[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
File: PS-Plus-1024x576.jpg (53 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
PS-Plus-1024x576.jpg
53 KB, 1024x576
What went so wrong?
>>
Nothing
>>
we went from getting okay-decent AAA games to indie shit
>>
Shitty ass "free" indie games.
>>
>>333533207
>>333533204
Whoa now, Galak-Z is pretty GOAT.
>>
when sony started winning the console generation

they dont have to give a shit about "free" games. MS is giving away a first party exclusive, a full season of a telltale game, and two AAA 360 games that will run on an xbox one.

PS4, #4THEPLAYERS, gets indieshit and a port of a wii u game that is actually worse than the wii u game
>>
This month's games are pretty good
>>
>>333533363
For every Galak-Z there are three indie shovelware games.
>>
File: mmm it's pretty good.jpg (15 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
mmm it's pretty good.jpg
15 KB, 250x200
>>333533420
>>
>>333533420
no theyre fucking not come on
>>
>>333533135
>PS4
>The hype for PS4
>The Vita quality graphics on "PS4" games
>>
It was good when PS3 was on top but as soon as the PS4 dropped, it went to dog shit indie games every fucking month.
>>
Absofuckinglutely nothing

Sony just started giving shit games to Westerb PS+ to finally give good games to Eastern PS+

Source: me playing a bunch of great games on my jap+
>>
>>333533374
>a port of a wii u game
Which one?
>>
>>333533420
you best be havin a giggle m8
>>
>>333534476
Zombi U
>>
>>333533135

> PS4

Nothing else...
>>
>>333533135
It became mandatory for online so they no longer had to try and attracct people with the games.
>>
>It's a /v/ doesn't think PS+ games are free episode
>>
>>333534724
They aren't.

Even if they were, the games would still be trash.
>>
>>333533135
I don't have friends to play with so it becomes useless
>>
>>333533135
They simply don't have enough games. The system has, what, one or two games worth owning?
>>
>force users to subscribe by shoving online play into the service
>no longer need to offer a quality service to keep people paying
>>
>>333534927
Amen. In my case, I suck so bad that I would never want to play multiplayer mode.
>>
>>333535334
This is basically what's happening. Why would they give away AAA games when they can get away with giving away indie shovelware?
>>
>>333533135
Going from optional to mandatory.
>>
How the fuck did they go from helldivers to the shit in last 2 months
>>
It went from

>optional but great value for considering the games you get

to

>mandatory if you want online MP with nothing but indie crap
>>
PSN being free was what gave it a leg up against 360's online. Now I have to fucking pay? Eeeehhhhhh
>>
>indie shit every month

and it's not even good indie shit

I can't remember when was the last good month, like a year ago?

It used to be genuinely worth the money and they put out good stuff on it, especially for PS3 but now it's garbage tier
>>
>>333533420
Zombi is okay

I wanted to play it when it came out on the WiiU.

If I wanted a better version I would play Dead Island
>>
Can some explain why I paid for 1 month of PS+ but have had it for almost half a year now?
>>
>>333535819
Last game I got any mileage out of was Rocket League last July.
>>
>>333535882

I hope you never put your card details in your PSN account.
>>
>>333533135
this
>>333533902
>>333534618
>>
>>333535997
I have but I've checked my transaction history and Sony isnt jewing me, as far as I know.
>>
>>333535970
I still play that from time to time but in short bursts. waiting for that basketball update for more mileage.
>>
The problem is that most publishers won't want to risk losing sales of their games by putting them up for free unless they were already total flops
Add to that with Sony has no motivation to put in effort on selling PS+ now that it's mandatory for standard online and being less than 3 years into the gen, they don't have that much to offer as free games
So that leaves us with indie games that would be fine with exposure of a wide audience at the cost of reduced money from each download
>>333533363
And Broforce was fucking terrible
>>
>>333535882

If you used a credit card you're probably auto subscribing. You don't check your shit?
>>
>>333535882
Auto-renewal.

Check your email, slick.
>>
PS4 happend

Let's say Sony has budget X for free games each month and they can give away any number of games within the X budget

so, when there was just PS3 and Vita, they were doing something like 60% of budget for PS3 games and 40% for Vita. This resulted in about 2 good PS3 games and 1 good Vita game each month

Then, PS4 comes around. And you gave to give free shit for all 3 consoles. So, you end up doing 45% for PS3, 35% for PS4 and 20% for Vita, which only allows for ONE good game, a PS3 title each month and fuckton of indie shit

Unless they can increase their monthy budget significantly, the only solution would be discontinuing one of the consoles.Obviously not PS4. so either Vita or PS3.
>>
>>333533363
No, it was mediocre. Its not even a completed game.
>>
>>333536638

>PS+ membership increases dramatically with PS4 release
>PS+ budget remains constant
I bet Sony actually did this.
>>
>>333535882
Auto renew. You've paid $60 for half of year when you could have paid $50 (at full retail) for one year. lel
>>
>>333533135
They stopped giving Japanese games and keep giving indie trash now

Fuck PS+
>>
It turned into steam

Churning out indie shit straight into our libraries for a small price
>>
Dead star is decent. They also recently did helldivers and gauntlet, both great games.
>>
They had a good sale the other week or two but it was mainly games you can't play on the ps4 but can on ps3.

MGS 1, 2, 3 & peace walker

Jojo bizarre adventure

can't even play ps1 classics like Spyro
>>
File: header[1].jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
34 KB, 460x215
>this piece of garbo 2 months in a row for ps3 owners
it's laughable how blatantly awful this service has become
>>
>>333535997
>>333536442
>>333536591
>>333536886
Ohhh wait they have been taking out $10 on the same day every month. Haha, silly me, I didnt even notice. It's nice not being a poorfag
>>
>>333534640
only right answer.
>>
>>333537273
Is it nice being retarded?
>>
>>333537273
>$10 a month for playstation plus
boy you dun goofed
>>
How do you avoid PSN auto renewal? Apart from just not giving it your card details.
>>
>>333537842

just set the auto-renewal setting off
>>
>>333537842
you can switch off auto renew on psn plus details
>>
They have no choice but to give us indie shit because those are the only fucking games on the playstation 4. If they gave use semi-decent games they would run out in 4 months. I just use PS+ to play with buddies, nothing more.
>>
It became mandatory
>>
I liked broforce......
>>
It become mandatory.
>>
they're fully aware the "free games" aren't worth shit. $10 a month blows just to pay to play online for internet I'm already paying a shit ton for. Ps+ and Microsoft Gold are nothing more than money grubbing schemes that people have no choice but to buy into. Or you could get a PC
>>
>>333538597
Broforce is fun, and if you liked it don't let anyone take that away from you. Sincerely, Jesus.
>>
>around the ps4 only on weekends
>2day free trial is sufficient
>trial no longer available on new accounts
>sell ps4 play ps2&3 instead

PS4 is a brick anyway
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.