out and see which one you like best.
>>
>>333588526
Less punishing? Well that's a big statement.
Perhaps you meant that he'll git a bit guder and more used to the mechanics?
>>
>>333584393
This frustrated me aswell but then I realised the problem.
If you're using a pistol, it can whiff on certain enemies because of the hitbox.

Switch to shotgun and it won't be an issue
>>
>>333588685

Yeah, but also as you level up weaker enemies are easier to manage and you mostly fight the same batch of enemies until you reach the forbidden woods' second half.
>>
>>333586164
Are your network settings set to worldwide?
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.