[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft has just sold you every right to Banjo Kazooie. You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: NEVEREVER.png (112 KB, 1500x712) Image search: [Google]
NEVEREVER.png
112 KB, 1500x712
Microsoft has just sold you every right to Banjo Kazooie.

You make one sequel, and can go anywhere with it. Put it on any console, bring the old devs back on board, make it an open world action adventure or just cars again, fuck it, whatever.

The goal is to make it a contender for GOTY, even if you can't stand the franchise itself.

Where do you begin?
>>
-All the moves from Kazooie are back, and a few from Tooie.

-Mumbles, no voice acting

-15 worlds to explore, 170 jiggies to collect

-Grunty and her father/family this time are the antagonists vowing revenge on all of isle o hags, no longer wanting to rule to it, but to destroy it

-Mumbo and Humba Wumba put their diffs aside and had a kid named Jumbo Wumba, the best shaman in series history

-lots of bosses like Tooie

-final boss is a mech fight with Grunty where you climb the giant robot phase by phase until you reach the top/cockpit and its a giant arena where you and Grunty settle it once and for all

-game filled with references and self humor

-art style is a better fleshed out rendering of the old renders, not the N&B style

-Grant Kirkhope Rob Beanland and David Wise on music
>>
Go to Nintendo.
First promote it with Banjo being in Mario Kart or Smash Bros, or a new Diddy Kong Racing. Then Banjo Threeie

Takes place after Banjo Tooie.
Timber Tiger is brought in.
>>
>Make Banjo Threeie
>create a timeline similar to Zelda timeline including the GBA games, Diddy Kong Racing and Nuts and Bolts.
>Add Banjo Kazooie to Xbox Super Slam Battle.
>>
>>333547360
Does anyone honestly hope they do throw they're hat in the ring at B3? I would love to have that and Yooka Laylee and compare the two.
>>
Do nothing

It's dead Jim

All nostalgia fag tears are too precious to give up
>>
I dunno man all people want is just literally the same thing but new levels. I'd like to expand on the evolution between Kazooie and Tooie's representation of the levels and make it open-world with no loading screens, and have the worlds just be different sized chunks of the main world. I'd also like to see a different villian, Grunty had been beaten to death and back by now but it'd be great if she stole the show at the last moment and became the final boss anyway. That being said I think the best thing I could do to the franchise would be to let Retro Studios make a new entry to the series.
>>
File: 1360451872911.png (15 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1360451872911.png
15 KB, 510x546
We'll first and foremost, the obvious is that whatever your probably wrong opinion of collectathons are. You WILL fail if you make the game anything but a collectathon 3D platformer.

IMO it would need to be a marrying of Kazooie and Tooie. Kazooie tight level design mixed with Tooie's worlds interconnecting and old areas opening up as you move forward and unlock things in the game. But you couldn't just have it be backtracking and recombing over the levels you've combed over several times before. Personally I think new abilities instead of allowing you to find obscured treasure in hard to reach parts in the areas you've already been to.

Somewhat new to the game will be the inclusion of directed "reach the finish" platforming sections (think Mario 3D land/world) that can be replayed.

Retcon N+B, not the GBA game.

Have Banjo and Kazooie knocked on the head to reset their moveset to BK. Moves for this game are a tooie abilities, remixed tooie abilities, and entirely new ones.

Game is a love letter to every Rareware franchise over the years including lots of nods and references.

Base some of the minigames off the proven solid gameplay of their other titles.

FPS minigames
Sidescrolling beatemup minigame

Transformation ideas:
Airplane for an air level
Banjo and Kazooie switch places via Grunty trickier for a directed platforming level.
Mumbo's closet, Banjo and Kazooie have several silly clothing options including ones based on in game and other rare characters, Dragon Kazooie, and the duo's Hawaiian gear from the first games end credits.

Meticulous care to not leave out beloved tropes of the series, like the character slideshow at the end, character grunts, innuendo, or the end game quiz show.

Include a Canary Mary race outside Gruntilda's final confrontation that is impossible to beat, meaning the actual 100% jiggy count for the game would read full-1/full, just to screw with people.

>mfw
>>
>>333549142
As for the story, IMO Gruntilda's head should go missing after B-T. She should than have some in game explanation for showing up not a skeleton and super fucking good at magic at the beginning of this game. Whether she did something serious like scoured the planet for the dark secrets of witchcraft or if it's waved away with a joke like she's been hitting the gym doesn't matter much to me.

Gruntilda uses these newfound powers to actually impede and mess with B and K throughout the game. Casting illusions to trick them, the aforementioned switch of B and K, and creating or reviving a in game boss
>>
i would not do a fucking thing with it but make temple run ripoffs
>>
>>333549142
>ersonally I think new abilities instead of allowing you to find obscured treasure in hard to reach parts in the areas you've already been to should open up the routes between levels and whole new areas so you have an idea going back of where the new things would be.*

I dont know how the second half of the sentence got cut off, especially because it was pretty important to what I was saying.
>>
>>333547360
I would make it an RPG and turn it into a mature game and then make it Iphone exclusive as I watch the streams of tears of its fans cry for all eternity.
>>
Let's be honest, Banjo Kazooie would never be game of the year.

At best you'll appeal to fan's nostalgic needs and make them love the series in the current gen.
>>
Paulie Wood's Studio

Hollywood parody where some washed up Hippo director needs your help to complete his movies. There will probably be a western parody, sci-fi parody, medieval fantasy parody, and maybe a godzilla parody. Do stuff for stuck up actors, effects artists, starstruck extras and other things like that to get jiggies. Bossfight with a Godzilla monster who is a bad actor and messes up a lot showing his weak points
>>
>>333547360
Dig a grave and throw the rights in there and fill it with concrete.

Banjo was a boring, shitty collect-a-thon with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>333547360

Turn it into an unfairly difficult souls ripoff with an interconnected hubworld.
>>
>>333550556
At least it'd save it from being destroyed by Microsoft
>>
File: 1368931678090.jpg (81 KB, 625x372) Image search: [Google]
1368931678090.jpg
81 KB, 625x372
I make the game for the PS Vita

Save Sony and Save the franchise.

Sony and MS are buddies now so all that's left is making Nintendo and Valve buddies so may as well move the world back to 2 big giants instead of 3-4
>>
>>333547360
I make it a mix between BT and BK. Big overworld, interconnected levels, etc, without bloating the game. It would have the moves from BK, and I guess some from BT and some original.
Grunty now rhymes again and has banter on the overworld.
Can no longer play as mumbo, still have transformations.
Have more actual platforming segments if possible over collection. Severely reduce the amount of notes.
>>
>>333548767
Just imagine

>Playtonic gets two million from the fans easily

>Microsoft is dumbfounded, immediately gets in contact with them
>they sign on with Rare for a 2018 release of Threeie (Grant actually is apparently working on something big "with people he was looking to work with" but can't say anything else about it, but he's positive it will announce this E3)

>yfw [spoilers]Yooka Laylee ends with L.O.G. admitting he was wrong about platformers, that yooka and laylee are actually Banjo and Kazooie reincarnated, and that he's taking them back home. It's a direct sequel hook for Threeie[/spoiler]
>>
give the rights to playtonic so they dont have to use that gay bat and chameleon. and ill work on the game as level designer and overall project manager
>>
>The goal is to make it a contender for GOTY

a cinematic over the shoulder platformer/shooter with "epic" set pieces and a plot about human nature with a hefty dose of political views for good measure
>>
>>333547360
This IP will never be a GOTY contender
>>
>>333551618
I'd honestly rather see Microsoft try an honest 3D platformer Banjo without Rare. Just to see where it could go.
>>
I think the most important things would be focusing on having a wide array of movement options that make getting from one area to the next fun. Most abilities should be tied around things like this instead of just junk like "new eggs that can be used on specific switches"

>Allow you to use Kazooie like a hang-glider if you manage to dive from a high enough spot
>Talon trot is faster than before, with fewer annoying sounds
>Maybe wall jumps or something, I dunno

Then just make big stages that make full use of those abilities and allow for lots of exploration.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.