[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Feel like playing Dark Souls again >"About time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dark souls.jpg (160 KB, 849x473) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
160 KB, 849x473
>Feel like playing Dark Souls again
>"About time. I wonder why did I stop playing this?"
>Start it up
>Awkward movement, all weapons have shit movesets, disastrous network connectivity, backstabs, and everything else sets in
>"Oh yes, now I remember."

Why is this game so overrated? Going by its reputation you'd think it's the best game of all time.
>>
>>333571813
I liked it a lot until I played bloodborne. Went back to it and everything is so static. It feels like the whole game is a script.
>>
>>333571813
That's because it is and you're a pleb.
>>
>>333571813
(You)
>>
Shit taste is a curse, OP.
>>
>>333571813

>overrated

literally the best game at rewarding you for learning to deal with difficult situations

it doesnt hold your hand, it kicks your ass repeatedly, but it is FAIR.

and overcoming those challenges is what makes dark souls great. and the atmosphere, level design, gameplay, music, and so on.

how many other games hold your hand? this game will push your shit in if you dont learn from your mistakes.
>>
Because you touch yourself at night thinking about those sweet replies but I'm not giving you any :^)

Go ahead and start greentexting how I said now critique allowed when that isn't my point at all.

Saged eat a dick
>>
>>333573656
>>333573730
>>333573749
>>333574148

OP here. What's with the ad hominem? How is insulting me in any way counteract my points or contribute to the discussion?
>>
Don't play on pc and it fixes the connectivity issues, "awkward" movement is subjective, the only thing remotely awkward is jumping which is hardly necessary, back stabs are a wonderful feature, the window just needed to be tightened because of the snapping if you just mash out r1 behind someone. If you only just started the game, it's no wonder the movesets are shit. Early on in games, you usually have more basic and plain weapons. That's not a flaw to darksouls, that's a flaw of modern gaming and the appeal to casuals.
>>
>>333571813
>Awkward movement

What's awkward about it? It's responsive, doesn't make you slide all over the place and always moves you where you need to go.
>>
Because it was the best game to come to pc in the last 10 years
>>
File: 1.jpg (39 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39 KB, 1024x576
git gud
>>
>>333575178
>If you only just started the game, it's no wonder the movesets are shit.
All the movesets are shit. Every single weapon in Dark Souls is slow and awkward, even the "fast" ones.

Compare it to movesets from Demons Souls. If you took a weapon from Demons and placed it into Dark, it would instantly be god-like and blow everything else out of the water. A good example is the DeS Estoc, which is some otherworldly eldritch horror in comparison to its DaS counterpart.
>>
>>333574767
i played dark souls and enjoyed it. i found the movement and combat to be very smooth and responsive, all the weapon movesets to be unique, i didnt have network connection issues, and i enjoyed backstabbing in pve. now what?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.