[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start playing pic related >lot's of good fun, experiment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: Bloodborne-cover-819x1024.jpg (308 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-cover-819x1024.jpg
308 KB, 819x1024
>start playing pic related
>lot's of good fun, experiment with the weapons a lot early on
>eventually stick to Ludwig's holy blade and Hunter Axe
>Max Ludwig's and rock it mostly all of end game
>Get into ng+, buy the old hunters, can't wait to play more
>want to experiment with all the new weapons
but not enough bloodstone chunks to upgrade them
>they all end up feeling so underpowered compared to my maxed out ludwig's holy blade.
>tfw
>>
>>333548232
Literally you picked the best weapon in t \he game besides the broken-ass pizza cutter.
>>
>>333548232
chikage superior to all.
>>
>>333549018
Yeah that's how it felt at first (and still does desu). But I kinda miss the experimentation ya know? There's all these cool, unique weapons at my disposal and I can't really use any of them.
>>
Saw Cleaver is best.
>>
Holy Moonlight Sword is also pretty fun and has good damage.
>>
>>333549547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjyD_m_Iso
Using it's ranged and transformation attacks feels good when it works like you want it to.
>>
Stop looking at the attack stat. Some weapons are faster and effectively do double the hits that Ludwigs can in the same time or get in hits that are unsafe when wielding the meme blade. Not to mention damage types exist and are effective.
>>
>>333549198
At least from what i've heard that problem is fixed in DS3. Lots of titanite shit to upgrade weapons
>>
>>333549740
I agree but ludwig's still kinda overpowered in that regard. It's base mode is actually very fast and combined the max stats it deals a higher dps than even its alternate mode, and more overall than any weapon.
>>
>>333549490
This.

I never used the default weapons in the Souls series until the Saw Cleaver. That weapon is fucking amazing.
>>
>>333549198
>>333549018
>game is announced
>Excited as fuck to Kirkhammer my enemies into oblivion
>The Kirkhammer has a fucking strange as shit hitbox and often "misses" causing only "shockwave" damage instead of the whole hit
>Switch back to my Hunter Axe for the rest of the game

Disappointment of the century.
>>
>>333548232

>bloodrocks

You get 2 per normal game/dlc playthrough, can find them in Pthumerian Ihyll chalice dungeons, and can buy them for 60 insight. That's with recent patches though; couldn't do that with vanilla, lol.
>>
>>333550273

Man I read your post wrong. You can farm bloodstone of all kinds in the nightmare areas. You get lots of them in chalice dungeons. You can buy all 4 types at bath messenger for insight.
>>
>>333550004
If you are using Ludwigs in its untransformed state you don't know what you are doing, its scaling is annihilated untransformed. Similarly speeded weapons hit for way more.
>>
>>333550491
Thats my issue with some weapons.

They're advertised as being a longsword + extra but they are literally defined by their trick mode, making untricked virtually worthless.
>>
>>333550187
I rocked Kirkhammer the entire game I never even had an urge to switch. I never had any problems with it whiffing or anything like that.
>>
>>333550662
You have multiple weapon slots for a reason.
>>
>>333550491
I don't know what you are saying. In my game, I swear untricked ludwig does great damage solely on the fact I can chain up to ~15 uninterrupted hits in a single stamina bar.

>>333550424
Where could I farm bloodstone chunks for how early I am in ng+? I just bear amelia and started up the Old Hunters at the moment.
>>
>>333551562
I'm saying it is inefficient compared to what you could be using if you are bothering to use the untricked version, or learn enemy weaknesses. Regular enemies get comboed to death by everything, you'll be hard pressed to get in 15 uninterrupted hits on most bosses and hunters just dodge out of every hit but the BoM combo. The damage might be enough, but anything can be beaten because everything is dodgeable. I'm just pointing out you can do way much more damage with a side weapon that takes just as long to switch to as untricking your weapon.
>>
>>333552794
What would you recommend? I have pretty much all of the vanilla weapons, and the beast cutter and boom hammer from the old hunters.
>>
>>333552949
What are your attack stats?
>>
>>333548232
> join the vilebloods
>get a blood dreg for every hunter you murk
>consuming blood dregs provides insight
>invade dudes in nightmare frontier
> each kill effectively grants 2 insight
> 10 pvp kills = 1 chunk
>>
>>333548232
Had a lot of fun a few weeks ago invading with the Stake Driver and lead elixirs
>>
>>333553375
mostly a Vit-End-Str build, 40-35-40 on those respectively.

>>333553479
I'll have to get to nightmare frontier first.
>>
>>333548232
>they all end up feeling so underpowered compared to my maxed out ludwig's holy blade.

even maxed out it didnt feel very powerful to me
>>
>>333549740
>meme blade

was with you until you showed youre faggot
>>
https://youtu.be/wwBQYDEb5Gc
>>
>>333548232
Wanna play a bowblade build, what's a good secondary weapon? I dislike the Chikage so that leaves me with few options.
>>
File: sonycucks will defend this.webm (329 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
sonycucks will defend this.webm
329 KB, 600x338
>>
>>333555229
It's called that because everyone gravitates to it like a fly on shit their first playthrough and then discovers how common it is to do when they talk to people about the game. I don't give a shit if you can't handle the word meme.

>>333554993
Beast Cutter
Saw Cleaver
Tonitrus, especially this one
Try putting elemental gems on weapons that don't scale well for you but can wield, focus on fire if you try out a Tonitrus.
>>
>>333555510

Are you SKL-based or BLT-based? If you're SKL-based you can use:

>Rakuyo
>Threaded Cane
>Blade of Mercy
>Beasthunter Saif
>Reiterpallasch

If you're BLT-based, then the only other weapon you can effectively use, other than the Chikage, is the Bloodletter, and even then that's only the trick mode. Untricked scales more with STR investment, and I doubt you'll be investing in STR very much on a Bowblade build.
>>
>>333555710
>He didn't get the rune of true seeing

Wow, what a casual.
>>
>>333555845
The tonitrus is a beast of a weapon, but it's durability is such shit I hesitate to use it.
>>
>>333556129
Currently 25/25 on those, really hoped they'd have more arcane or BT things to do but I was misled.
>>
Yharghul chapel is a fucking borefest
>>
how do I get rakuyo
>>
>>333557384
In the fishing hamlet, you have to go into that well with those two fucking annoying as hell giant anchor monsters and kill both. I still haven't gotten it.
>>
>>333556129
>>333557067
CHURCH PICK

C H U R C H .
H
U
R
C
H

P I C K .
I
C
K
>>
>>333557734
what the fuck

I visited that shithole once, got cleaved two assholes and never returned

why FROM
>>
>>333557734
>>333557914
Use a Shaman Bone Blade on one of them when they try to get the other.
>>
>>333557914
>Second run of the DLC, on a build that can even use the Rakuyo
>First attempt
>Parry the first one twice in a row
>It gets up and phases through my desperate swings at it's last HP
>SHITSHITSHIT
>Spam all my bullets at it in hopes that I kill it
>Second one blocks every shot like it was intending to
>Manage to parry it
>It ends up being the first to die
Such bullshit.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.