[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aL QNgyeqh8 Battleborn is g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aLQNgyeqh8
Battleborn is going to be the dark horse of FPS this year.

Open Beta is out tomorrow for the PS4 and the 13th for PC/Xbox One.

So which character do you like?
>>
>>
should've just named it Borderlands: the moba

the game is dead on arrival even if it was f2p
>>
i remember playing the pc beta and using that chick with the rapier,sophie i think her name was
>>
Going to try the open beta for ps4 tomorrow.

I wonder why this isn't f2p. Seems like it'd be a good choice for the game.
>>
File: 1876802_0.jpg (19 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1876802_0.jpg
19 KB, 540x309
>>333534501
Phoebe.
>>
>>333534279
Played this back in the tech test. Pretty fucking boring. Overwatch is more fun for sure, but overall this new genre is a huge disappointment. Gigantic was probably the worst overall.
>>
>>333534649
SP and F2P causes games to be monetized to hell and back.
Hell, its got more content than OW at an additional 10 eu and the former ain't F2P.
>>
>>333534685
yeah that was her name thanks, I kind of want to get this because i enjoyed the beta but im not exactly big on moba's
>>
>>333534819
Oh yeah, forgot about the stat upgrade gear that you could only get through crate drops. When I found out that they were charging full retail for this game on top of the P2W F2P model, I uninstalled immediately.
>>
>>333535023
It's not a moba, Not really anyway. It's just that one mode that has the same mentality but the game is a hybrid.
Play the beta and make up your mind.
>>333535083
There is no P2W elements at all. Gear is obtained in game and requires in match currency in order to activate.
>>
>>333535238
>option to buy currency for stat upgrades isn't pay 2 win

k
>>
>>333536121
>>option to buy currency for stat upgrades isn't pay 2 win
It isn't because you can't spend real money on it at all. And the stat upgrades don't come into effect unless you activate it manually inside of a match using shards that would otherwise be used to build turrets that also increase your xp for helix levels.
Better still? Gear cost scales by rarity and effectiveness so you have to decide whether you're gonna grind for ten minutes to get enough shards to activate one piece of gear when that time and shards could have been used for the actual match.
>>
Played the beta or tech test (forgot which)
fucking awful joke of a game
don't buy
>>
>>333537486
This
>>
The one which isn't dead

So none of them

Honestly they just need to make another borderlands already

>>333534685
le balanced sword lady

Back in the beta she was so hilariously overpowered I went 20/2 in the very first game I ever played.
>>
Anyone played both this and Overwatch that any thoughts on the similarities/differences?
>>
>>333537880
similarities: shit
differences: everything else
>>
>>333537486
>>333537660
I thought it had potential but balance was all over the place.
>>333537880
It's only similar in that both games are shooters and characters have ultimates. Other than that it's very different.
Battleborn has more variety in how characters actually play with a hefty dose of melee influenced combat. It also has co op and and a campaign with every mission seemingly ending on a raid boss of sorts.
It's more akin to something like Monday Night Combat.
>>
>>333534279
>another generic pastiche moba
>>
>>333538376
But only one mode of it can even be remotely described as a moba.
>>
>>333534279
this still exists, I thought it was cancelled after Overwatch was announced?

I literally, LITERALLY hear nothing about this game after the announcement a few years ago until this thread
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.