[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we know yet if DaS III is going to do the thing from 2 where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 305x165
Do we know yet if DaS III is going to do the thing from 2 where enemies eventually go away? Also will there be Soul Memory or whatever? Basically all the bullshit from 2 that made me stop 9 hours in? I haven't been keeping up with it. Also general DaS III thread.
>>
>>333564924
Isn't dark souls III is already out? There's a bunch of pvp videos already, am I missing something?
>>
>>333564991
Comes out Monday as far as I know, that's what steam says. Did it leak or something?
>>
Enemies go away after being killed 3 times, and soul memory is back. Also, adaptability has been split into two stats: capability and competence, both of which much be leveled equally to boost your iframes on rolls.
>>
File: Team Deathmatch.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
Team Deathmatch.webm
3 MB, 600x336
>>333564924
no soul memory

no despawning enemies outside the usual 'big enemy kill it once and it's gone'

Soul Memory replaced with Weapon Memory as the anti-twink system (goes off the highest reinforced weapon that character has ever obtained). Fairly lenient after early game. +4's can be matched with +8's, etc.

Firelink Shrine is in a separate location that you have to warp from to continue

warping is in from the start

level up is done by 'not-maiden in black'

>>333565141
Jap versions been out for like 2 weeks and a bunch of english players have been playing it like me.
>>
>>333565389
Neato. Is it fun?
>>
File: who needs Vigor anyway.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
who needs Vigor anyway.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>333565536
ye it's pretty good

BB+Old hunters is better in my opinion but DaS3 still has 2 dlcs to shake things up.
>>
>>333565689
Ah, never got to play BB, no ps4. How's it match up to DaS I? Seen some stuff about the world not being as interconnected which is one of the things I really liked about the first one, but if the gameplay holds up that's minor.
>>
>>333565796
most levels are fairly self-contained apart from the direct entrance/exit to another area.

a couple of times i've come across shortcuts that take me from the end of a level to the start but they confuse me because there's already a bonfire at the start and near the end so why the fuck would i use the shortcut.

the levels themselves are very well done with the exception of how they handled Old Izalith.

you also revisit anor londo/biggie smalls arena.
>>
File: 1433710279395.png (28 KB, 636x671) Image search: [Google]
1433710279395.png
28 KB, 636x671
>>333565389
>have to go back to the same place to level up again

who fucking wants this shit so bad that they keep fucking doing it
>>
>>333566081
Cool, looking forward to it, thanks anon
>>
>>333565256
This is false b8, in case anyone actually believes it.
>>
>>333566232
>have an SSD
>load times are virtually non-existent
>didn't mind teleporting to level up in DS2 one bit

Feels good.
>>
>>333566479
I do too, it's still completely pointless when you could just level up at a bonfire and keep on going

I can't believe people on consoles could ever defend this with literal minute long load times in demons souls and 2
>>
>>333564924

>>333559412
>>333559412
>>333559412
>>
>tfw 3 more days
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.