[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wich one is better and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg (21 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg
21 KB, 636x358
Wich one is better and why?
>>
>>333560548
4k TV's are the only way to play
>>
>>333560682
*non console.
>>
Monitors for PCs
Tvs for Cosnoles

playing consoles in a monitor is stupid.
>>
>>333560682
Large format 4k monitors are a bit more reliable in terms of response times and the fact that they'll have display port.
>>
i use a 4k tv for a pc monitor now. JU7500 Samsung. Games looks great, but not good if you wanna play twitch shooters like CS or Quake live. other than that, its been awesome.

The cost of some decent size 4k monitors that support chroma are fucking expensive.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju7500
>>
>>333560548
The one with DisplayPort and low response times. Don't even need to worry about watching TV because it'll come with an HDMI port regardless.
>>
I picked up some off-brand 15" 4k monitor for a few hundred last year. I think this panel was meant for a laptop. Works surprisingly well, actually. Colours and response are pretty good, and while actually using the desktop at 4k is illegible, the fact that the pixels are so goddamn tiny makes 1152p look pretty great.
>>
>>333561376
How about RTS?
>>
>>333560548
TV so I can sit on my big, comfy couch and play properly.

Strat games look killer on 55" TVs.
>>
>>333561616
The Phillips 40" 4k monitor has display port and is about half that price.
>>
>>333560548
only a retard who doesnt know about 144hz or input lag would even ask this
>>
>>333561928
philips tv service tech here,
don't fucking buy any new philips tvs, they are pretty much chink shit now owned by tp vision.
"philips" have been reusing the same hardware for 5 years now and just updating the software, dont fall this meme
>>
File: 1415755743481.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1415755743481.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>333561928
>not curved
>smearing issues
>inferior panel
>poorer colors
>no chroma
>Samsung can be had for 600 used
>>
>>333562280
You cant even reach 144hz @4k currently and hell you cant get to 80fps @4k. Not enough GPU power on the market to even get that close at maxxed settings.
>>
>>333562907
Eh, I dunno. All the game benchmarks have AA on maximum, which is just stupid seeings how you're running at 4k and the jaggies are basically undetectable. I think a 980 or two could handle it.
>>
>>333562907
u can reach 144hz 1080 p , thats better than any TV
>>
I spend most of my free time sitting at my computer so I have my console hooked up to my monitor as well. I don't play it as often if it's in the other room hooked up to the TV.
>>
>>333560548
Monitor. It's better in every way, the biggest way being response time. The only thing a tv would have is size if you're a couchfag. I just lean back with a controller in my comfy ass desk chair for consoles.
>>
>>333563236
yeah. but are talking strictly 4k
>>
>>333560548
It's really up to personal preference. Even if there is an inherent advantage to one over the other, your previous experience with TVs and/or monitors will be the most important factor in what you find to be superior. There is no default "right way", just stick with what you're more comfortable and at home with.
>>
>>333560548
Generally, monitor. Few TVs can match the overall input latency monitors can get. My fairly high end TV has something like 100ms input lag on its "game" mode, and I get it down to 50ms or so if I rename the input as a PC input, which is still really laggy.
>>
ASUS makes a 28" 4K monitor that has 1ms response time and is $550 CAD
>>
I have a nostalgic bias towards a TV for anything COOP and shooters. Just feels comfier.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.