[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever paid to skip the grind?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: coin temptation.png (168 KB, 249x361) Image search: [Google]
coin temptation.png
168 KB, 249x361
Have you ever paid to skip the grind?
>>
File: 1287095988155.jpg (41 KB, 479x355) Image search: [Google]
1287095988155.jpg
41 KB, 479x355
>pay game
>pay not to play game
>>
>>333554357
I don't understand it either.
>>
>>333554357
>paying for a pay to win game

The fuck are you doing?
>>
>>333554118
I usually play single player games so I just use cheatengine
>>
>>333554118
Buying coins in Magic Duels is the dumbest shit. The point of the game is to play to unlock more cards. There aren't even big events or tournaments where winning actually matters. Reaching rank 40 counts for whoopty nothing.
>>
>>333554118
Only did it for War Thunder to finish research on the Tiger, worth the $4. Game turned into a point & click adventure the moment I got it.

>see enemy tank
>kill it with shot through frontal armor
>>
Once I used to play WoT, I bought the Type 59 for grinding credits, I was even good with universally frown upon tanks like the T-43. I stopped when I realized that playing the game was more of a chore than anything.
>>
As soon as you pay for that shit, you lose the real game.
>>
>>333554118
No.

If I don't want to play the game anymore, then I will just stop playing the game. I'm not going to be giving somebody a sum of money in exchange to not play the game.
>>
File: asdasdasdasd.jpg (31 KB, 110x105) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdasd.jpg
31 KB, 110x105
>>
no, i dont play shitty games.
>>
no, because when you pay to skip games with artificial grinds (like most mobile apps) you don't gain any new core gameplay experiences. you usually are just making numbers go up. if i wasn't having any fun with a bejeweled game it's not because i wasn't paying to get to higher levels, it's because i wasn't enjoying the core gameplay.
>>
>>333555657
I used to do this, and then I realized the grind is really part of the fun. Getting your giant gold cock for beating the game just isn't the same if it's handed to you on a platter.

The greater difficulty and pain to get that 24 carat dick the greater the appreciation for that glossy phallus. When you just cheat to receive it the reward is empty and meaningless, the game becomes unenjoyable and no matter how many penises you cheat to receive they can never fill you to contentment.

So now I earn the ol'
blind bob through the long grind proudly now, and the game becomes far more enjoyable for it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.