[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sidequests inside of sidequests inside of more sidequests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_r.jpg (72 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_r.jpg
72 KB, 854x480
>no armor or proper looting until 50+ hours into the game
>terrible UI making trudging through endless crafting components tedious
>cutscenes
>cutscenes
>"PRESS 1 TO FIND OUT MORE"
>cutscenes
>find my son
>find my wife
>find my daughter
>hold right mouse botton and spam 'E' to uncover clues
>boring unsatisfying combat
>dead world, no exploration, everything is marked out on the map
>convoluted fucking lore, have fun understanding only 50% of all interactions
>FIND MY DAUGHTER AND ILL HELP YOU
>PERSON GONE MISSING
>dumb fucking clunky movement on horse and on foot

Remind me again why this piece of shit won so many awards.
>>
I miss when people actually used the catalog instead making posts like you would on reddit
>>
>>333541835
Because compared to everything else that comes out in a general year it was slightly lest shitty.
>>
>>333541835
good graphics
high production values
>>
>>333541835
Because
>cutscenes
>hold right mouse botton and spam 'E' to uncover clues
Just go on reddit, ppl think this game is to hard
>>
>>333541835

Because i literally can't think of a better modern game.

Can you?
>>
>>333541835

im semi auto off the shits
>>
This was actually one of my favorite things about it.
>>
>>333542925
>Can you?
yes
>>
>>333543756

Such as?
>>
File: 6542654236.jpg (509 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
6542654236.jpg
509 KB, 1920x1080
>convoluted fucking lore, have fun understanding only 50% of all interactions

mfw people talk shit about a witcher game and aren't even interested enough in the story to play all 3 games
>>
>>333543838
dragon age inquisition
>>
>>333544049
Tbf the books are more important to the third game than the first two are.
>>
>>333544158

ebin
>>
>>333544158
Fucking hilarious. that shit is still broken and the online is dead.
>>
File: 1459672707356.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1459672707356.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>>333541835
>Jumps into the third fucking game in a series and expects to know what's going on.
>>
>>333543838
Bloodborne
>>333544158
No, this is worse
>>
>>333541835
witcher 1 was way better IMO, 3 reminds me of skyrim, another shit game with many awards
>>
>>333544479
in which ways did bloodborne build on the mechanics from the previous souls games instead of rehashing them?
>>
File: 1459300535431.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1459300535431.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>333544049
Who gives a fuck about your dumb shitty FANTASY ELVES AND MAGIC story?

They have been copy pasted ten thousand times already in all forms of media across all spectrums everywhere. It is literally the most boring fucking setting you could possibly make.

>BUT NO WAIT ITS DIFFERENT THIS TIME

But it isn't. It's the same fucking shit over and over again. It's babby's first fiction. It's the most artistically immature background to indulge in simply because it's devoid of any real depth and has been run into the ground too many times.

>>333544419
>YOU HAVE TO READ BOOKS TO ENJOY THIS GAME

Fuck off. No I don't. It's not an excuse to not make the game more accessible and easily understandable to those who don't think sitting all day reading fucking lore about a game is a good way to spend your time.

Anyway, 3 hours into the game I decided to just download a cheat engine table to get it over with as quickly as I can. And even with fucking cheats, this game bores me to death. I just skip all dialogue immediately. None of it interests me. It's just more of the same familiar fantasy themes.
>>
>>333544419
>jumping into a series that has a plot that has 8 books and 2 games behind it

I don't know what cdpr could have done differently to introduce everything to new players. That's not a valid complaint from Op.
>>
>>333544917
>
Anyway, 3 hours into the game I decided to just download a cheat engine table to get it over with as quickly as I can. And even with fucking cheats, this game bores me to death. I just skip all dialogue immediately. None of it interests me. It's just more of the same familiar fantasy themes.

So let me get this straight. You downloaded a cheat engine because you didn't enjoy the gameplay, and you skipped the dialogue because it didn't interest you.

That's the whole game. Why did you continue to play if you were literally skipping every part of it rofl holy shit
>>
>>333544663
I could ask the same thing about The Witcher 3, but then I remembered The Witcher 2 was an unplayable mess so I guess you're right, The Witcher 3 is a bigger improvement because its predecessors were so bad.
>>
>>333545139
I didn't even mention the Witcher 3 in my post, the two series aren't even comparable.

Way to dodge the question and throw your salt around.
>>
>>333542329
It also helps that the avg gamer has an IQ of a potato. They gobble up the same shallow shit that gets released year after year. A decent game like W3 comes along and its goty.
>>
>>333545105
Because having found no merit in the atrocious combat and gameplay (what kind of fucking RPG is this where basic RPG functions like armor and weapons are almost nowhere to be found until at least halfway through the game?), I decided to instead see if the story had anything to offer.

It didn't. It's literally just fantasy LA Noire where you play a detective that finds out what happened to missing persons. Everyones talking about how your actions have huge impact on the world. What fucking impact if everything is the exact same after you complete the side quest?

Now I just want to see the ending and get this shit over with.
>>
>>333544917
>that kid who skipped all the dialogue and cutscenes in a story heavy game actually posts on /v/

If you did a minute or two of research before you started playing you could have easily avoided becoming this fucking upset. You said yourself the setting is boring AND elves and magic are stupid AND that you didn't want to waste time reading up on lore and yet you STILL started playing a lore heavy story driven game about elves and magic and you're fucking SERIOUSLY complaining about it HOLY FUCK you could have avoided all this if you read the fucking one paragraph description on the back of the box jesus
>>
>>333541835
>terrible UI making trudging through endless crafting components tedious
>dumb fucking clunky movement on horse and on foot

these are valid points of criticism
the rest are not
>>
>>333544917
Oh, you certainly are a special snowflake.
>>
>>333545335
Well this is a thread about The Witcher 3, and the original statement I responded to was
>i literally can't think of a better modern game.
>>
>>333545809
hahaha ok

You effectively skipped all the gameplay by cheating and you literally skipped all of the dialogue. And you wanted to finish this 80+hour game to see the ending? You skipped all the dialogue for 80 hours, and you wanted to see how it ended... You skipped the dialogue how did you even know what was happening... You could have watched the ending cinematic on youtube. You are fucking retarded dude.
>>
>>333546391
In which ways did bloodborne build on the mechanics from the previous souls games instead of rehashing them?
>>
>>333545974

I didn't expect that it would be this fucking bad.

I didn't expect I'd be watching a movie with minimal interaction.

I thought it was just a lot of background lore but behind all this lied an RPG game that you could enjoy while completely ignoring all the other bullshit if you so wished.

I enjoyed that Warhammer game even though it was lore heavy as fuck and I didnt understand a thing, as well as beating Grim Dawn without once looking up what X or Y was, so I expected this would be similiar, that you could focus on the gameplay even with the story didn't interest you.

But there's just nothing to it or behind it all. It's like watching a really shitty TV series with bad acting and in between you run around a clunky environment with absolutely nothing to do which is a fucking chore.

It makes me feel like Im going to work instead of playing a video game.
>>
>>333544479
I liked bloodborne and all but 450 dollars for a game is a bit expensive.
>>
>>333546754
Grim Dawn isn't even the same fucking genre and I will reiterate that you could have avoided all of this frustration by doing fucking 2 minutes of research before you started playing this long as fuck game. How can you even complain when you went to the deli and wanted turkey but you bought ham because 'you thought it would be like turkey'. This is your own fault, you're dumb.
>>
Witcherfags BTFO
>>
File: 1687828-id10t[1].jpg (21 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
1687828-id10t[1].jpg
21 KB, 300x279
>>333545809
>>333544917
>>333541835
>>333544479
>>333545139
>>333546754
>>
>>333542017
I miss when the catalog didn't exist and /v/ had only 5 pages with only 5 threads each. Back when you could actually talk about video games here without every thread being
>HURR THIS GAME SUCKS
>NO U SUCK DURR
>>
>>333544917
>Who gives a fuck about your dumb shitty FANTASY ELVES AND MAGIC story?

People who are into medieval fantasy crpgs?

You're basically shitting on the game because of its genre. Everything you said about the setting being boring and copypasted is true about every other setting including scifi, cyberpunk, modern military, post apocolyptic etc. I don't even particularly like fantasy settings but you're just a massive douche.
>>
>>333544917
Kill yourself, weeb faggot.
>>
>>333541835
>claims to be an RPG
>only thing close to being an RPG is having to get better equipment
>the character is set
>no choices in conversations
>importing save from previous games is irrelevant, only gives a bunch of cosmetics
>activate not-Eagle Vision to solve everything

How is this more of an RPG than Fallout 4?
>>
>>333551045
It's an RPG cuz u play teh role of Geralt
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.