[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get a Souls like experience from this if I crank it up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: images-1.jpg (16 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
16 KB, 460x215
>>
>>333542328
No.
>>
>>333542328
Play witcher 2 on max difficulty.
>>
>>333543472
I did that with no armor.
Fun times and still piss easy.
>>
>>333542328
Nope. Game becomes piss easy once you get decent equipment, even at hardest. Most of the challenge in the game is early on, possibly comparable to souls but still on the easy side comparatively.
>>
>>333542328
No. Because a "Souls like experience" is not making the game difficult.
Souls games punish inpatients, a lapse in judgement, and no common sense.

The Witcher is a Story heavy Western RPG based heavily on the gear you equip and levels you earn.

All Hard mode does is make shit hit harder and die less quickly. doesn't add traps, ambushes, and better AI.
>>
>>333545773
>Souls games punish inpatients
Teenager please leave.
>>
>>333542328
No

>>333545983
He's not wrong about the souls games though I would say Bloodborne punishes you for being patient and non aggressive.
>>
>>333542328
stop posting.
>>
>>333546195
Until late game at least. Then it devolves back into Souls strats. Waiting for a opening and attack as much as you can because the regain system don't work when everything knocks 95% of your life out of ya.

>>333545983
Face rolling bosses, traps, and turning blind corners because you didn't have the patients to watch how shit moves and notice shit around you generally kills you in Souls games.
Taunting after winning a minor conflict has killed many.
And Common sense is the strongest weapon anyone has in a Souls game. See that button in the middle of a hallway. I'm sure that is bad news. That lone enemy in a field, Pretty damn sure that's a ambush. The boss is emitting a gas. Better fucking run.

Most Yolo face rolling morons that scream Artificial difficulty lack common sense. People who never fucking played mario kart and party and know true Artificial difficulty.
>>
>>333545773

So am I wasting my time playing on hard then? Taking forever to kill enemies is rather cumbersome as fuck.
>>
>>333542328

No.

Too much input lag and too unresponsive movement.
>>
>>333547282
I can see that though the old hunters boss fights always had me of the offense especially Orphan. I played like a passive bitch and got my shit pushed in.
>>
>>333548029
You can go for that sweet Death March achievement, but other than that, there's no point.
Once you master Quen, this game is a cake walk.
>>
File: stray further.jpg (10 KB, 358x422) Image search: [Google]
stray further.jpg
10 KB, 358x422
>>333543715
Get the fuck off your nut you crab wank.

Witcher 2 on Insanity is serious shit.
>>
Not really, game is about preperation and simple battle mechanics.

Best to play on the second hardest difficulty imo, hardest difficulty makes monsters take too long to kill and you'll be taking enough damage to warrant stepping, parrying or rolling/
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.