[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tell me >Tell me >Tell me >(Sarcastic tell me)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: obsidian choices.jpg (433 KB, 1492x1055) Image search: [Google]
obsidian choices.jpg
433 KB, 1492x1055
>Tell me
>Tell me
>Tell me
>(Sarcastic tell me)

Wow. Obsidian are truly the masters of RPGs.
>>
ok
>>
okey dokey
>>
roger
>>
do you feel lonely sometimes OP?
>>
Sarcastic ok
>>
so lonely that the knifes in the kitchen sing a sweet song, a very sweet song of salvation
>>
>>333535618

Didn't this game come out like 3 years ago? Didn't like nobody buy it? Why are you still shiposting about it?
>>
hai hai
>>
>>333537120
>Didn't this game come out like 3 years ago?

What? No.
>>
File: the sweet song of salvation.png (101 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
the sweet song of salvation.png
101 KB, 500x349
they sang to me last night:

embrace us human child, pick us up and use us

we bring salvation that you no longer have to shitpost on 4chan

we end your torment
>>
>>333535618
Didn't already have this thread today?
>>
Has anyone heard about that upcoming Obsidian RPG Tyranny?

The premise is that it takes place after a normal RPG story except the bad guy won and took over the world. You're a high inquisitor or some shit of the evil empire. Sounds pretty interesting IMO.
>>
>>333535618
Another thread, another chance on not being called out on your mental condition.

No such luck in this thread though.
>>
>>333537670
20 hours long though.
>>
>>333537670
mite b cool

I had a great time with Pillars, and since the market really isn't flooded with cRPGs, I can tolerate the game not being flawless in every aspect.
>>
>>333535618
Literally every RPG with dialogue choices has been like this, it is not a new thing.
>>
>>333537120
No, it´s not even a year old, and it sold so little that they released an expansion.
It sold very well for them. nothing to make a big publisher sweat, but still.
>>
File: 1368660673514.jpg (62 KB, 490x361) Image search: [Google]
1368660673514.jpg
62 KB, 490x361
>>333535618

After paying a visit in Siege of Dragonspear, that looks like Shakespeare to me. I say Obsidian did a pretty solid job with Pillars.
>>
>>333537120
Think it sold okay, and the last expansion came out this year so the content isn't super old. Think it's because of the Baldur's Gate thing taking place.
>>
>>333538176

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion SoD is the superior game even with its glaring flaws.
>>
>>333535618

Don't they influence your character's disposition in different ways?
>>
>>333538453
>Beamdog writing

Please tell me you just can't read and play the game for the pictures.
>>
>>333538526
Some dialogue does, don't know about this specific choice.
>>
File: 1459890769841.png (471 KB, 632x483) Image search: [Google]
1459890769841.png
471 KB, 632x483
>>333535618
>can make literally any game you want to
>fans shower you with money
>it's a generic dnd setting with rtwp combat
>afterwards you patch your game because tranny said so
>call your next generic dnd game tranny

wew
>>
>>333538884

Pillars of Eternity writing was no better. In addition to that, its gameplay was boring and got stale/repetitive quickly, combat was tedious, NPCs were bland and weak, equally as buggy and broken at launch as SoD, half of the NPCs in the game are kickstarter backer self-inserts, more trannies than SoD, more SJW than SoD, more memes than SoD.

SoD has plenty of problems but ultimate it is still Baldur's Gate gameplay, which I find fun. For the most part the old characters are exactly how I remember them, and that makes me happy.

Like I said, it's just my opinion but I'm not about to pretend like a 4/10 game is better than a 6/10 game because hating Beamdog is the current /v/ trend.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.