[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did Kenny morally do wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: IHW_One_Eyed_Kenny.png (656 KB, 532x684) Image search: [Google]
IHW_One_Eyed_Kenny.png
656 KB, 532x684
What did Kenny morally do wrong?
>>
File: 1449198240561.jpg (38 KB, 358x664) Image search: [Google]
1449198240561.jpg
38 KB, 358x664
Became a whiny asshole if you disagreed with him on *anything*.

He also killed Larry without even attempting to resuscitate. There would've been plenty of time to smash his head if he started stirring and didn't seem right, but Kenny isn't capable of forethought and immediately jumps to the quickest and worst solutions. See: trying to start shit with Carver right away instead of waiting for a better opportunity, immediately trying to fucking *kill* Jane (they were both being fucking morons, but the scene relies on Kenny actually being a fucking murderer), MUH FAMILY over everyone else even if it would be reasonable to help, etc.

Kenny a shit. He's not my bro. he's a testy gun-jumper and that makes him a liability on top of being a plain shitty person.
>>
>>333568031
This. I found his point of view somewhat understandible, but yea his prioritising of his family over EVERYTHING else is pretty shitty.
>>
Being created
>>
He just wanted to protect his best friends sweetpea

And he does, if you let him
>>
>>333568526
Nah, man, nah. In season 1, he helps out as long as the problem at hand is also HIS problem. Once it isn't, good fucken lucken.
>>
Nothing. He was true to himself. That makes him moral.
>>
Absolutely nothing. Don't listen to the liberals.
>>
He was a guy trying to do the right thing in all the wrong ways. But that's fine with me, we're both still alive in the end and he was my bro all the way through. Not everyone had that kind of play-through and that's fine, he's still mai waifu.
>>
>>333568031
If you really think Larry could be saved, I've got bad news for you.

>Heart Attack
>No pills
>No hospital or doctors in sight
>Expecting him to live
>Wanting to be trapped in a meat locker with a strong as shit zombie
>>
>>333568031
The state Larry was in, no amount of CPR was going to bring him back. It would require medical equipment that they simply did not have, not to mention they were racing against the clock. Either of the brothers could have came back there while they were trying to revive them and take them all down while their hands were full. Like it or not it was a life or death situation, and an example of 'Risk one life to save 100 more' kinda things.
Also, fuck Larry. I would have dropped Lilly off to Salt Lick City too if it had let me.
>>
File: 1449994450274.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1449994450274.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>333570196
>>333570618

You must be reading someone else's post and linking mine by mistake, because I never said "Larry could have lived."

I'm saying "Kenny assumed the worst immediately and didn't at least TRY to help."

They would've been trapped with a zombie for all of the five seconds it would've taken to crush its head after the fact. People like to pretend that if Larry turned, everyone in that room would've died on the fucking spot, but if you'd played for five minutes you'd know that *zombies aren't fast* and he was already on the floor. Relatively speaking, they had plenty of time to act.

At the very least, Kenny had no real empathy for anyone but his immediate family in S1, and that makes him pretty morally fucked to me.
>>
>>333570960
Nigga, those zombies could lunge fucking fast (see: the person who turned at the beginning of ep 2), and if someone was close to Larry when he turned, like say Lily, maybe two people would've died in that room.
>>
>>333570618
>Salt Lick City
>>
>>333567023
The game just throws shit at him and tries to make (you) the player choose the blonde girl over him

>This Carter guy has been stalking us for some time, we escaped once and now that we can escape again we are going to let him go, Kenny is just unstable for wanting to kill this respectable man!
>How dare Kenny mistreat this rusky hero who had a team ambush and shoot us that could've ended up with our lives?
>How dare Kenny decides to keep moving so we don't stand still in the middle of fucking nowhere with limited supplies during winter? Let's just shoot Clementine and run away! She is obviously insane!
>WATCH ME CLEMENTINE IM GOING TO PRETEND I KILLED THE BABY TO PISS HIM OFF PROVING THAT I CAN PISS HIM OFF
>Telltale giving me the option to kill the only man with a fleshed out story besides instead of random blonde girl who doens't give a shit about anything? Sure, let me shoot him in the head

bravo Telltale, you wanted me to kill the only character i gave a shit about ever who doesn't die like a pussy, has the best ending and one that i can rely on to protect me

i seriously hope they stop making games because they are terrible writers
>>
>>333567023

Attempting to kill someone because they lost a baby in a zombie-filled snowstorm is morally wrong, even if it's understandably upsetting.

Being cruel and sadistic to people who wronged you (Carver, Russian kid) while they're in a defenseless position is wrong. If Kenny thought they should die for the safety of the group, that's one thing. Using them as stress relief is sadistic and wrong.
>>
>>333568719
Even if you never side with Kenny at all in S1 he still devotes his entire life to Clem and the baby in S2
>>
>>333570960
I'm not saying your wrong for trying, but I know if I was in a similar situation I wouldn't want to be taking chances. This is especially true if I had someone as young as Clementine relying on me. I would feel bad for it, but honestly even if Larry did survive he was more of a liability then anything, both with his heart condition and his antagonizing behavior towards Lee.
I'm not calling it the right choice, but I feel like if it was my life in there I would have probably done the same.
>>
>Try to save someone's life instead of murdering them
>Kenny leave you to die
>Put a women out of her misery instead of leaving her to be torn apart by zombies
>Kenny leaves you to die
>Kenny's dumbass kid runs someone else over with a tractor
>Kenny rushes to grab his kid and leaves the other guy to die
>Cut off Kenny's girlfriend's hand so she doesn't drag you down to be eaten by zombies
>Kenny blames you for her death
>Kenny hits a little girl on one of his temper tantrums, proceeds to keep losing his shit over everything

LEE WHY DON'T YOU EVER HAVE MY BACK
>>
>>333571467
see
>>333571414

>Rusky tries to kill everyone with his squad and take all the group's supplies
>Carver already stalked the group once and took everyone hostage

Yeah, Kenny is just mentally unstable for being mean with such good people
>>
>>333571414
If anything they gave us the amazing Kenny endings and the choice to either go and stay. I'm actually surprised they didn't force us to stay at Wellington.
>>
>>333570960
Larry was fucking strong. While I felt your way in the moment, taking a chance on being trapped with a Zombie Larry in a small room is incredibly risky.
>>
>>333568031
>He also killed Larry
TOP KEK, stopped reading there
>>
>>333571481
Which is weird, because depending on how things go in S1, he couldn't give less of a fuck about helping find Clem. Because there's a boat, you guys, and Lee was mean to me one time!

>>333571773
Story-wise, I feel like having someone die as a result of Kenny helping would've at least helped his character not be "my way or the highway" all the fucking time.

>>333571873
Okay, but he did.
>>
File: vg.jpg (174 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vg.jpg
174 KB, 720x540
>>333571773
It just doesn't matter what choice you make in this game it's going to make you feel bad about it sooner or later, the only choice that geniuelly made me feel good is staying with Kenny at the end of S2

I hate how they say your choices have any impact when the reason why they can't release S3 is because of the multiple endings in S2 and them not having any fucking idea how to go from that
>>
Jane was objectively in the right
>>
How is the Michonne spinoff?
>>
>>333572018
>put a baby at risk and manipulate a child into murdering her friend so I can be on team Clementine
>right
>>
>>333571467
How would you have handled Jane? If someone I trusted to take care of an infant, who I knew never wanted the baby around in the first place, came back empty handed with no explanation other then
>I ACCIDENTALLY LOST A NEWBORN IN THE SNOW SOMEHOW WITH NO PROOF
I would be livid too. If she had proof that AJ had some how froze to death or if she had shown signs of being attacked by a bunch of Walkers then his outburst would be less justified. But with how the situation was presented, I could understand anyone going rage mode. If Ben had somehow gotten Clementine killed in S1 don't you think he would have done something terrible? The difference then be that Jane wanted a confrontation, she wanted to prove to Clem she was right. She kicked the hornet's nest and then complained about being stung, no sympathy for her.
>>
>>333568330
>his family over EVERYTHING
It's a position of a grown man.
His family is fatass wife and little child.
Why the fuck should he risk his (means his family) life for some asshole?
>>
>>333572018
Jane and Kenny were both on the idiot train in the end. Clum+babby is best and canon ending.
>>
>>333567023

There is no such thing as morals.
>>
>>333572060
So far I've liked it more than S2, it doesn't have the suspension of disbelief issues with a 12 year old girl getting mauled and shot and still being the most important person in a group of adults
>>
>>333570960
>at least TRY to help
How the fuck are you supposed to help dead man?
>>
>>333568330
Not going to lie, I would probably be in the same position. I'm going to protect my family the best I can, even if that means everyone else ends up afraid of me.
>>
Why the fuck do you want to take care of a baby in the apocalypse
>>
>>333572152
Because caring about other people is generally a good sign that you're well-adjusted and not a hairy edgelord.

>>333572251
Beats me! The way I remember that scene, Lee was just in the corner jacking off. That is how it went, right?
>>
>>333571467
>while they're in a defenseless position is wrong
And while they're attacking it's impossible.
Admit it, you just a fucking omega (or woman) who scared of big bad Kenny.
>>
Just a reminder that if you support Jane, you support the end of humanity.

>Leaves a baby in the middle of a snowstorm in an unsafe car among a bunch of walkers

That was insanely shitty writing. "I'm going to endanger the baby's life to show that Kenny will try his hardest to protect the child!"

Seriously, what the fuck was her purpose? Female empowerment?
>>
>>333567023
Stealing from the car, that's about it.

>>333568031
>Became a whiny asshole if you disagreed with him on *anything*
Nice meme!
I didn't agree with Kenny on
>Stealing from the car
>Dropping Ben
>Leaving Lily on the side of the road
>The whole boat plan
In season 1 and he was still a total bro.
He was completely right most of the time though so I never had much reason to disagree with him.
Im season 2 I can't realling think of one time he was in the wrong. Poor man was just surrounded by fucking morons.
>>
>>333571467
>being cruel and sadistic
>Carver and Arvo the Wonder Cripple
Carver deserved what he got. He beat Alvin close enough to death, took a whole group of people that didn't have anything to do with his own group as slave labor, maimed a man, murdered another in front of two young girls, and was nearly about to kill Rebecca and her unborn child. He needed to die, while you may argue that he should have died more humanely I do not hold Kenny at fault for the way he treated the situation. He doesn't want you to watch, he knows its wrong to do, but fuck man.
As for Arvo the Cripple, just fuck him and everything he is.
>>
>>333571941
That's what I enjoyed. Even though more often than not the choices ended up not mattering at all, in the moment you felt conflicted. That was a fun feeling.
>>
>>333571618
Sounds like you played S1 making the worst possible decisions there, friendo :^)
>>
>>333572283
What about after your family is all dead? Are you going to continue to be a shit cunt to everyone and immediately assume that you need to be heavy handed with everyone like they were the ones that killed your family. Everyone has lost someone, everyone. It's no excuse for twisting your twat all up and trying to fight everyone who doesn't like you. I don't give a fuck about larry, he was a liability, but so was kenny. I shot him and I'd shoot him again. His biggest sin is being contrarian and having no real survival skills and makes no contribution beyond questioning every decision I make.
>>
>>333572060
I just can't believe in characters.
They are insanely cliched.
So i'm playing maximum asshole, harrassing girl, broke fucking fingers of Russel (or how this fuck named).
>>
>>333572502
The car thing is the only thing I can think about that he was completely in the wrong, but even then it is still about survival. Not everyone is going to want to throw away their morals right away, but if it means survival for my group then so be it.
>>
Kennyfags BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=y0s_kopG8HY
>9:38

Prove him wrong
you can't
>>
File: 1458249710729.gif (804 KB, 250x270) Image search: [Google]
1458249710729.gif
804 KB, 250x270
>>333570618
>salt Lick city
>>
>>333572456
I honestly think that she supposed to be main villain of season. Hipocritical, cynical, survival-of-the-fiitest young bitch who echoing Carver in every word and action.
>>
>>333572628
You were originally talking about when his family was still alive so my point still stands.
However, I have no idea how I would react if I ended up losing all my family. If I had not been able to properly protect them and they all died, I would probably be a twisted up mess inside too. Not everyone can bounce back from that right away and some people are never alright again. I might be fine after some time or I might a complete twat, I just don't know. But if my friend was in a similar situation I'm not just going to leave him at the door. I'm going to be there for them the best I can in that situation. People yell and scream and do generally bad things towards the people they care about after going through emotional stuff, and while you don't have to put up with it I feel like I would be willing to for some time. The anger is never really for me but at me, and while frustrating I understand it. He pulled through for me when I needed it though and that's what matters for me.
You don't have to put up with someone else's baggage, it's not your job and its understandably annoying. But for me I'm willing to help someone through a difficult patch, especially a friend.
>>
>>333573245
>You were originally talking about when his family was still alive so my point still stands.
This is my first post.
>>
If you leave your shit unguarded in a survival scenario then you have as good forfeited your property claim to that shit. Claiming morality over that car situation is ridiculous, because it's a reasonable assumption that any unguarded shit belongs to either a dead person or someone who abandoned it.
>>
>>333572735
You constantly stealing something in game actually (like everytime when you taking an item) or killing people who wrong for you (starting from cannibals).
>>
File: BOAT.png (188 KB, 311x460) Image search: [Google]
BOAT.png
188 KB, 311x460
BOAT
>>
>>333573667
Was that the most unreasonable idea Kenny had? Anyone with a boat would obviously have taken flight immediately.
>>
>>333572536
Why we couldn't kill that lying cripple I have no idea, it seriously pisses me off how much shit the bastard gets away with.
>hoards medicine from the rest of his group
>scapegoats your group for stealing the meds even if you chose not to (Jane took his gun but she wasn't even with the group at the time of the ambush)
>Ropes his group into a gun battle, complains when he gets his sister killed
>fucking shoots clem regardless of how you treat him
The only thing I walked away happy from in that final episode is that you can let that Bonnie cunt drown under the ice.
>>
>>333573493
I mean technically you stole the supplies for the boat and the boat itself, but the original owners for that were long gone and dead. The pharmacy belonged to Lee's family, so that wasn't really stealing, not to mention no one else was using it. I guess you are stealing from Carver's too but that's for the sake of escaping, and you take Arvo's stuff but he tried to get you all killed so if anything he owed you that much.
I didn't kill any of the cannibals, but you could at least argue that it was self defense at that point. They could have came back and jumped the motor inn if they were all left alive and if the walkers hadn't stormed the place. The Stranger who took Clem is an optional kill, but like hell I was going to let someone who would lure away children live. Larry's situation has already been discussed. For S2 there's Carver, but man I can't understand the thought process of letting him live. He wronged us in ways that cost lives and health. From there the only other people your group kills are Trevor (from Jane shooting his dick off) and either Jane/Kenny. You never really kill someone unless it was to save yours or another life. Stealing from the car was the only time I felt bad for doing something, since it was obvious the belongings of another group trying to survive too. They did nothing to harm us and we went in and killed them indirectly.
>>
>>333568330
Family is all you have. Telltale tried to hammer in the point multiple times in Season 2 starting when Luke questioned you on what the "most important thing" was. Kenny also viewed Clementine as family in S2 so you have no reason to go against him.
>>
>>333573975
I encouraged Boatmaster to end his life, fuck that guy. Not only did he do all that, but he lead us astray from out destination. The city was RIGHT THERE in view, only a little bit away. But then he leads us to who knows where to a place we don't even know exists or if there are more people there, but of course the group just needed someone to blame and they chose Kenny out of all the group.
>>333573881
Not going to call it the smartest of ideas, if only cause finding a boat was going to be the hardest part. But if they had been able to find one he could have kept the group away from danger, taught them how to fish for food, etc.
>>
>>333574334
Actually now that I think on it I think it probably wasn't such a bad idea to be heading to the coast in general anyway. There's a natural border that could still possibly be a source of food to your back, and maybe you *could* find or repair a boat that's hidden.
>>
>>333574253
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the whole family thing. They pushed it too with Rebecca and Alvin, since Alvin was going to care for the baby even if it wasn't biologically his and how he died in order to help protect them. Choosing between family and safety seemed to be their really loose theme, since between Kenny and Jane's ending you also have to choose between the two options.
Either
>you stay in Wellington, abandoning the last person who cared about you
or
>stay with him and face struggles with surviving, but having some happiness
Even with Jane it was
>keep the family out, not allowing them in and choosing absolute safety over compassion/emotion
or
>Let them in, and while feeling good about helping another group out realizing that there is some danger in doing so.
>>
>>333574578
Or hell even construct a boat. Only problem is keeping that hidden from strangers.
>>
>>333568330
You have to think about it from the prospective of somebody who loves his family.

1) You need to protect those you care about above everything else. You can't risk them for another person.

2) You need to take care of yourself, because your family is in continuous danger into the foreseeable future, and you are the only person on the planet that will prioritize your family as highly as you and protect them as well as you. You can't risk yourself for another person.

You put those things together, and you're bound to make decisions that are asshole-ish to other people.
>>
>>333574578
It helps to know the kind of area you're going to, but he was a professional fisherman so it probably wouldn't have been to terrible. You wouldn't even need to stay on the boat constantly, just go out on it when you need to fish or stay away from walkers/hostile strangers and you would be safer then constantly being on land.
>>
>>333574746
That's what annoyed me about Jane. She was an older sister, her younger sister relied on her. It was tough carrying her around, I understand that. I know there was probably nothing she could do to make her sister continue, but the moment she said she left her there I knew I couldn't trust Jane. It would hurt, but if it was my sister then I would have put her out of her misery. One bullet to the back of the head, or a stab from an ice pick, whatever it took to stop further suffering. Everyone is afraid to become a Walker, and I couldn't handle going on knowing that someone who relied on me was going on with that terrible existence. Jane was selfish there and she was selfish with the baby.
>>
>>333568031
>Became a whiny asshole if you disagreed with him on *anything*.
irrelevant since he's right like 90% of the time.
>He also killed Larry without even attempting to resuscitate.
Sounds good to me. Larry would have gotten Lee into serious trouble if he revealed his secret, and more importantly, he was dangerous and unstable anyway. (You save his life and he still attempts to kill you? What the fuck?) This was opportunism at its finest, since he finally had the perfect chance to get rid of him.
>>
this whole series is shitty feels-bait that only masochists would enjoy
>>
>>333573667
What a beautiful man
>>
File: Rd8OBym.png (564 KB, 1590x1500) Image search: [Google]
Rd8OBym.png
564 KB, 1590x1500
>>333575945
>>
>>333575421
>irrelevant since he's right like 90% of the time.
But he's not, and he tries to leave Lee for dead and tattletales on you for dropping Ben if you piss him off in Season 1 and screams at Clementine and causes drama and gets multiple hostages killed in Season 2.
>>
>>333567023
NOTHING
A BRO
DONT KNOW WHAT TO PUT HERE
ABSOLUTELY NOT-DISGUSTING
>>
Accused Jane of murdering a baby with no proof and then tried to kill her after she said it was an accident
>>
>>333576385
I didn't think she murdered AJ, but I did think she left him out there or allowed him to get hurt. It was obvious that having the baby around was too much of a liability for her to handle. Now if she had proof that the baby had been eaten or if she had signs of being attacked, that would be one thing. But she comes back, perfectly fine with no baby in sight. If he had some how frozen to death out in the cold then why didn't she bring him back? Why not say what happened rather then
>BRUH IT WAS AN ACCIDENT
She was a full grown woman in charge of just carrying a baby away from Walkers that were slower then normal. How she came back to the rest stop and her weird ass behavior I was not about to believe it was 'just an accident'.
>>
I didn't mind kenny so much when he wasn't trying to browbeat the group into following one of his dumbass plans.
>dude boat lmao
>let's go further north despite it being wintertime and us having no supplies so we can chase a rumor
Jane was also absolutely right about how unstable he was by the end of season 2, even though she showed it through what might be the dumbest plan in the entirety of Western canon.

what I'm really mad about is the character assassination Mike and Bonny's characters got in the last episode, and even then I would have preferred to have gone with them than the choice of retard or psycho that we got
>>
>>333577224
Agree with all your points. Unfortunately Telltale will throw characters under the bus to reach some sort of resolution by the last episode, and often in that last episode.
>>
>>333572502
>Stealing from the car, that's about it
Or you know
>Lets Herschel's son die when he could have easily helped
>His retarded dipshit son was the cause of the problem
>Doesn't even lift a finger to help the man
>B-but he said he was sorry
YOU DON'T GET TO BE SORRY AFTER THAT! FUCKING COWARD!
>>
>>333579398
People always say what they are going to do in a situation, how they always have a plan for their own apocalypse. How they are going to kick ass and survive, but when shit actually goes down who ends up falling through? A lot of people have thought about what they are going to do, only to freeze up or run away.
I'm not saying he is right for running away, but I am also not saying he's a monster for that. There were walkers right there and he probably thought about getting his son to safety/checked out for bites first. He doesn't get to be sorry, but that doesn't stop the guilt.
>>
>>333579912
I might give him the benefit of the doubt if he hadn't acted like such a heartless bastard towards Ben for making the same sort of mistakes.
>>
>>333580226
Fair enough, but I felt like he learnt his lesson if you keep Ben alive. Ben calls him out on his behavior and that really sticks to him about his asshole attitude he had been having. I'm all for redemption though so I might be more forgiving in general.
>>
>>333571414
>WATCH ME CLEMENTINE IM GOING TO PRETEND I KILLED THE BABY TO PISS HIM OFF PROVING THAT I CAN PISS HIM OFF

When did she suggest she killed the baby and not that the baby died by mistake
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.