[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Nostalrius died?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1200x885) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1200x885
Where were you when Nostalrius died?
>>
Someone said they're relocating to Finland though
>>
>>333495410

I was on Kronos not giving a fuck, i told you people to switch once the Chinese problem started to become more than a nuisance and the server going down several times per day.

But none of you listened and now you are all dead.
>>
>>333495410
How did it die? I quit the game long time ago because not only leveling was time consuming and less fun that remembered it - but I was ganked in every single zone 10 times / quest.
>>
File: metzen corruption.png (184 KB, 730x584) Image search: [Google]
metzen corruption.png
184 KB, 730x584
>>333495619

Blizzard took it down.
>>
>>333495696
So why don't they just release the sourcecode online and then blizzard would be pretty much fucked...

Tens of nostalrius reams will pop up all across the world - hell I'll even host my own vanilla server on my own server not giving a fuck about blizzard - an instant 60 with custom city pvp siege events where guards are properly scripted to engage in fun combat.
>>
>>333496123

I'm sure Blizzard will find a way to stop the release of the code.
>>
Here on /v/, laughing that people actually fell for the Vanilla WoW meme.
>>
File: 1459762769847.jpg (178 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1459762769847.jpg
178 KB, 770x711
>>333495696
DELETE THIS BLIZZARD DID NOTHING IT WAS THE ADMINS ON FAULT
>>
i uninstalled it a few days before it got shut down
>>
I don't even like Vanilla WoW, but this move has honestly made me really reconsider being a Blizzard shill. It doesn't matter if Vanilla sucks or not, a lot of people were playing it. There was a community there that they destroyed for basically no gain.

The only way this wouldn't have been incredibly shitty of them was to announce their own legacy servers in the same breath. And, obviously, that didn't happen, and it's not going to happen. Again, I don't even want these servers, but snuffing out this huge community is going to really damage their reputation.
>>
>>333496263
It would be amazing if they do that tho, TBC projects could use the fixes for vanilla content and give full focus on TBC.
>>
>>333496375
>There was a community there that they destroyed for basically no gain
Just like they did with retail
>>
>>333496296

This.

WoW plays and looks shit and it's baffling that people would whittle away their days in a 10 year old Skinner box.
>>
>>333496375
Yeah they were never going to release Vanilla servers, Blizzard are way too proud to admit the old version use to be better
>>
>>333496446
Shut up you moron. it's not the same thing. I'm not saying they didn't take away the sense of community from WoW, but this was a deliberate destruction.
>>
>>333496446
Pretty much, they took all the best WoW devs to work on Titan & replaced them with a bunch of shitters, then Titan got canned anyway
>>
>>333496498
this is what annoys me most about vanillafags, they can't say their game is "different," it has to be "better"
>>
>>333496571
>tfw Blizzard got cucked by Activision
>tfw Activision gave all the assets from Titan to Bungie so they could make Destiny
>only thing left for Blizzard was a shitty TF2 clone
>>
>>333496739
That's not true at all, Destiny would have been fucking incredible if that was the case, WoW's A-team were god tier
>>
THE SERVERS ADMINS WERE LETTING CHINKS SELL GOLD ON THEIR SERVER AND WERE TAKING A CUT

WHICH IS SUPER FUCKING ILLEGAL ONTOP OF HOSTING A PRIVATE SERVER THAT IS WHY THEY WERE YANKED YOU STUPID FUCKING AUTIST.
>>
>>333496123
>Today is also the day where Nostalrius will start being community-driven in the truest sense of the word, as we will be releasing the source code, and anonymized players data (encrypting personal account data), so the community as a whole will decide the form of the future of Nostalrius. We will still be there in the background if you want us to, but will no longer take the lead.
>>
>>333496827
yEA i just read their website, that's good news.
>>
>>333496810
it's true mate you can spot the assets from Titan in Destiny.
>>
>You think you want it, but you don't

You think we don't want it, but we do.
>>
Blizzard: Glad you could make it, Nostalrius.

Nostalrius: Watch your tone with me, Blizzard. You may have legal copyright power above me, but I'm still your superior as a popular legacy server.

Blizzard: As if I could forget. Listen, Nostalrius, there's something about the server you should know.
Blizzard: Oh no. It's too late. The Chinese are win-trading and the GM team are behind a gold scam. They may look fine now, but it's only a matter of time before they turn a profit.

Nostalrius: What?

Blizzard: This entire server must be purged.

Nostalrius: How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other way!

Blizzard: Damn it, Nostalrius. As your future legacy server provider, I order you to purge this server!

Nostalrius: You are not my legacy server provider yet, Blizzard. Nor would I obey that command even if you were!

Blizzard: Then I must consider this an act of copyright infringement.

Nostalrius: Copyright infringement? Have you lost your mind, Blizzard?

Blizzard: Have I? Nostalrius WoW server, by my right of intellectual property and sovereignty of the United States copyright laws, I hereby relieve you from your command and suspend your Game Masters from service.

Players: Blizzard, you can't just--

Blizzard: It's done! Those of you who have the will to play the Legion expansion, follow me. The rest of you... get out of my sight.

Nostalrius: You've just crossed a terrible threshold, Blizzard.

Blizzard: Players?

Players: I'm sorry, Blizzard. I can't watch you do this.
>>
>>333495619
Blizzard is releasing Legion soon and doesn't feel like competing with themselves.
>>
>>333495410
not playing WoW
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
I had just cleared Deadmines on my Paladin
>>
>>333495410
Some PSO private servers let you download your personal shit and move to other servers. Is that what is going on here?
>>
>>333497418
if you watch different alpha videos without following the story line in a linear way - that would make you emotional hence blind - you can see lots of holes in the story and in the over all experience.

There are lots of shit that don't make sense even for wow universe.

And the game play as seen as it is not trough story or anything else... just pure gameplay is even worse than wod.
>>
>>333496815
>Post speaks the truth
>Faggots ignore it
always.
>>
Blizzard is completely within their right to shut down private servers.

Go ahead and call me a shill but its their IP man they can do whatever the fuck they want with it regardless if we like it or not.
>>
>>333497672
That might be the truth but I don't care, I didn't care while it was running - I don't care now.
>>
>>333497280
cringe
>>
>>333497691
desu they wouldnt shut it down if they didnt sell gold and fucking advertise themselves on big twitch streams
>>
>>333496815
This.

The server doesn't accept donations directly and it costs money to host a huge private server like Nostalrius. How else do you expect them to pay for better severs and their hosting bills? They sure as shit aren't spending thousands of dollars out of their own pockets, they can't even afford to pay a full time staff, so they get people who literally do it for FREE.
>>
>>333497895
Shut the fuck up and go watch Cringe compilations on youtube.
>>
i was at home drinking brain fluid when fred call

"nost is die"

"no"

and you?
>>
>>333496123

The code isn't the issue. The copyright is the issue. The Nost team was making money from Blizzard's product and they were fully within their legal right to defend their title.
>>
>>333496494
>Tfw you never played retail vanilla
>>
>>333496573
The game is substantially worse than it used to be.
>>
>>333498849
Blizzard can't and won't shut down all the Nost offsprings.

It costs them more money than it actually saves them.

How many relevant private servers did they even force to shut down? I can only think of Wowscape and Nost.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.