[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
162 KB, 1600x900
This game is perfect
>>
>>333576767
>The entire Island/Laboratory section of the game
Not even close.
>>
>>333577028
That's just the game blowing its load. Give it a break.
>>
>>333576767
no.
>>
Wesker's thrust punch >>> Wesker's palm slap thing in 5
>>
>>333577028
Never understood the criticism of this section
>>333578373
All far beneath the Axe Kick he does to kneeling Ganado's in 4
>>
File: leonfeels.jpg (220 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
leonfeels.jpg
220 KB, 1440x900
>>333577028

Island/Lab are alright. They are not even bad by themselves, they just feel weak because the game has run too long by then

It doesn't help that the whole Island act is actually easier than the Castle section. Regeneradors are a cool concept but much easier to kill than a Garrador for example
>>
>>333576767
Yeah, now go play revelations 2 and see how shit 4 actually was
>>
File: Re-make.jpg (97 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Re-make.jpg
97 KB, 1024x768
Not even close.
>>
>>333579270

Rev 2 (and 1 for that matter) is average as fuck. Being better than 6 is no achievement
>>
Objectively wrong. The ONLY thing it's good at is being a franchise killer.
>>
>>333579384

I like 0 HD better for actual HD assets instead of an ugly photoshop filter mess over old backgrounds

Even if lore-wise and stylistically it's wack (fucking lamest enemies in the series), RE0 is easily the most challenging the of classic, fixed-camera REs, and basically built for speedrunning with its limited inventory system
>>
>>333576767
I still prefer the classic style RE games, but yeah, RE4 is pretty fucking great.

Too bad the sequels suck.
>>
>>333579406
If that's the case then 4 is way below average. 5, 6 and both revelations have better pacing, monsters, atmosphere, inventory system and practically everything else. The only thing I missed from 4 were weapon upgrades that took inventory space and looked like an actual add-on.
>>
>>333579707
>5 has better pacing than 4
4 has arguably some of the best pacing in video game history m8
>>
>>333579707
>5, 6 and both revelations have better pacing, monsters, atmosphere, inventory system and practically everything else.

Your preferences are basically flipped in relation to those of an actual functioning human being. 4 ->5->6 is an obvious downslide in quality
>>
File: 1439331056939.png (598 KB, 673x680) Image search: [Google]
1439331056939.png
598 KB, 673x680
>>333579707
>5 and 6 having a better inventory system than 4
>>
The village was perfect.

The castle was fun but fucking stupid.
They pulled out all the stops here and held nothing back. Most good parts but also the most bad.

Remember that room with the giant drill with the guys riding on top?

What about the fucking gear based automatic walkway that led to Mordor? Remember? With the lava and the dragon shaped flamethrowers?

And then the island started strong but had the lowest points. The bit just before U3's fight with the timed floating containers and having to find a button. The bit just before Krauser's fight with the robots.
The part when Ashley's driving that big truck.

Fuck now I want to replay it again but I have so many times already that it's stale.
I've 100% completed it. Multiple times.
It's a shame they ported and rereleased it a dozen times and only added content with the original PS2 port. Why is that ok?
>>
>>333577028
It's not even bad though, just not AS good as the rest.
>>
File: 1459706032770.jpg (44 KB, 482x596) Image search: [Google]
1459706032770.jpg
44 KB, 482x596
>>333579707
What's it like to be a giant retard?
>>
shit controls
>>
>>333579987
>Why is that ok?
Because it's RE4 and Capcom knows that people will eat it up just for that simple fact.
>>
>>333576767
>get game
>fun but scary
>chainsaw one hit kills
>anxiety and tension rise to lethal levels
>buy the game genie cd
>enemies still have 1 hit kills
>use infinite rocket launcher code to end it
I didn't beat this game legitimately until 6 was out.
>>
>>333580651

the chainsaw guy is intimidating but he is pretty easy to handle

all you need to do is hit him with the shotgun in the chest and you'll knock him down for sure each time. stab him with the knife while he's down and when he gets back up, just hit him again

if you're feeling ballsy you can go for a headshot with the pistol and knock him down with melee.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.