[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he Pit? Does NoA only know a handful of VAs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Lutz_portrait.png (55 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Lutz_portrait.png
55 KB, 250x250
Why is he Pit?

Does NoA only know a handful of VAs?
>>
there's the strike going on I guess?

Anyways it's pretty painfully obvious that Anthony Del Rio is voicing 2 characters in the game and shows how rough the VA work is
>>
>>333494767
>>333494961
I like him as Silas and Percy. I think that he fits for both pretty well.
>>
>>333494767
Bombastic Beatdown Blow!
>>
>>333494767
is that captain americas son?
>>
File: 1459163828145.png (559 KB, 1200x1046) Image search: [Google]
1459163828145.png
559 KB, 1200x1046
>>333494767
>handful of VAs?

Welcome to the west's hilariously incestuous VA pool.

For muh weebshit it's something like ~10 VAs spread across hundreds of characters now. They need new people. They don't even have to be good, just DIFFERENT.
>>
>>333494767
Isn't Silas Pit?
>>
>>333496346
Yes. A lot of the VAs pulled double and triple duty.
>>
>>333494961
It's alright to voice multiple character if your voice is capable.

>Stahl and Donnel is the same VA
>>
>>333496456
Another example would be Laurent and Gregor. Both are voiced by Paul St. Peter.
>>
>>333495559
Sidekick Slam!

this guy turned out to be my best unit in Conquest
>>
I haven't played Fates yet, but I'm sure Yuri Lowenthal is in it.
>>
I'm serious, study Japanese if you give a fuck
NoA VA industry won't change even if you wait 30 years. People are just NOT that into voice. Not as much as gameplay, story, etc
>>
pretty much any Japanese company picks the same voice actors.
>>
If you've played localized Japanese games long enough, you will realize why we prefer dual audio.

It's less about fascination with nip, and more about voice actor variety. Of course there are some common staples reusing, but the selection is far more diverse that voice actor options in the west.
>>
>>333496595
He plays a couple of characters. He's also a voice option for Corrin.
>>
>>333496596
>Implying the japanese VA industry is better
It suffers from the same issues, but more so.
>>
>>333496073
Well I was looking through the cast and I just noticed that Midori/Kagero/Layla's va is completely new
These are her first roles apparently
You are not wrong but maybe they are getting new people
>>
>>333497303
>Layla'
who?
>>
>>333496595
He voices Marth
>>
>>333497414

IIRC the Hoshido opera house chapter has you chat with one of the dancers, who gets her own unique portrait and everything--she's cute, would S-support.
>>
>>333497462
He's Marth, Niles, and a voice option for Corrin. I think he's another person too.
>>
NoA is cheap as fuck, so yeah.
>>
>>333498047
>California talent
>Cheap

There's a reason why Laura Bailey can afford a house in this state, anon.
>>
File: kaine.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kaine.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
>>333499353

It's less talent (although I love Bailey as pic related) and more that you HAVE to be on the west coast (specifically, in or near LA) to make localization voice acting a career.

It's like the CalArts problem /co/ sometimes bitches about, only with VAs.
>>
>>333499353
Because Laura Bailey is in fucking everything
That's why
>>
>>333499781
I'm referring to talent as a profession.

My ACTUAL point is that California talent is usually SAG associated so union dues are included and paired with the cost of living in the state, a VA gig isn't exactly a low-rent position.
>>
>>333496456
>tfw Cam Clarke only has two voices

I love the man, but he needs more range, especially if he's going to soapbox about how voice actors aren't given enough credit or respect.
>>
>>333500020
>Only has two voices
I'd say two is a bit few but it's doable.
Unlike Liam O'Brien who has one.
>>
>>333500020
Between Liquid, Leonardo, Ulmeyda (Killer 7), and Arthur (FE:Fates), I think his voice can differ enough, not to mention all of them sound great.
>>
VA is unionised to fuck and is a closed shop. Someone would literally have to die to open up the door and even when it would just be someone's mate.

Thatcher would of solved this
>>
>>333500343
At least his one voice is very nice to hear
>>
>>333500805
My first experience with him was Persona 3. I put more than a hundred hours into it. It just doesn't feel right when a Ghost from Starcraft or Illidan Stormrage has a voice I recognize as the voice of a sporty teenager.

I said he has one voice, it's not entirely true. He can do a german accent which is pretty good, and he can distort his voice to sound like a monster pretty well too.
>>
>>333499934
I don't think we have any confirmation that Laura Bailey is in Fates aside from a bit part as Lucina.
>>
>>333501974
>she is not in fates aside from the part where she is in fates
There are a lot more things than just FE Fates too, you know?
>>
Kay I reached ch10 lunatic in nohr and now I'm dying.

Should I just use the ebon wing on Odin and reclass him to dark falcon so I can defend the left side better, even if Odin is just level 7?
>>
>>333496948
But if you don't understand Nip, how can you tell the difference? You have excited sounding girl, deep voice guy, generic sounding hero that sounds somewhat nervous. Like Camilla is literally "seductive, ara ara" and Hinoka is generic "determined woman who still gets flustered."
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.