[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so is this just another gone homo or is this something else entirely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: lifeisstrange.jpg (67 KB, 530x335) Image search: [Google]
lifeisstrange.jpg
67 KB, 530x335
so is this just another gone homo or is this something else entirely
>>
Discount Steins;Gate with liberal arts students and a weaker story

It's not terrible, maybe a 6/10
>>
It's teen angst with time powers.

Closer to something like Taletale or Heavy Rain than Gone Home.
>>
As a normie, I'd say 9/10, my GF fucking loved it. It wasn't a SJW game, it was pretty intense towards episode 3 and on, and the way the characters unraveled was pretty awesome.

The consensus among non-normies is "tumblr game lel 6/10 chloe is shit".

Take that as you will.
>>
It's like a Telltale movie except not as bad
>>
It's pretty good, in fact I usually dislike those "visual novels" but this one really stands out.
Deals with a few difficult themes with subtelty.
Also, disregard the critics about the ending, most of them miss the point.
Still, if interactive or semi-interactive stories are not your thing, you might find it lacking.
>>
>>333511492
This anon is correct.

I liked Chloe though, more than liked Max.

But was she really using Max?
>>
Episode 1 to 4 are great. Episode 5 is ok.
>>
>>333510941
Weak plot, nothing is really answered as to how her powers work or why they're there in the first place.

Max is legitimately autistic. I got a good laugh out of it so it's worth a play at least to laugh at it if nothing else.
>>
>>333510941
Better than anything telltale has ever shit out. It was pretty fucking comfy.
>>
It's a hipster's wet dream
>>
I like story based games, but I think telltale games are boring and linear as shit. This game has some really well executed concepts, but it's not perfect.

I'm hoping it sold well enough that we'll see more of this and less of "nothing you pick ever matters" and fucking telltale facial expressions holy shit they're bad and I feel like the only one who is so bothered by them.
>>
File: Hipster or Lesbian.png (528 KB, 1448x812) Image search: [Google]
Hipster or Lesbian.png
528 KB, 1448x812
Could've been a little gayer, but a overall very good.
>>
It's basically a Telltale game with a good, original story, and the ability to rewind time is pretty interesting.

The story is actually pretty cerebral and there are a few legitimate what the fuck and holy shit moments, and the last half of the game has some pretty intense moments.

Yes, there are some tumblr and teen angst moments, but they never feel out of place or preachy. The main characters are teenage girls at an art school, so it feels normal. I really enjoyed the game, and i'm not even a huge fan of visual novel games. If you think you'll like it you probably will.
>>
All I know of this is from brote's videos, and from those it just looks like garbage. North-american highschool settings with teenage bullshit that tries to be "hip" and "with it" but just ends up being cringe-inducing forever, partly because that's just what teenage settings are, partly because it's written by people past their prime who can only use their memories and outdated reddit memes as reference.

Some people like this though so I don't know.
>>
File: kate.jpg (40 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40 KB, 425x516
>>
>>333512471
cute! CUTE!
>>
>Game opens with text that says 'Your decisions matter'
>First scene is walking up a hill with no options
>Second scene forces you to take a selfie to continue the game, again no other option
>Third scene forces you to take a specific series of actions to continue
>First puzzle involves abusing your time travel powers dumping paint on someone who was mildly rude to you, no other solutions are offered

Literal shit.
>>
>>333511095
>anime is always superior!!!

LiS blows Steins;Gate out of the fucking water weeb.
>>
>>333512471
i want to fuck kate
>>
>>333511492
So essentially like The Last of Us. Anyone without mental problems loves it.
>>
File: kate_idle_shocked.png (114 KB, 275x600) Image search: [Google]
kate_idle_shocked.png
114 KB, 275x600
>>333512775
Kate is pure.
>>
>>333510941
I really want to play this game because I've always wanted to play a game that were like an indie dramady or something, but as a video game and this looks like the closest thing to that. From what I've seen on YT, it looks comfy as fuck too. Thankfully I only watched a bit of the first episode so I haven't really spoiled myself on that. Looks like it has more actual gameplay than Telltale's games too.

I really want a game like this to have more actual gameplay and to tackle mental issues as well.
>>
>>333512912
I want to hug kate
>>
>>333510941
>so is this just another gone homo or is this something else entirely
You mean a Tumblr game with no redeeming qualities that people defend by calling it "comfy"? Yeah.
>>
>>333511707
>I usually dislike those "visual novels" but this one really stands out.
>Deals with a few difficult themes with subtelty.
Please stop, I can only >imply so hard.
>>
>>333510941
Episode 1
>Eh its not bad
Episode 1 ending
>Oh shit intrigue
Episode 2-3
>OH SHIT ITS LITT
Episode 4 ending
>The wait for episode 5 will kill me. Hype is in overdrive
Episode 5
>Literally Mass Effect 3 tier ending
>>
The episode 5 is fucking horrid and dropped my rating from 8ish to 5. Probably one of the biggest disappointments I've had in a while.
>>
For some reason, people have god tier autism when it comes to closure. Nobody wants to accept that the game is over. So they'll saythings like "lol shoehorned ending", as if that's a bad thing. They can't feasibly design 30 different endings, all animated and voice acted, just to appeal to the autistic 1%. The same goes for ME3.

I don't know why you're all so afraid to admit you're sad its over. You don't need to start claiming the game is shit because there won't be a continuation. Accept the ending and move on.
>>
>>333513691
Now I haven't played the game but maybe it's possible that people just weren't satisfied with the ending.
>>
>>333513829
That's fair but to say that a game goes from a 8/10 to a 5/10 because of a 5 minute ending sequence? That's overdramatic bullshit. The difference between a 10/10 and 9/10 is fair, but to discount 16 hours of gameplay over an ending that made you disappointed is retarded and asinine.
>>
>>333513953
Eh...you have a point but then LiS is a story-based game, is it not? The story's the whole point and the ending is a pretty critical part of the story.

You're right in that nerds on the internet often love to overreact but the climax of a narrative should be satisfying.
>>
File: yuruhug.jpg (145 KB, 766x1024) Image search: [Google]
yuruhug.jpg
145 KB, 766x1024
It's a fun Butterfly Effect rehash and the ending could have been better thought out

As a game it's more fleshed out than the Telltale titles
>>
>>333510941
I enjoyed it a lot. I cringed pretty bad on the first episode but I got used to the "le quirky no one understands me" trope

There's a lot of plot holes but overall the game was fun and got pretty intense like >>333511492
said

Chloe is fucking shit though. I don't know why anyone likes her
>>
Who is the best girl in the game?
>>
>>333510941
>>>/vg/lisg
There's already a thread there, why make one here
>>
>>333514559
Victoria because she's the most realistic
>>
>>333513273
at least it was two different cinematics and not just the same one with a different colour
>>
Starts with potential, ends up shitty.
>>
File: vic.jpg (40 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
vic.jpg
40 KB, 500x647
>>333514559
you even have to ask?
>>
>>333513691
isnt there a season 2?
>>
The first 3 episodes were good, the 4th episode was great, and the 5th episode was fucking abysmal and ruined the whole experience. There's also no replay value because nothing ever really changes
>>
>>333512757
>Steins;Gate
>anime
>>
>>333517469
>implying there isn't a Steins gate anime
>>333514704
>>333516223
She's also very insecure and attention seeking.
>>
>>333516223
>the entire selfie-meme
who writes this
why write this
>>
The Juno of video games.
>>
I played it last week after picking it up on the Christmas sale.

I enjoyed the fuck out of it, story was good, ending was eh 'a or b' but it was a satisfying conclusion I guess.
Also had a decent soundtrack, and max is a qt.
Probably my contender for goty 2015.
>>
File: Jambi meets Sondren.jpg (389 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
Jambi meets Sondren.jpg
389 KB, 1280x1810
>>333516223
Cute!
>>
It's my guilty pleasure.
I loved the character releations and thought that the story took a nice turn to the darker side.
a 7/10 worth the 30€
>>
>>333510941
cringe-inducing dialogue and annoying illogical characters await you
>>
File: dubs_howard.jpg (21 KB, 371x335) Image search: [Google]
dubs_howard.jpg
21 KB, 371x335
mediocre non-game, played the first part with some friends but got bored and ended up watching the rest on bro team's stream. The ironic part is that if it was a Japanese visual novel with the exact same story and characters most users of this shit board would love it
>>
>>333520540
I guess you've never heard of Steins gate then
Those threads still get a lot of >not vidya posts
>>
File: 1459211868518.jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1459211868518.jpg
46 KB, 540x438
>>333510941
Just another gone homo
Nothing of worth to see
>>
>>333520735
Isn't steins gate the one where some nerd wants to fuck a little boy but is an insecure Jap so he invents a dimension shopping machine to find a reality in which he doesn't have a cock
>>
File: 02.jpg (1 MB, 1763x1387) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
1 MB, 1763x1387
>>333520926
That's one part of the story... a very minor part unless you're a Luka fan.
>>
>>333510941
My game of the year for 2015.

It's fun and has that 90's teen drama show feeling. Very nostalgic to me
>>
>>333520926
No it's the one where some nerd wants to fuck his best friend's daughter so he built a time machine.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 640x1136
>>333510941
Does this answer your question?
>>
>>333523436
>I am a sheep
>>
>>333510941
Better than Gone Home, that's for sure. I honestly thought it was fairly interesting up until the final episode, in which it completely shits the bed.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.