[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most overrated game on /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: FfixLogo.jpg (315 KB, 2000x601) Image search: [Google]
FfixLogo.jpg
315 KB, 2000x601
What's the most overrated game on /v/?
>>
Not FFIX
>>
Mgs series
>>
>>333537956
this desu senpai
>>
FFIX
>>
Any indie game, Undertale, Hyper Light, Lisa

Oh and MGS in general.
>>
>>333537536
meme souls games
>>
>>333537536
FFIX for sure
>>
>>333537536
HAHAHHAHAHA epik post upvoted my friend :^)

get some moral xDDD
>>
>>333537536
Definitely this.

>sloooooow battles with looong intros (I played it on actual hardware and regret it)
>story that starts off strong and goes to absolute shit halfway through
>multiple characters have beyond shit character development or have their arcs forgotten (Freya, Amarant)
>Vivi is the only good character
>Zidane is a shit main character with no depth, suddenly the devs realized they forget to make him interesting so they shoehorn in his 'existential crisis' over nothing at the end when Vivi just went through a more significant life-and-death existential crisis and dealt with it better despite being a kid
>trance system broken
>skill system awful
>bad game design choices like Firaga, Blizzaga and Thundaga being missable
>the one game where the protagonist is a Thief the Steal system is stupid as shit

Music and city design sure is nice though.

b-b-b-but it's so happy and """comfy"""" unlike FF6, 7 and 8!!
>>
>>333537536
Every Souls game.
>>
>all this samefagging

FF12 is far more overrated and talked than FF9 ever has been.

Witcher 2 and MGS2 are close second. They're simply shit.
>>
File: I want to beat that rhythm.png (1 KB, 168x204) Image search: [Google]
I want to beat that rhythm.png
1 KB, 168x204
>>333538435
I used to unironically think this till I played Dark Souls.

It's amazing that a game like this was made in the AAA era of linear (or in today's case, too open with nothing to do except do checklist of chores). It's obtuse in the right ways, filled with secrets, exploration and side paths, teaches you things without holding your hand or forcing tutorials down your throat, has a combat system that's fundamentally simple but nuanced enough to require skill and keep you on your toes, great bosses, a very original and thoroughly inspired online integration, and great replay value.

Yeah I hopped on the Souls dicksucking train really late but I totally see why people love it and it deserves all the praise it gets.
>>
>>333538690
>samefagging
check those unique posters fampai

for the record 12 is overrated too
>>
File: samefag kitty.jpg (72 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
samefag kitty.jpg
72 KB, 700x468
>>333538989
>posting on his phone's cellular network to make it look like a unique IP
>I-I CAN'T BE SAMEFAGGING LOOK AT THE IP COUNT
>>
>>333538896
But Souls isn't a AAA game. There are still plenty of non-AAA studios in Japan. There's nothing surprising about it being made now, the only surprising thing is it doesn't star a bunch of anime girl childs.
>>
>>333539208
can't post from my phone on 4chan, the IP range or whatever has been banned for abuse.

plus there was more than 2 people saying IX is overrated so unless you think I'm a super dedicated drug dealer I don't know why you're so paranoid
>>
File: Final Fantasy.png (84 KB, 1880x611) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy.png
84 KB, 1880x611
>>333537536
>First 10
>then 7
>then 6
>now 9
I don't get the pattern.
>>
>>333539667
is this a bait image?
>>
Super Mario Sunshine
>>
RDR is boring crap
>>
>>333538367

b-b-but it's a throwback to older Final Fantasy games!
>>
>>333539667
It would be perfect if 4 was still there. That's where Final Fantasy basically got its main formula. 5 took that and expanded the gameplay but people still give the job system way too much credit.
>>
Majora's Mask
Planescape Torment
Metal Gear Solid 3
>>
>>333537536
>>333538690
IX and XII are underrated.

>>333539667
Everything that is popular on /v/ will become hated a few days later.
>>
>>333543457
>Everything that is popular on /v/ will become hated a few days later.
yeah but why the order?

which FF comes next?
>>
MGS
Planescape Torment
Deus ex(its actually really good but not nearly as good as /v/ makes it appear)
Any of the Zelda titles
The most overrated FF on /v/ changes with the weather though 6 is probably the most fellated even if it is really good, similiar to deus ex
>>
>>333537536
Any Russian games are automatically two points lowered than they're scored. All PC exclusives are four points lower, and if it's a PC exclusive made by Russians, it's guaranteed shit. Yes, Stalker is shit. Metro is shit. ARMA is shit.
>>
>>333537536
you posted it op
>>
Overrated is a dumb buzzword that basically means "I disagree with an opinion held by a group of people therefore it is invalid". Fucking worthless.
>>
Dark Souls series, and Tactics is far more overrated here than 9.
>>
>>333537536
FFIX isn't even that popular here. Whenever there's a IX threads half of the posters are talking about how IX is the worst. Souls and MGS are very popular but they're good enough to not be overrated. I'd say Nuclear Throne or Lisa get a lot more credit than they deserve.
>>
>>333537536
bloodborne and dark souls, but then again it is maybe just not my genre and maybe it is actually someone elses 10 out of 10.
>>
>>333539667
>that image
besides the first note its pretty spot on. I'd probably mention Bravely Default as a spiritual successor to FF, but im just gonna guess this image came before that game.

Sucks Second is so shit though
>>
>>333537536
Not really. IX is one of the more overlooked titles in Final Fantasy, along with V and XII. More suitable candidates would be
>MGS3
>Super Metroid
>any Zelda game
>any Souls game or Bloodborne
>any Witcher game
>STALKER
>>
>>333549621
>FFIX isn't even that popular here

kek
>>
Not that one.
>>
Dark Souls and any game on the Vita.
>>
Souls and MGS are probably the most overrated series on /v/
>>
>>333551473
>IX
>more popular than Vi, hailed as the best 2D FF and one of the best RPGs ever
>more popular than VII, fucking FINAL FANTASY 7
>more popular than XIII shitposters
na
>>
>>333543457
No, XII is overrated, I know you people don't like to hear it, but XII is the most overrated FF even surpassing VII (but only barely).
>>
>>333538367
>sloooooow battles with looong intros (I played it on actual hardware and regret it)
>story that starts off strong and goes to absolute shit halfway through

You just described every single JRPG
>>
Morrowind. It's a game that came and went without making a splash but a couple autists played it when they were 12 and now it's the go-to GOTYAY of half the board
>>
>>333538367
>I didn't understand Zidane's primary character flaw so I'm going to pretend his inability to admit personal turmoil and accept help from others came out of nowhere
The fact that he's being a huge hypocrite after everything he said to Vivi was the entire point, idiot.
>>
>>333537536
Any souls game ever or dragons dogma
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.