[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>kicked and session banned for too many team kills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: risingstorm.png (409 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
risingstorm.png
409 KB, 616x353
>kicked and session banned for too many team kills
>>
maybe try checking your map sometime

fucking kids today i swear
>>
>>333537691
>dudes running in your direction, from the direction you are expecting enemies to come from
>shoot because it moves and is likely enemy
>lol TK

What's worse is playing TL and having retards on your team run into your arty and not forgiving you.
>>
File: 1426629284289.png (442 KB, 500x607) Image search: [Google]
1426629284289.png
442 KB, 500x607
>>333537487
Scrubs never check the map and most of the time they don't even notice when they tk at all.
>>
Holy shit just look at the uniforms or do you need big fucking red letters above the enemy? Back to cod with you.
>>
>>333538082
You sound like the retard
>>
>>333538082
this happens very very rarely unless you're fucking retarded
>>
>>333538082

>he cant tell the telltale difference between Axis and Allies

Axis carry their weapon in one hand when they run, Allies use both hands. If this isn't obvious enough to you, memorise the uniform color differences.
>>
>>333538082

People will say you'r bad, but when you're on defence you need to be watching somewhere. Not running around like a retard playing CoD. It happens to me all the time.

>Watching doorway of house from inside
>Enemy ran through 5 seconds ago and I got them
>Teammate runs through and I gun him down

Play a different game please people with ADD
>>
how hard is it to type "shit sorry *player name*" in the chat?

overwhelming majority of players always forgive
>>
File: 1441373592066.jpg (65 KB, 527x631) Image search: [Google]
1441373592066.jpg
65 KB, 527x631
If ever you worry you're not good enough for 'hardcore' online games like RO2, never forget you're sharing them with people like Op.
>>
>>333538082
This shouldn't happen more than once every other match. Only veteran players manage to flank that far behind the enemy team and will usually tell you if they're up there.
>>
>>333540009
Yeah it's usually not worth getting upset about, unless you know that person is intentionally TKing just forgive and get the ticket back. I try to tell new players how to spot friendlies to help them avoid TKs.
>>
>>333538082
Git gud. Seriously.

The only acceptable time you would get kicked for TKing is if you're commander with arty and stupid fucking people on your team run in anyway even though you told them multiple times to wait
>>
It always amazes me when low level riflemen are kicked for TK. There's people who say squad leader and team leader should be locked until you reach a certain honor level, I would go further and say that players should get ammunition for their rifle or grenades until they've demonstrated they know what they're doing.
>>
>>333538082
>Plays Commander
>Can't differentiate friend or foe

Stop playing Commander scrub, because I'm damn sure you have no idea what the fuck you're doing. And stay the hell away from Squad Leader as well.
>>
>>333542153
It's unbelievably frustrating when you're trying to hold one position, and your squad leader is some low level punk that just wanted an SMG, hanging around 200m away from the point and doing jack shit. I really hope Rising Storm 2 has a way to forcibly demote them aside from kicking.
>>
>>333537487

Learn to use the minimap flamer retard.
>>
>>333542990

RS 2 will have no progression system so we won't even be able to tell a scrub from a veteran player. Unless they only meant passive perks and weapon unlocks. I'd be fine with that change if they keep cosmetic leveling.
>>
I really do wish I didn't suck balls hard at this game. I really love it but dear God, it is the hardest online experience to invest yourself into. Twenty hours and I still don't know what the fuck the right thing to do in situations is.

Feels good to take down tanks, though. Your team just congratulating you on a good shot. Aaaargh, it feels good.
>>
>New to the game and join a server
>Getting hype because I just gunned down six fuckers at once
>my team figure I'm new and politely tell me not to gun down the wrong side
>feel awkward

Mistakes can easily be made on this game, it's what makes it so fun
>>
>>333537487
That's what you get for throwing grenades randomly.
>>
>>333544204

It's really not that hard. I've got about 100 hours clocked on the game and I'm always in the top 10 on the scoreboard and end up number one in one of the categories every couple of matches.

Pro tip: if you want to get the good weapon no responsibility classes (assault, elite assault, elite rifleman, automatic rifleman etc.) every round install the game on an SSD.
>>
File: panzer boom.webm (2 MB, 564x514) Image search: [Google]
panzer boom.webm
2 MB, 564x514
>>333544204
I don't recommend starting off with AT, it's a very difficult class to play if you don't know the weakspots and best places to shoot from. You should learn the classes like this.
Rifleman->Elite Rifleman->Assault->Elite Assault->Engineer->MG->SL->TL->AT->Tank->Marksman
In order of difficulty and gamesense needed.
>>
>>333544764
>>333544772

I'll take to that SSD rule.

I am curious. How does one become an effective rifleman?
>>
>>333545164
stay off the front lines and flank. Find a good spot to camp and support the assaults from a distance. If need be, push, but don't overextend. Even following guides you're still gonna die a lot.
>>
File: 1413970208552.png (54 KB, 200x211) Image search: [Google]
1413970208552.png
54 KB, 200x211
>mfw a guy on my squad just called me a "really good SL"
Thanks guy
>>
>>333545443
>stay off the front lines and flank.

Holy shit no wonder I've been constantly destroyed that makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>333545164
>>333545443

Also listen to your SLs and TL. SLs will usually be mutes who don't tell you shit and in the best case scenario be a good spawn point but once in a blue moon you'll get a good one.
>>
>>333545443
Meh, riflemen are always needed inside cap zones as well, as they're the most numerous.
>>
>>333545164
>I am curious. How does one become an effective rifleman?
There are two ways to play rifleman.
1. Stick close to your TL and watch an angle for him. Always try to be in or near the capzone as the bulk of the team.
2. Go far to the flank and snipe players crossing corridors or peeking out from cover.
>>
>>333538791
>Holy shit just look at the uniforms or do you need big fucking red letters above the enemy? Back to cod with you.

I play with bolt action most of the time. When the whole American team has autos and semi-autos you have to shoot first and shoot accurate in CQB. Often times you have to make an assumption based on the location and direction, as well as noises.
>>
>>333545775
Whoops
Stick close to your SL*
If your SL tells you to do something, you better fucking do it. Also likewise give him anything information you think might be useful.
>>
File: 1427296931960.png (163 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
1427296931960.png
163 KB, 424x470
>be SL
>defendan nicely inside the cap zone
>friendly flamethrower runs up and flames me right in the face
>>
>>333542715
>Stop playing Commander scrub, because I'm damn sure you have no idea what the fuck you're doing. And stay the hell away from Squad Leader as well.

Sometimes as TL you put down arty after giving a verbal warning over chat and then people still move into the area you are shelling.

Sometimes they even charge into the barrage right in the middle of it falling. They are bound to die and it's not the TLs fault.

I know because I bayonet charge into friendly artillery all the time on the Japanese side. I always forgive TL though.
>>
>>333545601
>Holy shit no wonder I've been constantly destroyed that makes a lot of sense.

If everyone does that on defense then the capture zone is lost.
>>
>>333545164
By continuing to play rifleman. Even if other classes present themselves, you pick rifleman. You learn where to aim with the rifles, you learn how to lead on moving targets. You learn how to steady your aim for far targets and how to quickly aim for enemies that surprise you up close. You need to learn when it's appropriate to bayonet (it's slightly different for every rifle) and when it's appropriate to use grenades.

Most of all you need you need to learn how to use terrain to stay in cover so you can move to the objective. Despite what other people may tell you, low level rifleman should always be in the point, capping it or preventing it from being capped. Even if you're not getting kills, your presence there helps you win the game. That's the most important thing. Do not be on the flanks if you could be in the cap. Spawn on your SL if you can spawn closer to the cap, otherwise forget about him or join a different squad. That's the one nice thing about rifleman, you usually have a few options for SLs and maybe one of them will be higher than honor level 40.
>>
Just jumped back into this game for a couple of matches and very rapidly remembered my own golden rule: Never have a line of sight directly towards the enemy.

I'm deeply mediocre at games at the best of times, and that rule serves me incredibly well here.
>>
>>333545775
>There are two ways to play rifleman.
>1. Stick close to your TL and watch an angle for him. Always try to be in or near the capzone as the bulk of the team.
>2. Go far to the flank and snipe players crossing corridors or peeking out from cover.

There is a 3rd way to play, if you are on the Nippon team.

BANZAAAAAIIIII!!!!!
>>
>>333546287
>By continuing to play rifleman. Even if other classes present themselves, you pick rifleman. You learn where to aim with the rifles, you learn how to lead on moving targets. You learn how to steady your aim for far targets and how to quickly aim for enemies that surprise you up close. You need to learn when it's appropriate to bayonet (it's slightly different for every rifle) and when it's appropriate to use grenades.
>Most of all you need you need to learn how to use terrain to stay in cover so you can move to the objective. Despite what other people may tell you, low level rifleman should always be in the point, capping it or preventing it from being capped. Even if you're not getting kills, your presence there helps you win the game. That's the most important thing. Do not be on the flanks if you could be in the cap. Spawn on your SL if you can spawn closer to the cap, otherwise forget about him or join a different squad. That's the one nice thing about rifleman, you usually have a few options for SLs and maybe one of them will be higher than honor level 40.

This.

Also, using the bolt-action sharpens your shooting the most. When I first started I only played rifleman. And pick up an automatic or submachinegun off the ground if you come across one. You'll notice a difference. After using a bolt-action rifle for a few matches, with a SMG suddenly you'll get a bunch of kills before you die and lose it.

Each of the three times I found an STG-44 on the ground I immediately got a 10+ killstreak with absolute ease.
>>
>>333546316
>couple of nips going banzai on me and some others in a house
>shoot one of the fuckers in the gut multiple times
>doesn't give a fuck and casually stabs me in the face
Banzai is OP as fuck
>>
>>333545791

Shameful display. If you can't tell Nipponese from gaijin on sight you should do the honorable thing and switch sides. Then you'll at least contribute to American ticket loss because of TKs and deaths.
>>
>>333546729
Also you should turn on manual bolting if you haven't already. Incredibly helpful.
>>
>>333546843
It should be pointed out that manual bolting is faster than auto-bolting, in addition to letting you stab someone immediately after shooting, which sometimes they really need doing to them.
>>
File: 1410717102506.jpg (236 KB, 804x900) Image search: [Google]
1410717102506.jpg
236 KB, 804x900
>>333546315
Other important rules are:
>Never look straight out from a window
>When you're defending a building and there's entrances and stairwells that aren't being covered, you better not be fucking looking out a window holy shit you scrub
>If you've shot from a position, don't keep peeking from the same spot
>Don't use the same piece of cover as your SL. You'll draw fire and get him killed
>If you see rifleman as a punishment for joining a match late you need to play more rifleman.
>>
File: DSC_0009.jpg (2 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0009.jpg
2 MB, 3104x1746
>pick soviet squad leader
>shoot everyone that tries to retreat
Historicly accurate cosplay. Who is doing the same?
>>
File: sorry.png (32 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
sorry.png
32 KB, 144x144
>TK'ing retards that can't check uniforms, maps, or sprinting animations
>Usually the same retards mic-spamming tired as fuck memes we've all heard every single day dozens, if not hundreds of times, especially at round ends.
Why is cross-team VOIP even a thing? And why is the menu system for muting people so dogshit that it requires you renew your mutes every match?
>>
>>333547410
There's plenty of times where it's appropriate to retreat. If you don't retreat after losing an objective, chances are your team will just be outflanked and you'll lose the next objective right away.
>>
>>333547410

>kill retreating coward
>ask for forgiveness so you don't get booted
>>
File: [laugh track].gif (2 MB, 470x437) Image search: [Google]
[laugh track].gif
2 MB, 470x437
>>333547410
Please don't be that retard
>TL: We need to retreat
>BBBUT WE'RE SOVIETS WE CAN'T DO THAT
>Team ignores TL
>3 minutes later
>Allies: 0 Axis: 243
>>
>>333547727
It took about a year for the devs to get the muting system to even work. The menus in the game are complete garbage, but at least they're functional now.
>>
File: [sweating intensifies].jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
[sweating intensifies].jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>tfw don't dare to speak in voice chat
>>
>>333547410
>not ever tactically retreating

This is why the Germans win in RO2 so often. Because of spergs like you making godawful tactical decisions.
>>
>>333548429
That's not a bad thing. People seem to be under the impression that there should always be someone talking on VOIP. It's both irritating and distracting.
>>
I love team killing and then talking about how the holocaust never happened. Gets people mad every single time without fault.
>>
>>333548691
>Being this autistic
I wish servers actually had admins. I also wish retards wouldn't respond to the bait and argue for the next 20 minutes so I have to fuck with the god awful menus to mute 10 people instead of 1.
>>
>firing my 30 call against jap scum from a hill corner in Hanto
>level 18 who is packed to the prim with looted weapons and running 1 mile a hour comes up
>looks at me
>turns around and flops down in front blocking my view

i swear to fucking god if that wasnt my last strike and i didnt want to risk weapon exp.
>>
>>333548039

also the soviets didnt mind tactical retreats just full fucking routes were the ones turned into shooting galleries
>>
US weapons are fucking worthless. 30cal sucks, BAR sucks, Thompson sucks
>>
>>333549742

git gud
>>
>be murrican
>get fucked by constant barrage of skillfully placed kneemortars
>>
>>333549742
Your post is bait, indefensible and wrong in every way, yet I'm still replying.
>>
>>333549121
I've been told it does add to your weapon xp, even if you get kicked.
>>
>>333550072

>knee mortars
>skillful

keked
>>
>>333550216
I leveled everything years ago, but back when I was still gaining weapon ranks getting kicked or having the server crash would make you lose progress. It might have changed since then, though.
>>
>>333545164

really simple:

>are there a bunch of friendlies around you? Push forward. Stay low. Move between cover and dive if you need to.

>are you all alone
wait for friendlies. pick a good defensive position and hold till you get backup.
>>
>mfw i realized that you can zero with knee mortar
only took me 120 hours in the damn game
>>
>>333547410
Red Army didn't actually just blindly zerg rush though.
>>
>>333550216
No they fixed that long ago.
>>
>>333549742
>Thompson sucks

what a load of shit
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.