[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting my shit kicked by this game, how do i get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Panel de Pon.jpg (147 KB, 400x733) Image search: [Google]
Panel de Pon.jpg
147 KB, 400x733
I'm getting my shit kicked by this game, how do i get good?
>>
>>333575893
Honestly, when I played this I would slow down the game on later levels
>>
>>333576058
You can slow down?
Also that doesn't really answer the question.
>>
>>333576212
Emulators
also, how to get good: combos and shit, you have to learn how to do a lot of shit in a short span of time.
>>
>>333575893
Combos are basically worthless at higher levels of play.
Focus on building chains.
>>
>>333576438
It's been a while so I (>>333576330) said combos instead of chains, whoops
>>
>>333576582
>>333576438
Why are combos worthless?
>>
Study chaining and "skill chaining" (It's the same shit, but the tutorial gives a better example)

Also, youtube a player named Abusedrib. I used to study his shit when I was first getting into this game way back. Good luck anon.
>>
>>333576895
Because no matter how many you do or how big they go, combos can only create multiple one-level garbage blocks, which are all broken at once.

Chains create the thicker blocks, which break down one row at a time.

So what you want to do, is you want to practice until you can reliably do a 4 chain combo.

Then, 5.

Then keep bumping it up until you're a panel de pon god, who can bump the screen to the top and then make a 10+ chain at the beginning of a match.

Me and my brother are both at that level, our matches are fun as fuck but they take 30+ minutes.
>>
Fuck Nintendo for shutting down the only online version of this game. They need to release a new one with the original characters, online play, and no shitty touch controls. But they'll never do that because modern Nintendo sucks raw giraffe ass.
>>
>>333577382
Didn't they remove the Lip stage from Planet Puzzle League in the west for no reason and replace it with nothing?

They're like, outright afraid of leaving the fairies in.
>>
>>333577148
>>333577092
Then chaining is the biggest factor in this game, right?
I'll try to get good at chaining then.
>>
>>333577476
I don't give a shit about NoA, I learned Japanese and abandoned localizations a long time ago. But not even NoJ gives a shit about PdP.
>>
>>333577496
Absolutely the biggest factor.

Mixing combos in with chains is acceptable, but chains should be your focus. Also don't mix too many combos in (especially if you're in the later levels and breaking big garbage blocks) because that can deplete your available blocks and kill you.
>>
>>333577580
You don't really need to know Japanese for Panepon anyway. I have no trouble playing my imported Super Famicom version.

Is the Gamecube one worth grabbing? It's the only version I've never played.

>>333577496
Yeah, the games totally centered on building chains to drop garbage blocks on the other opponent consistently and rack up your score.
Practicing on the Hard and Very Hard CPUs is a good place to start assuming you know the basics of the game.
>>
>>333577580
There's still time for a game on the 3DS.
Specially since there's currently no way to play it online.
>>
>>333577846
>There's still time for a game on the 3DS.
I was praying for this but time is running out and I've given up hope. Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary's online is satisfying enough anyway as far as 3DS puzzle games go.
>>333577840
Enjoy not understanding the cute dialogue, I guess. And the gamecube version is just a remake of the SFC version with a 4 player mode. Not really worth it unless you somehow know three other people who play the game.
>>
This reminds me I've been thinking of making some videos of myself playing this.

How much of an unholy god do I have to be for it to be at all worth it? For reference, I can pretty reliably clear an entire screen with combos, and have beaten every game on hardest difficulty.
>>
>>333578190
What exactly would the videos be? I can't imagine videos of single player being entertaining at all so you'd have to be playing matches against someone else. If you're both decently good then it might be interesting to watch.
>>
>>333578385
Yeah, I can see that. Playing vs AI gets pretty boring when even max level CPUs aren't a challenge.

I'd have to find somebody I could have good matches with.
>>
>>333578903
Good luck. I tried to teach my friends to play this game but they all couldn't get into it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.