[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Finally get around to playing DS2 after only playing bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 256x369
>Finally get around to playing DS2 after only playing bloodborne

What the fuck is this shit, this is no harder than skyrim or zelda seriously, the only "hard" thing about this is the shit enemy placements

Though the freedom of choice in builds is tons better

Is Dark Souls 1 harder?
>>
Teeheehee!!! Hey mom look, I posted it again!!
>>
>>333506387
after you learn how to souls it gets easy
>>
>>333506387
>Is Dark Souls 1 harder?
Did you START on Dark Souls 2? Fucking why?
>>
>>333506593
>game is literally not hard
>no one thinks its hard
>get triggered when someone says its not hard
>>
>>333506387
Why would you start on 2 instead of 1, or Demon's Souls for that matter?
>>
>>333506703
>>333507406
Only have a ps4 until next month

Who the fuck at from decided to port ds2 instead of 1
>>
>>333507931
>Who the fuck at from decided to port ds2 instead of 1
Somebody who wanted to improve the graphics and adjust the enemy placements etc.

No, Dark Souls 1 is not harder. Not by any rational measure.
>>
>>333506387

i think that was my main issue with DS2 in terms of difficulty

rather than designing enemies that were difficult, they just designed a lot of really annoying levels and enemy placements instead

like Shrine of Amana. that area isn't hard, the enemies aren't hard, it's just fucking tedious. no one wants to wade through ankle high water at 2mph and roll around dodging spells. it's not hard, it's just annoying
>>
>>333506387
I would say they are comparable but Dark souls 2 need more patience because of mobs spam
>>
>>333506387
DS1 is harder yes. It's not balls to the walls hard as people say, but there are some areas and bosses that are notably harder than anything in DS2, namely Blighttown, Ornstein and Smough, and New Londo Ruins (your first playthrough).
>>
>>333508972
How is New Londo hard? Has to be one of the easiest locations.
>>
File: what.jpg (25 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
25 KB, 250x201
>>333508972
>Blighttown
>hard
If you say it for any other reason than frame rate I don't know what to say. Only thing that is annoying besides that there is those mobs with toxic darts. Rest of mobs there consist of backstab/parry fest and those flying thits that are slow as fuck
>>
DaS1 is harder on your first playthrough, especially if going in blind. Under the same conditions, DaS2 is definitely easier.

Join the champions covenant if you want a challenge, OP.
>>
None if the games are hard. They are fucking trash and everyone only hypes them because they want to fit into this "le hardcore gamer" meme
>>
File: Souls Series.jpg (130 KB, 726x528) Image search: [Google]
Souls Series.jpg
130 KB, 726x528
Souls series in a nutshell
>>
File: Screenshot (97).png (520 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (97).png
520 KB, 1366x768
>>333506387
OP missed out on an "Amazing Chest Ahead"
The only thing hard DS1 was my cock after beating O&S
>>
>>333510184
Doesnt this graph imply Dark Souls being less fun than Dark Souls 2?
>>
>>333511713
Nah. Just shows how every souls game gets better the more time you put into it to git gud
>>
>>333509032
>>333509302
>first play through
>blighttown, new londo
>easy
look at these internet tough guys
>>
>>333510184
>time as a function of fun
those axes are backwards you tard.
>>
>>333506387
What build are you using? what weapons?
>>
Yes OP but in a different since
DS2 is hard but only because of poor enemy placement, shit AI, and badly placed hitboxes and collion.
DS1 is hella precise with both you and enemies, you also dont have unlimited healing.
>>
I figured this would be the best place to say this. Amongst my peers. Many of whom are probably just like me. But I am a cuckold
>>
>>333512303
Other way around dude. First 3-4 hours when I'm suddenly shit at video games again trying to relearn the timing on rolls and parrying are where all the fun is. Second half of these games get too easy with how powerful you become in addition to playing well.
>>
>>333510184
>Those axis
TRIGGERED
>>
>>333508972
Dark Souls 1 is piss easy to the bullshit in 2 at times. Fuck any of you niggers who didn't experience unpatched Shrine of Amana and homing, sliding attacks.

Dark Souls 1 is fair the whole game. Fair ultimately means a game that's easier than unfair, which 2 could be at times because of how rushed it was.
>>
>>333513309
The moment you realize souls games rely on invulnerability frames and not halfway decent hit boxes they become easy.
>>
>>333506387
Are you using summons?
>>
>>333509559
Via talking to victor's stone.
>>
>>333506387
If you've beaten bloodborne, the other souls games are just not going to be that hard. Regardless of which games in the series people think are hardest, it's pretty much a fact that once you're good at one of them, your pretty decent at all of them. DS1 won't be a challenge for you, although it has great level design and atmosphere. (Except for Lost Izalith, which is completely inexcusably bad).
>>
>>333512826
Honestly Dark Souls 2 isn't even that bad aside from some shit broken enemies like the fire lizards in the fire cave.

>Spins you around with no sense of weight thus impossible to strafe
>>
>>333513340
>Dark Souls 1 is fair the whole game
someone didn't play it on release, patch 1.06 changed everything
most notably dragon butts no longer chasing you across the entire map, enemies dropping 150% more souls on average, massively increased item drop rate, and you no longer have to trek all the way to the undead church to remove a curse (they also cut the price for the curse removal item to 1/4th the original)

PC players never experienced half the bullshit from the original release, like how the capra demon dogs originally spawned literally on top of you, or how the gaping dragon's legs used to chew have your health bar if you touched him and how frequently he used to spam his tail attack (and how much harder it was to cut off)
>>
dark soul II is harder than dark soul.

Losing health upon death is such a retarded gimmick and the hitboxes are bad . I guess it's much easier if you play with a shield
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.