[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ shitposter says I only like DOOM because of nostalgia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1459178129419.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1459178129419.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
>/v/ shitposter says I only like DOOM because of nostalgia
>go and replay DOOM
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like Guild Wars because of nostalgia
>go and replay Guild Wars
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like SM64 because of nostalgia
>go and replay SM64
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like Deux Ex because of nostalgia
>go and replay Deus Ex
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like Baldurs Gate because of nostalgia
>go and replay Baldurs Gate
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like RCT because of nostalgia
>go and replay RCT
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like Fable because of nostalgia
>go and replay Fable
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like HL1 because of nostalgia
>go and replay HL1
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like CS 1.6 because of nostalgia
>go and replay CS 1.6
>it's still fun

>/v/ shitposter says I only like streets of rage because of nostalgia
>go and replay streets of rage
>it's still fun

And before you say "b-but they're only still fun because you played them when they were new!" I didn't play ocarina of time or majoras mask till like a year ago and those were fun too.

The only people who use the "nostalgia goggles" argument are literal children who are too immature to handle the fact that something older than them is better than all the new shit out today.

If a game was fun 20 or 10 or 5 years ago it'll still be fun today.
>>
>games don't age
Is that what are you trying to say?
>>
Wow you mean shitposters say things that don't make sense just to get a rise out of you
>>
>>333562361
Sure.
>>
>>333562438
Wow you mean people actually lie on the internet?
>>
>shitposter says i only like game because of nostalgia
>except i played it in fucking 2013 like 15 years after it came out
>>
>>333563462
Then that means you like it because it's a meme
>>
>>333563542
You're a meme.
>>
>>333562205
K....
>>
>>333562205
>/v/ shitposter post caveman spongebob
>go and rewatch sb129
>it's still fun
Pretty much you are right
>>
>>333562205
You know, there are a lot of old games I still love that have survived the test of time, and even a lot of ones that aren't great but feel unique and then there are games that everyone seems to remember as great, but consequent games in the series have outdone them, like Castlevania Symphony of the Night, don't get me wrong it's a fine game but other games in the series build on all the different aspects that made it good, which kind of takes away from the Symphony of the Night leaving it feeling not that special, unless you have huge nostalgia goggles for it. As I said, it's a fine game and you would be crazy not to like it, but the difficulty curve alone ruins the game where it is just an absolute cakewalk with very few of the bosses posing a challenge, even without using any of the broken items, it's a significant game in the series but it has kind of lost its luster simply due to better games coming out. I feel the same way towards Super Metroid too, it's just not as good as later games in most respects.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.